1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Another Day on the Job

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Bronti97, 5 August 2014.

1. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

Ferrum gave a chuckle.
    "Double my order, she is relatively new here but rather hardworking for a unicorn and needs somthing to appease her appetite"
    Mrs cake laughed and gave Ferrum the cakes. Ferrum walked outside and gave Marr the cake.
    "On the house cor helping me today"
    Ferrum smiled as he saw Marrs jump up from where she was sitting and smiled at Ferrum.

2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"Thank you. What's in 'em?" Marr stared at the cake as if she could glean the secrets of the universe from it. "I can't see anything obvious. Guess they're just sponge cakes." She carefully took a bite. It tasted like cake. "This is really nice." Marr thought for a second. "Tell you what," she said, "We'd better get something other than cake, too. Cake's a dessert kind of thing and we should probably get, like, a sandwich or something, or at least a drink." Marr looked around for a cafe or bar of some description, but couldn't immediately see anywhere to go to. "Know anywhere we could get something like that? Plus, we should sit down to eat anyhow."

3. Bronti97

"I have no idea whats in them, thats why i like them" said Ferr.
    Ferr saw the disappointed look on Marrs face and then remembered that she is very clever with mechanics and had an idea, His idea was that he could use her skills to create hammers that can shape metal easier and faster which will help incase of another "emergency" order.
    "I have a job for you to do, it could be pretty useful for my family, and i will give you a project to do over the next few days." Marrs smiled at the thought and got her pen and paper out as quick as she could. Ferr explains the project and as he did Marrs smile just kept growing and growing, at one point Ferr thought that her smile would start coming out of her face.

4. Aethelberdia

"Right. You, Ferrum, are a genius. The world must know of this. Later. Ummm... I will need to be paid (business is is business) but I'll give you a large discount on account. Thanks for the cake by the way. I'll probably be back soon, but I'll have to start right away. Preliminaries, y'know. Um, bye!" Marr smiled at Ferrum and concentrated momentarily. In an instant she was standing back in her living room, with a slight tingling sensation. The beacon had worked, it seemed. Marr gave a brief chuckle and set to work.

5. Bronti97

Ferrum was astounded by what had happened before his eyes, she's gone? Ferrum believed that this was normal for her and forgot to tell him. he was happy that he thought about it and is now even happier that he has found somepony to do it.

*** next time Ferrum and Marr meet is in another RP. Adventuring Elsewhere, check it out to follow the story of Ferrum, Marr and many other ponys (and a zebra) going on a quest!!!

6. Aethelberdia

(OOC: Timeskip to after Marr's finished is going to take effect)

7. Bronti97

(OCC) This is now set after the quest

Ferrum walks through Ponyville, he does this a lot since it gives him time to think, he walks past Shyss's house and remembers the large crater outside her house, he still hasnt asked about that... he would rather save that for another time. There was a noise behind him, somehow he knew what this noise was... more to the point he knew WHO this noise was.
    "I dont even have to turn around and i know its you Marr" he smiles and gets no reply. he turned around and marr was stood there.

#27 Bronti97, 22 August 2014
    Last edited: 22 August 2014
  8. Aethelberdia

"You've either got very good hearing or you've been waiting for this," said Marr, laughing. She was carrying a decent sized bag on her back. "These here," she said, gesturing to the bag, "Are rather useful. These ones don't explode, so don't worry about that."
    Emptying the bag and simultaneously catching the contents with magic, she set three rather plain-looking hammers onto the pavement. "These should help no end. Each one has a different function. This one," she said, gesturing to a hammer with a red rune set into the side and a hand guard (which made it look a little odd), "can be made incredibly hot by use of this button on the handle. Hot enough to melt iron given a few seconds. It uses friction to do so, although I won't go into specifics. I can think of a few uses but I'll leave it to you. This one," she continued, gesturing to a hammer with a green rune set into the side and a black hammerhead, "is quite odd. When it is swung, the head essentially becomes several times heavier than it already is as soon as it hits something, meaning you basically hit harder than normally possible. Left a crater in my workbench, which is made of solid steel. Had to mend the legs as well. That one was made using a lot of magic, so I had to get somebody in to help. Pretty neat though. And finally," said Marr, gesturing to a hammer with a blue rune set into the side and numerous lines all over it, "this one is a blacksmith's version of something I like to call a multitool. I've got one of my sister's design. She was always good with this kind of thing. Either way, I'm especially proud of this. At the moment it's a hammer, yes?" Ferrum nodded. "Well, if you say one of a few tools, it'll become one. Pretty nifty. I'll demonstrate. Make sure not to hold on to it. Umm… right. Tongs!" At the word tongs, the hammer split into two hinged parts, the head reverse-telescoping into itself. It then flipped itself around so that it resembled a fairly bulky pair of blacksmith's tongs. "I'll write you a list of all the functions anyhow. What do you think?"

