1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

"Art Gallery II" officially cancelled

Discussion in 'MLP Comic Series Discussion' started by Loganberry, 2 June 2016.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Here's the EQD post.

I'm extremely disappointed by this news, though after such a long wait since its original publication date (Oct 2015) I can't say I'm entirely surprised. The first Art Gallery comic was really nice, with a good amount of artwork that had never been seen anywhere else, and I was looking forward to seeing more. It's particularly hard hit since this was actually advertised as coming out imminently in a couple of print comics last autumn. Admittedly Art is Magic ended up coming out instead, which was welcome in itself, but it's a shame we couldn't have both. :(

2. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

Has there been any word as to why it was cancelled? I'm wondering whether the first one didn't sell very well but I haven't heard that was the case. It's a real shame; I would definitely have bought it.

3. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

If there has, I haven't seen it. So I have no clue whether it was a simple commercial decision or something else, eg problems with the rights to some of the pictures. From memory, I don't think the first one sold amazingly well, but it didn't sell terribly either. I doubt they'd have announced the second one at all if the first one had done that badly.