1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Anime

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by XBPonyA, 14 March 2012.

1. bobby.p

bobby.p #StayBased #MostWanted

is that the season 2 dvd with the haruhi can vol one
    need to by the second volume of that

2. I love sylveon.

I love sylveon. Banned User

i also have a great NEED for Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 and Haruhi Chan vol2 (already got vol 1).

3. _ZeDB

_ZeDB Totally Meant To Do That

I've just started watching Black Cat, and so far that's pretty good. So is Witchblade and Highlander.

4. bobby.p

so simple yet hilarious

5. Ripp_

Ripp_ Now in Smoky Bacon flavour.

wut did I just watch...

6. Pumpki

Pumpki Bewildered muntjac

Is it bad that I intend to get the two Haruhi-chan sets when they're cheaper and not season 2? There's so much in those mini series to share with people but I can't even remember if I finished the whole second season.

7. bobby.p

fun
    [​IMG]

8. Ripp_

Ripp_ Now in Smoky Bacon flavour.

That I shall not denie

also what nyoro~n?

9. bobby.p

10. LoomX

LoomX Honorary Pony

What's everyone's preference with regards to subs and dubs? Do you prefer to watch anime with the original Japanese audio and English subtitles or do you prefer an English dub? Personally I have no problem watching it with subtitles, plus I find it makes me pay more attention to it since if I look away I miss whatever they're talking about.

I've just finished watching season 1 of K-On! (subtitled) and really enjoyed it. Is the dub worth checking out on the DVD set? Also, is it normal for the songs to be stuck in my head constantly? :p

11. bobby.p

normally subs but will watch the dub in rare cases, the cowboy bebop, ghost in the shell dubs were pretty good and there were a few others
    but yeah most things will be subs,
    the dub is not great cant beat those japanese VAs

also the songs yes there so catchy!!

12. _ZeDB

_ZeDB Totally Meant To Do That

I much prefer subs, and I only like a dub if it's a good dub. Frankly, when I first started watching the Naruto dub, hearing him shout 'Believe it!' every 5 minutes grated on me a bit.

13. LoomX

LoomX Honorary Pony

Hmm yeah the dub just doesn't sound right. Yui sounds okay but not as good as the Japanese VA.

And the songs are indeed catchy :D

I agree. I've seen a fair few badly dubbed shows in my time. The Japanese Transformers series (Armada and Energon in particular) spring to mind. They were full of errors and the VA's just didn't give a good a performance as they could have.

14. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

Varies for me. There are a few shows whre I actually kinda liked the dubs. Ghost in the Shell and Wolf's Rain spring to mind (couldn't get on iwth Wolf's Rain's Japanese cast for some reason). Depends what i'm doing as well. If i'm gonna zone in and out or am working then dub makes it easier.

Not seen K-On! though so couldn't comment :)

15. EquestrianEmperor

EquestrianEmperor Rock it, Scootaloo!

Same here. Sometimes, I prefer the English dub to the Japanese or vice versa.

16. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

Regarding dubs vs subs, I tend to stick to subs except for a very few cases such as Fullmetal Alchemist, TTGL (though both sub and are great) and Death Note, and for the latter I will specifically say to anyone thinking of watching it to get the dub. And the K-On! dub is terrible.

17. Essaiel

Essaiel Pony

My favourite's are probably:

Kino's Journey
    Time of Eve
    Escaflowne
    Macross Frontier
    Ano Hana
    and Madoka , those are the ones that stick out most to me.

I seriously cant stand 99% of dubs, there are the odd rare oens I can but they are so few and far between it isn't worth mentioning. I stick with subs.

I am currently watching a animé called 'Planetes', the sub titles are annoying me in that for the simple reason that it also registers background voices and they get mixed in with the important stuff and it's hard to tell who is saying what. it's a bit rare and I simply need to pause the video to get my bearings. I like it when some animé colour coordinate their subtitles to stop the confusion.

18. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

Only thing I'm currently watching from this season so far is Acchi Kocchi. Amazingly cute and the main character looks like Konata (and the whole thing has quite the Lucky Star vibe to it)

Real funny as well, very slice of life styled but ridiculous, and have I mentioned how cute it is?
    Will be looking to start catching up with Sankarea, Hyouka, and probably Medaka Box some time soon. Also just tonight saw an OVA called Hotarubi No Mori e at anime society, real emotional story and manly tears were nearly shed. Saw next few episodes of Shigofumi too which I'm enjoying alot and may have to look into making a new figure purchase. And of course, recently watched Boku Wa Tomodachi which was fantastic. Kobato <3

19. danspy1994

danspy1994 Sparta Pony

I gotta start watching Deathnote, Soul Eater and Claymore :3

20. bobby.p

been watching this again the two sets of ovas and the movie are great
    may have to import the 2 seasons and the spin off in LA from america at some point