1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Attending Grand Prix and other Motorsport events

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by moody magpie, 9 October 2013.

1. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

For those who don't really know me, I am a massive fan of F1 and other Motorsports. When I was younger my family would always go to Brands Hatch to things like BTCC or GT sports. I started going to Grand Prix races three years ago when I went to German GP, and then Belgium the following year and back to Germany this year. I plan to go to the Austrian GP next year, which brings up the following: Has anypony else be to Grand Prix or any other Motorsport event what were you memoires and any plans to go to future events?

2. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

I haven't attended any GPs myself, and I don't really plan to, seeing as prices are not cheap...

Being in Northern Ireland, we don't have much in terms of motoracing capacities. We have a number of motorcycle and "suberbike" events on public roads, but that's more a disruption, also 4 wheels are better than 2.

3. Shaunnnnnnnnn

Shaunnnnnnnnn Back from the dead, literally.

Been to the WEC 6 Hours of Silverstone in both 2012 and 2013, both of which we had brony meetups at. Planning on doing that again in 2014 aswell.

Also went to the 24 hours of Le Mans this year, again as a brony meet, though there was only four of us and we met up in Dover. One guy did fly all the way from California though. Was a good experience.

I'm currently working on our plans for a meet at the 24 Hours of Spa next July. It'll be another road trip there, and there are already 12 or so people interested. I'll have more info for that out when the official Blancpain calendar for 2014 has been released though.

4. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

There's the Craigantlet Hillclimb. Plenty of four-wheelers at that!