1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Any other shows that you want to see again?

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Thomas+Ponies, 11 June 2013.

1. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

It only had 24 episodes. Definitely a show that deserved more output!

Good news though, I wonder if they'll manage to get everyone together. Needs another appearance of the legendary Richmond :p

2. Callum Browne

Callum Browne That's totes cray cray!

I've just got another idea for a show I'd like to see again on our screens! Sailor Moon!

Only the first two seasons aired in English on Fox Kids (before it was Jetix/Disney XD) then aired for some time on GMTV/ITV.
    It's such a popular anime with such a big following, I can't imagine it being dead forever. Maybe one of those ne'er-do-well channels like Pop or Pop Girl should air it. (To its credit, Pop does have one show I actually like watching: Littlest Pet Shop (2012).)

Otherwise, a new Sailor Moon anime streaming this winter should resurge interest in the franchise.

3. danspy1994

danspy1994 Sparta Pony

I'd love to see Dexter's Lab make a comeback

4. Thomas+Ponies

Thomas+Ponies I'm HowToBasic!

Yeah, it does sound good, it basically an anime version of The Powerpuff Girls.

Some of CN's older shows are on from 21:00-23:00, so Dexter's Lab could be shown then.
    Also, I don't think I would ever be able to see Littlest Pet Shop, because I don't have the POP channel on any of the TVs I've been watching.

5. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I have mentioned Blake's 7 quite a few times now, anyway sadly Gareth Thomas aka Blake has passed away

6. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I'd love to see Captain Bucky O'Hare, Animals of Farthing Wood and Noah's Island get a rerun on CBBC. They made a big part of my childhood and yet they seemed to vanish completely at the end of the 90s.

I liked Dexter's Lab, Cow and Chicken and Powerpuff girls from Cartoon Network too, although I don't have Sky anymore so if CN is showing them I can't watch them. :(

7. tellyweb

tellyweb TellyWeb Cartoons

Sadly, those CN Shows are long gone. There is a reboot of the Powerpuff Girls coming this month.
    Boomerang no longer airs any classics now, aside it's 3 currently hits: Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes. But even they're ruine by the heavy censorship for Boom's 4-7 year old target demographic.

For some reason, nostalgic animation is being neglected more in the UK. And its really hard to look back at these, due to lack of re-runs, DVD releases, or even on streaming services like Netflix.

If it were possible, a new network similar to the old Boomerang would be good, or at least have a few older shows in the mix on Disney XD, CN, Nicktoons, etc.

8. TheDashingJack

TheDashingJack "An excellent UKoE user."

I wanted The Powerpuff Girls back a while ago...

Yeah, I think they should have remained cancelled now.

Thomas+Ponies likes this.
  9. Thomas+Ponies

There is one thing I would like to question about Boomerang UK...

Why is it THAT channel showing Sonic Boom instead of Cartoon Network? It's an original Cartoon Network program, yet over here it isn't shown on said channel. WHY?

10. tellyweb

Its not an official CN show, nor is it produced on worked by them. But still, doesn't explain the decision to air on Boomerang. Probably at the time they either wanted to stick with their own CN shows on that network, and/or the acquired Sonic Boom to gain more views after Boomerang re-branded the same year.

11. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

I haven't seen The Hub Pound Puppies in ages.

12. Thomas+Ponies

Didn't that get cancelled in 2013?

13. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

I wouldn't mind seeing Animaniacs again. Seriously there's like no DVD box sets for that show out here in the UK and it was probably one of the biggest cartoons alongside other Steven Spielberg made cartoons the likes of: Pinky and the Brain, Tiny Toon Adventures and come to mind for me.

Robshi likes this.
  14. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Disney needs to do the same thing with their shows like darkwing duck, gargoyles, gravity falls etc.

15. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Gravity Falls definitely needs some kind of official home media release over here. It's ridiculous.

16. tellyweb

You can find episodes on digital platforms, like iTunes and Amazon, but yeah. Given the fact that the US just completed their collection, there should be European release of the Spielberg cartoons.

My only flaw would be the likelihood that WB could be lazy and release 4 volumes (NOT in multi-disc sets). Some of the current releases vary from either a single disc or a 2-disc set in other countries.

As for Disney, they've started slowly putting classic shows on their DisneyLife service. So far, only DuckTales, Gummi Bears and Winnie the Pooh are available, while the rest of the shows are more modern ones like Kim Possible, American Dragon, Gravity Falls and Star Vs FOE.

17. Silver Swift

Silver Swift New Pony

All the episodes are on iTunes, if that's any help - they do muddle the order up a bit for a few of the season 3 and 4 episodes, but they are all there :)

18. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

The Danger Mouse reboot is brilliant! :p And it's just been renewed for a THIRD series (series two hasn't even aired yet - though they split the first season into so many parts that it feels like it's on series five...)

19. Callum Browne

Callum Browne That's totes cray cray!

Third season of the new Danger Mouse already greenlighted, eh? That situation is similar to how Star vs the Forces of Evil got a third season before the second season even premiered!

20. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl