1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Anime

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by XBPonyA, 14 March 2012.

1. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Darn site doesn't work on my phone, sure I've seen it before tho
    *stops video after a couple of seconds, ears bleeding*
    What episode does this girl appear?

2. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

S1E6 i believe

within the first half-dozen at any rate
    haha i'd forgotten that

i also like:
    [​IMG]
    can't find a vid :(
    Ayaya is precious child. and Yoko is great.

Sunsetstreamer likes this.
  3. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Turns out the answer is actually episode three! In addition to her brief appearance in the prologue

4. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

^well i was a little wrong there then... first half dozen at least.

watching the first ep of Aria the Avvenire reminded me just how relaxing Aria as a show was... really glad they made the Avvenire specials.

5. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

I'm watching the rest of K-On!! this weekend (and maybe the movie) I don't know what I'll watch after that, but I have a list.

Also I'm trying to read a 3in1 omnibus of One Piece every week so i can catch up, I can usually get through a hundred pages on a 70 minute bus journey (I spend a lot of time on busses)

Sunsetstreamer and Britpoint like this.
  6. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

Life is really screwing with my anime at the moment. Seriously, the only one I'm watching every week is Konosuba. I'm planning a day off at some point for an ultra catch up.

That reminds me, I'm supposed to do a run every day.
    I watch Spice and Wolf as I run.
    ...I haven't watched Spice and Wolf in a while.

.........damn.

7. Bellzor

Bellzor 1% Tea, 99% Hot gas.

So I finished One Punch Man...
    I liked how it took a different approach to the whole super hero genre (I suppose it's nearest comparison would be the movie Hancock, in which the hero is also living alone and finds it hard getting along with people). Obviously with Saitama being so strong the show ran the risk of getting boring as you knew he was going to win every time, but it managed to stay entertaining and even funny on occasions. It is also one of the few animes where I felt the show reached a logical conclusion, and it didn't drag itself on too long. All in all it was a good show
    And now to go watch something else. Maybe it's time to watch Sakura Trick...

Britpoint likes this.
  8. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

If you're looking for some light girl-smooching, Sakura Trick comes highly recommended! If not... it's pretty funny as well, but there are other funny things with lower smooch:joke ratios

9. Bellzor

<implying that it is possible to not be into yuri>
    mfw:
    [​IMG]

Pigasus likes this.
  10. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

Some people are weird, man.

You get all sorts.

11. Bellzor

Freakin' weeaboos.

Also I intend on watching Hibike Euphonium and then Love Live! next so the yuri and/or implied yuri undertones will continue...

12. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

[​IMG]
    ...i just wanted an excuse to post something from the uncharted depths of my 'Dokes folder

Sunsetstreamer and Bellzor like this.
  13. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

このすばの日が大好きだよ。メグミンは今週いつもよりかわいかった

I love Konosuba day. It's pretty much the best day. Megumin is life. Hatless Megumin is joy.

[​IMG]

Empress likes this.
  14. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

爆発は正義よ

賛成だよ.今週はとてもかわいかった

KonoSuba definitely surprise of the season. also, show of the season.

Britpoint likes this.
  15. Sunsetstreamer

Sunsetstreamer Honorary Pony

The influx of coursework is making anime watching sessions like frequent. Well coursework, gaming and working out what I'm doing for some media projects within university.

Though I have been able to keep up with with KonoSuba, Utawarerumono: The False faces along with finishing off Black Bullet and K-On!!.
    Also the american anime, RWBY. I've re-watched that so many times over the past few weeks.

KonoSuba is certainly a surprise this season. To be honest, the idea of it kinda put me off and it did appear to be fairly full of fan service but after giving it a couple of episodes I did genuinely get into it.
    Also more people need to keep up with Utawarerumono. I'm sure @Magpie could agree with that.

16. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

i'm still ever so slightly disappointed by Utawarerumono False Faces... it's good, but it doesn't match the original. at least, the anime doesn't. can't comment on the VN. but the anime adaptation of the original was one of the best adaptations of a VN ive seen so.

the characters just aren't as interesting to me. meh. it's still pretty good.

there really hasn't been much else this season mind, except for a few second seasons. Dimension W has been good. Hai to Gensou no Grimgar has been a nice alternate/realistic take on the common concept. Musaigen no Phantom World has been uniformly terrible, except the KyoAni standard animation

17. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

lmao. This is getting immediately added to my Anki revision list.

Still not picked up, huh? :(

I'm mostly kept up here. A couple of episodes behind, but still enjoying it. I dunno though, I feel like Utawarerumono was much better when it wasn't trying to actually have a story, as I don't think it pulls it off too well.

18. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

ナース爆発!

:p
    nope. the odd episode or bit here or there is decent, but moooostly it's a trainwreck.
    False Faces adaptation definitely doesn't. i've heard it cuts a lot of important stuff (battles etc) that are in the VN, so it's possible the story is better in the source.

it's surprising in a way, cos as i keep saying, the original had such a strong story and set of characters...

19. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

Eh I have been summoned and hence I shall answer. :p

It does seem to condense plot points to the point where characters are not getting accurate portrayals, but in some ways the original suffered from this as well. I am in the same boat though, I much preferred the original (and especially the OVAs) in comparison to the False Faces.

Personally I am holding onto this series with the hope that there will be enough interest to prompt Aquaplus to consider the western market especially as the original was never officially ported.

That and it has an awesome schedule of airing on Wednesdays rather than the weekends.

The thing that irks me the most is the portrayal of Haku, there are certain aspects that are completely missing (such as his expertise with the fan charm in combat, he goes from no combat experience to holding his own against Oshutoru...)

Anyone who believes otherwise is already a lost cause to me.

ava7.png

Sunsetstreamer likes this.
  20. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Aquaplus games have no history of localization, which is my main concern. obviously i'd love them to be brought across, but i don't think there's a great chance...

i hope i'm just being pessimistic. Sekai Project have pulled a few rabbits out of the hat in terms of big name classics (Clannad, for one) and i know i'd back the hell out of an Utawarerumono kickstarter.

a fan translation is more likely though, and who knows how long that'd be.