1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Any other shows that you want to see again?

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Thomas+Ponies, 11 June 2013.

1. Thomas+Ponies

Thomas+Ponies I'm HowToBasic!

I have been looking around the UKoE website and noticed different threads about the needs of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic in the UK again.
    It got me thinking...are there any other shows that need to broadcast/rebroadcast in the UK?
    I thought of a few shows such as Pound Puppies which should start rebroadcast.
    Do you have any other opinions of shows that need to air in the UK/again?
    Thank you very much...

2. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

Well not strictly in the same genre, I was a HUGE fan of Grace and Favour (the sequel to Are You Being Served?) which the BBC has never repeated in the UK and is only available on DVD in America (although I think Australia may be getting a DVD soon). No idea why a UK show made by the BBC is not being played or sold in the UK.

3. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I could gush about how we need a new Star Trek series or how the last time I saw Blake's 7 outside of our DVD sets was in the 1990s. But I'm not entirely sure that would fit the topic. I must admit I rarely watch broadcast TV these days. More Red Dwarf never goes amiss :)

Edit: Whoa, talking of B7. I was just doing a few calculations.

The original ended in 1981
    I remember clearly my parents hyping up the repeat of this "great old series we remember" when it came to UK Gold in 1994, at the time as a 12 year old this was "wow ages ago, a year before I was born, wow!" but 13 years isn't that long now. The new Doctor Who has been going for 8, just to put things into perspective.
    If it came back again now, in 2013, it'd be 19 years since it was last broadcast. 19 years. I remember the freshness of it and it was NINETEEN years ago. Gosh, how to feel old!

#3 Cloudane, 18 June 2013
    Last edited: 19 June 2013
    Dax likes this.
  4. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

Actually getting terrestrial (freeview) repeats of Star Trek would be welcome. At the moment all there is Enterprise.

5. Callum Browne

Callum Browne That's totes cray cray!

For me, Total Drama Island was an extreme case here in the UK. First airing on Jetix/Disney XD in 2009-10 with Total Drama Action in 2011. The whole TDI season was broadcast while it was on Jetix but when it was shown again on Disney XD, a couple of eps were missed out like X-treme Torture, presumably because of some explicit content, and Brunch of Disgustingness, where everyone was puking. Presently, The whole, slightly uncensored, season of TDI can be seen again on Kix! Albeit, at some slightly tricky broadcast times. Check out their schedule.

6. Thomas+Ponies

Wait - you LIKED that show?!?!?

7. Callum Browne

Why so surprised? o_O

8. Thomas+Ponies

Barely that many people liked Total Drama because the think it "ruined" Cartoon Network. But if you like it, that's okay.

9. Crest

Crest Brush your teeth, I'll be watching...

I would of loved it if BBC aloud for Phoo Action to become a full series and not just a pilot. It just looked so silly but It just came out too late after the Might Boosh phase.

10. Thomas+Ponies

Aah, good.
    Knowing that BBC still broadcasts Dad's Army, I thought that other classic BBC sitcoms could do repeats, such as The Young Ones or The Goodies (I just saw "The Goodies Rule – O.K.?" and I thought the Puppet Government and the destruction of Chequers were brilliant, you should totally watch it!)
    While not necessarily being a show, I think the Nick Jr. Classics block should be brought back, because it had classic shows that my parents watched as children. I usually like "Old Skool" programming along with present day programming.

11. Callum Browne

Littlest Pet Shop (2012) has started airing on POP! Just wanted to let you know!

Cloudane likes this.
  12. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I didn't expect LPS to come before more ponies, but there you go. One cool show airing here :) I watched it on Youtube+NetflixUS, but will set up a series link and thus vote with ratings/viewings

13. Thomas+Ponies

Good to hear that! But when you say POP, did you mean Tiny POP? Because if you did...(grrrrr)
    I like the idea of what shows have been suggested on my thread currently, such as Grace and Favour, Blake's 7 (I would only possibly like it because it was created by Terry Nation), Star Trek, Total Drama Island, Phoo Action, and Nick Jr. Classics.
    To be honest, there is 1 show that I think should start rebroadcast in the UK (apart from MLP, of course), because, despite being made in Belgium, it was translated into English by Aardman. Do ANY of you remember a series on Nickelodeon named "A Town Called Panic"?
    [​IMG]
    It broadcasted on Nickelodeon from 2005-2007. I'll put up the first 2 parts of the 1st episode:

You might notice how similar it is to those Cravendale commercials. Well, it was made by the same people, only this came beforehand. You might have heard about a movie of it released in 2009, but that hasn't been translated into English. I really think ATCP would be something to start rebroadcast.

14. Callum Browne

Yes! I have watched a few eps of A Town Called Panic back in 2005! There's a DVD out with a movie based on it!

15. Thomas+Ponies

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I'm never expected someone to recognise it, BUT YOU DID CALLUM! YES!
    This show really needs to start rebroadcast.
    Although, if it did, it should broadcast on something like CBBC or CiTV, because it was translated into English by Aardman Animations (the people behind Wallace & Gromit and Flushed Away), while the character Horse was played by Alexander Armstrong (presenter of Pointless and voice of Mr. Smith in The Sarah Jane Adventures), therefore it deserves better than Nickelodeon. You might also recognise the voice of Indian.

#15 Thomas+Ponies, 26 June 2013
    Last edited: 26 June 2013
  16. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

I want to watch a lot of Star Trek again, especially TNG and DS9. I used to enjoy it a lot when I was younger and I still had satellite. Also, I do want to watch the Stargate series and a lot of old British sitcoms I used to watch all the time, especially Dad's Army and Only Fools and Horses.

17. Thomas+Ponies

The thing is, BBC already broadcasts reruns of Dad's Army and OFAH. As mentioned above, it would be good to see The Goodies back on BBC, because of how many people want it back on (to be honest, I think, if it did start rerunning, it would possibly rerun on the CBBC Channel, because quite a few people consider it a kids show rather than an adult sitcom).

18. tellyweb

tellyweb TellyWeb Cartoons

There were a couple of CN and Nick shows that never reached a UK broadcast.
    Out of Jimmy's Head (Spin-off series to the film Re-Animated.) The film did air once on Boomerang, but clearly didn't get good ratings.
    Squirrel Boy
    Making Fiends (TV Spin-off to the Online WebSeries.) This got cancelled after 6 episodes, despite getting good reviews. DAMN YOU SPONGEBOB NETWORK!!

Personally, i'd like to see Disney stop shoving their schedule with sitcoms, and put some of their animated stuff back on air, now that they've closed down Cinemagic, and just have a channel running Movies all day. or shove them on to Disney XD like the other countries do. Same goes for CN and Boomerang, who seem to air just 5-6 shows in the day, and then a 2-hour classic block, and 3 shows on the late-night schedule.

I'm starting to hate this scenario that everyone talks about how great some Nostaglia shows are, but broadcasting companies won't budge an inch to give what we want.

btw, CITV aired an old-skool weekend to celebrate its 30th birthday. Danger Mouse got the highest ratings with the Orient Express episode. Now Fremantle Media is considering a reboot of the show.

19. Thomas+Ponies

Yeah, there's a page on the CiTV weekend.
    But a ReB00TiNG of it?!?!? The original was already good! They should just broadcast reruns of the original show...

20. tellyweb

tellyweb TellyWeb Cartoons

well, they might do that first, just to build up before the new ones (if that happens).

anyway, if anyone wants evidence of this bit of news, there's a few articles about it. http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/mar/13/danger-mouse-reboot http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/...edia-eyes-danger-mouse-reboot/5052837.article