9. Bronti97

"I cant thank you enough, I shall only use them whhen a large order comes through since princess celestia wishes for it to be traditional, but I can easily put this to personal good use aswell... thanks" he couldnt believe it, whT he saw before him could change his life for the better, he could build many items with these. After the whole thanks speech Marr gave him a smile as he processed what was happening.

10. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

Shyss had finally finished sorting through her house to see what was left for her to buy, thankfully there wasn't much since Bon Bon was nice enough to do some shopping for her just before she returned home. Unfortunately she had forgot the aniseed and the tea. Shyss also found there to be a large crack in her cauldron, according to Topaz, who was now out somewhere probably playing with Mercury, Wreck had visited and he wasn't too pleased when he found out that she was elsewhere.
    "I better take that to Ferrum, he should be able to fix that in a jiffy." She said to herself as she tried to lift the cauldron with her unicorn magic. She struggled for a few seconds before she was able to lift the cauldron and bring it closer so she could balance it on her back. Once she had double checked to make sure she had everything she set out to make the walk across town to the smithy.
    She circumnavigated the crater outside her house, careful not to fall in like she had done last night, and soon found Ferrum and Marr happily talking not too far away. She smiled, it was nice to see her friends in a more mundane situation than the last one. "Good morning!" she called as she approached at a slight canter.

11. Bronti97

Ferrum was testing out the new tools as Shyss showed up unexpectedly
    "Good morning!" Shyss called as she walked towards Marr and Ferrum.
    "Oh, hey Shyss. Check out these new gadgets that Marr made me, im rather impressed."
    as he flipped the hammer around to prove how lightweight they actually are. As he explained what they did (with a little help from Marr) he noticed the cauldron on Shyss' back ... he should have noticed that earlier, however he was too intrigued with his new tools to do so.
    "Unfortunately it shall cost a small fortune, whats on your back." He obviously knew it was a cauldron, however he hoped that Shyss would explain why.

12. Aethelberdia

"Hey there, Shyss. How's Topaz? I've only seen him a couple of times, and I've never spoken to him." Marr was happy to see Shyss, as it meant she didn't feel so awkward hanging around with Ferrum. She was going to have to tell him the price of his latest acquisitions in a while, but she didn't have the heart to do so at the time. She instead decided to carefully levitate the cauldron off Shyss' back and onto the floor, so that Ferrum could get a closer look.

13. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

"Thank you Marr," Shyss said, grateful to be liberated from it's weight, "And Topaz is feeling great, I think he's off playing with Mercury somewhere around Ponyville." She then turned to Ferrum who was happily admiring his new tools, "I take it those are the tools Marr was drawing out schematics for on the way to Arcadia."
    She picked up the three tools in turn and examined them closer, they could all prove insanely useful for those with the know-how to use them. It would be a good idea to take copies of the schematics to Viol to be archived, but Shyss doubted Marr would let her do that. Gesturing to the cauldron she had brought, she said "Do you think you can fix that for me? Apparently Wreck cracked it, but to be frank I don't care what happened to it, I don't use it much and I doubt I'll need it for awhile. But it would be a good idea to have it fixed before the time comes when I do need it."

14. Bronti97

Ferrum examines the cauldron "what metal is it made of? if it is what I think it is then its not going to be cheap... also it shall be hard to create a temperature high enough to remould it."
    Ferrum instantly remembers that the red rune hammer heats up to a rather large temperature,
    "how much would these hammers cost with your discount?" he looks at Marr as he askes this because his thought was that he could fix the cauldron to make Shyss happy, pay off the debt which he owes Marr to make her happy and to have helped two friends for free which will make him happy.