1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Anime

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by XBPonyA, 14 March 2012.

1. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

No arguments here, I always loved that piece. Yet i've only seen Castle of Cagliostro...may have to add the series to my 'things to buy at Expo if I see them at a reasonable price' list. Would you recommend the series first or one oft he otehr films?

2. bobby.p

bobby.p #StayBased #MostWanted

I reccomend pretty much everyhing but you can only buy the castle of cagliosotro and the secret of mamo on dvd here :/

3. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

Damn. Import it may have to be then.

4. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

Lucky Star eh? Mind If I nab or buy one off you bobby? I haven't seen it.

That is, unless you're either collecting them or you can't give them away for some reason...

5. bobby.p

ah i was making a pun, i only have one copy
    Denegoth despises it you see, good show though worth checking out

6. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

If you like bad shows :rolleyes:

7. bobby.p

[​IMG]
    this may be one of the few things we don't mutually enjoy, oh well not for everyone I guess

8. EquestrianEmperor

EquestrianEmperor Rock it, Scootaloo!

I used to be into Naruto, but I felt that it's kind of dragged on a little bit. These days, I prefer watching either Haruhi Suzumiya or Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) and I also like Gurren Lagann too. I used to watch Love Hina, but I've lost track now.

9. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

Couldn't get on with Naruto. I do love Haruhi and Kuroshitsuji though (Grell is awesome :) )

An old one that doesn't get remebered as being an anime:

Has anyone seen Tenjo Tenge? Is it any good?

I love sylveon. likes this.
  10. EquestrianEmperor

EquestrianEmperor Rock it, Scootaloo!

I loved Samurai Pizza Cats when I was younger!! Takes me back to my childhood! I've heard of Tenjo Tenge, but never actually saw an episode, so I can't pass judgement on whether it is good or not.

But...I bet nopony remembers this little gem...

11. _ZeDB

_ZeDB Totally Meant To Do That

Eh, it's sorta bad. There are a few fight scenes in there though that are quite cool. The manga is better though. The anime stops before the best bits :(

Behold, one of the cheesiest openings ever, only rivalled in fan service by Highschool of the Dead :p

12. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

Given some of the scenes in the Manga, i'm not surprised by the fan service (although, i've avoided HSotD because it struck me as nowt but fan service). What point in the Manga does the Anime go up to? I have all the 2-in-1 versions that have been released. Despite the amount of adult scenes (again, not surprising given where Oh Great started out), i've been enjoying the story and action a lot. It's fun spotting different things that the series may have influenced. I see a lot of it in Bleach for example.

13. Skittys

Skittys Permanently Banned

Me gusta clannad

XBPonyA likes this.
  14. bobby.p

anyone ever watch the series Serial Experiments Lain its a favorite of mine
    spent foever searching for the dvds could only get vol 2 and 3 really bashed up copies from amazon (must have been left in a corner in the warehouse)
    then last year one day after asking to be notified 2 years prior they emailed me and got the boxset and I ordered it right there and then.
    its really great a recommend seeing it
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Serial-Expe...V3GC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333303393&sr=8-2 out of print again now though :/

15. _ZeDB

Um...I can't really place it, but most of the anime is flashback to Shin, Maya and Mitsuomi. I don't think the ending even follows the manga. I know it certainly doesn't include Sourichiro doing his Exorcist Form thingy. Twas disappointing indeed. I felt that's when it started to get good :(

16. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

Not seen it but it's one I sometimes search for. The story intrigues me.

I enjoyed the lengthy flashback. Shame if that's it though.

17. _ZeDB

Yeah, I felt they could have focused more on the main characters. Doesn't look to be a second season coming out any time soon either,

18. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

I had the same thing with the anime adaption of SHirow Miwa's Dogs too. The episodes they did were good. They just haven't done anything else since and the manga has been so good thus far.

19. Pumpki

Pumpki Bewildered muntjac

How I wish it was readily available with subs - never seen the ending! Still play the games though, the DS one is good but ugh, the anti-shut down measure means I keep ruining my monsters just showing their animations to friends. >:I

There should be a new anime with 200% more mews and garu. And animated by Mad House because asifit'dhappeninthefirstplace.

Finished rewatching Strange Dawn today. Turns out I saw all but the last episode on Channel 5 back in 2002ish? Not sure why, could be they cut it short by a single ep, considering they were showing it in the children's programming and it had plenty of blood and sexual assault. It just baffles me how it ever got there and stayed for a good twelve weeks. Anyone else watch it?

20. I love sylveon.

I love sylveon. Banned User

I love Kuroshitsuji (thanks sister), i (and my sister) think that grell is best "female" reaper. i also have first series Haruhi Suzumiya on dvd (best £30 spend)

Tad likes this.