1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Anime

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by XBPonyA, 14 March 2012.

1. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Britpoint likes this.
  2. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

Is that the supermarket they visit in the movie?

I'm about to watch Tamako Market :)

Also I really want a K-On! college anime to happen

3. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Yeah, I recognised the little sign outside

A college K-on would be great! Maybe waiting a year so Azunyan can join them. Is there any chance of that happening? I'm not holding out much hope )@:

4. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

Well, the manga does go into their college days. But it's been 4 years since that volume hit and nothing so far... so hinestly, I'm not expecting it. There is certainly source material available though.

5. A Newcomer

A Newcomer A Shadowbolt's reputation never dies.

Every week, I find myself opening gogoanime.io for the new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V.

If you haven't seen it yet, the Subbed Version of Arc V is absolutely stunning to watch. Millions of people are on board with it, and it truly feels like it's paying homage to the game itself.

And next week, we're gonna see an epic climax to Yuya and Jack's rematch. Provided that the megalomaniacal Jean-Michel Roger doesn't continue to treat that Title Match like it's a manhunt...

6. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

I'm listening to Anthony Fantano (the internet's busiest music nerd, best teeth in the game etc...) interviewing Digibro on The Needle Drop podcast, talking in depth about anime and manga.

7. Bellzor

Bellzor 1% Tea, 99% Hot gas.

So I finished Sakura Trick last night. I mean, it was what I expected it to be. Not as much ecchi as I feared and it was nicer than I thought it would've been. I won't be rushing to recommend it to people, but if you like yuri then you could do worse...

And now onto Hibike Euphonium.

Britpoint likes this.
  8. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

Oh, someone's in for a good time!

I'm watching Durarara season 2 at the moment and two of the new characters are twin sisters who sometimes kiss and stuff. It's pretty cool but it's definitely not the reason I watch the show. There are other characters and plot points that are driving forces in their own right definitely I guess

I love the otaku Dollars members because they keep making references that I understand and I feel like such an awesome nerd xD

9. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

BAKUON!!

IS

K-ON

WITH MOTORBIKES.

Also there is a talking motorbike that makes lewd jokes.

10. Sallee

Sallee Recognised Pony

Have not watched much Anime as late but currently watching Pokemon XY&Z subbed and must say I'm impressed.Have not watched Pokemon since the dub switchover back in 2006 during Hoenn.Decided to watch from XY and remained hooked since.
    Saw Sailor Moon Crystal 27 part 1 and 2 the other day and impressed with the animation changes,not perfect but the 2D transformations definitely an improvement over the CGI of earlier episodes.Loved the ending song,love the character interactions not so keen on the opening music.

Digimon Tri loving it particularly the scenes of Jou and Gomamon, and Meicoomon's adorableness.Just felt the evolutions were a little lackluster and lacked the wow factor in part 2 anyone who has watched it might get me.
    Sadly Kouji Wada who did many of of the Japanese Digimon songs (Butterfly,Seven,Target,Biggest Dreamer etc) passed away on the 3rd of April aged 42:(.RIP Kouji Wada

11. Bellzor

Bellzor 1% Tea, 99% Hot gas.

So I finished Hibike! Euphonium. I imagine if you're into band music you'd pick up on more of the little details, but I still found it pretty good. Also, the amount of girls crying in this show is ridiculous. Anyway, it's really pretty and well animated and the music is obviously top class so I would recommend.

And now to move onto Fate/Zero.

12. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

There is a ridiculous amount of really good stuff this season. I haven't even gotten around to Joker Game or Bungo Stray Dogs yet (which everyone recommends).

Too busy with Re:ZERO, Flying Witch, Kiznaiver, Bakuon, Anne-Happy, Tanaka-kun, Assassination Classroom, Netoge no yome, Sansha Sanyou, the list goes on. My Crunchyroll subscription is paying for itself, put it that way.

13. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Is Bakon like the Rolling Girls with the bikes theme? or is more a Girls und Panzer style anime but with bikes not tanks (or totally different), I may give it a go some time down the line.

14. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Talking of Panzer: I'd recommend the currently airing Hai Furi / High School Fleet, which is GuP in boats (actual ones, not like Koncolle)

Wonderbolt and Britpoint like this.
  15. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

I love Girls und Panzer! OK, that settles it I'll check out Haifuri tomorrow.

I didn't really get into Rolling Girls, so I wouldn't really compare it to that. I'd say the most apt comparisons are K-On with bikes (of course) and something like Kiniro Mosaic. It's the epitome of cute girls doing cute things just for the lols, and the cute thing in this instance is riding bikes.

Wonderbolt and Pigasus like this.
  16. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Caught up with a few more episodes of Fairy Tail xD
    Really could do with watching my backlog of shows before the the new shows I want to watch air later in the year.

Starbright likes this.
  17. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

When does the summer season begin?

18. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I think it will be June, not sure though.

19. Starbright

Starbright Pony

I love Fairy Tail so much, so I'm trying to limit myself with how many episodes I watch, as Fairy Tail is supposed to be taking a break

Wonderbolt likes this.
  20. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

xD, Fairy Tail is one of my favourite shows but because I am watching the dub (I normally watch subs but stated watching Fairy tail dub so just carried on) it takes ages for them to dub them so I am quite behind lol. I think the main shows on break and they are doing Fairy tail zero at the moment but I have not watched that yet.

Starbright likes this.