1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville Before the Tryouts

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Rizae, 2 August 2012.

1. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

“Quiet night,” Heartstoker said, staring into her glass- water, of course. She was rarely a drinker at the best of times, and certainly couldn't afford to do anything to affect her coaching performance with the Ponyville All-Stars tryouts just weeks away. Hopeful ponies would be visiting her in droves during this crucial period for some last minute training, and her mind needed to be sharp, her body steady.
    “Aye,” replied the bartender, pausing briefly from polishing a glass to look around the room. Several ponies sat around the edges, none of them with company. Tonight was one of Ponyville’s frequent party nights, and anypony looking for a good time would be there, not sitting around in a dingy bar. It was no problem for Heartstoker, in fact it was the very reason she was so often seen here at night. These were ponies with things on their mind, and she usually tried to lend an ear and offer advice or encouragement. It was in her nature.
    “I'unno, I should be enjoying it. Won’t get much relaxation for a while.”
    “I know ye, Heartstoker. Yer always on the lookout fer somethin' interestin', or someone.”
    ‘He’s right.’ Heartstoker thought. ‘I need something different’
    She got off her stool, picking up her baseball bat from the table in a well-practiced maneuver, and headed for the door.
    “Later old man, I’ll catch you another ti-” The door opened hard, catching Heartstoker’s head and sending her tumbling backwards. The bat flew from her hoof and into the base of a stack of bottles, sending them crashing to the ground.
    “Ouch,” she groaned, rubbing her nose. “Well that’s different.”

#1 Rizae, 2 August 2012
    Last edited: 11 November 2012
  2. KestrelElk

KestrelElk Mess with Applejack and I'll mess with you ¬_¬

Rumulus had been sitting off to one of the side tables, alone as usual with his glass of Cider and the evening paper, he'd been reading an article about an attack on the opposite side of Equestria. Apparently some plunger wielding Griffons had flew into an unsuspecting town and demanded to know the whereabouts of several items, mainly jewels.

'Ha, plungers, how bizarre' he thought to himself, just as he was turning the page there was a loud crack, then the crash of bottles, out the corner of his eye he saw only a red blur flying from the doorway and out of sight. Lowering his paper he noticed a dark red pony laying on the floor rubbing her muzzle with her hoof, a dazed look on her face, a shadowy figure also stood in the doorway, motionless.

Rumous looked around and noticed nopony was going to help, he stood from his seat, took one sip of cider and made his way to assist the injured mare on the floor.

Rumulus stretched out a hoof, "are you okay Ms? Let me help you up".

3. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

Heartstoker blinked repeatedly as she brought her hoof down from her head. Looking around in a daze, her eyes eventually tried to focus on the door which moments earlier had left her sprawling on the ground.

“What the...”

The door appeared only as a blur, and even though she squinted she was unable to see who or what had caused it to open so violently.

“Hey... who is that?” she continued, before an unfamiliar voice spoke to her left.

“Are you okay Ms? Let me help you up”

Heartstoker turned her head to face this new voice, and saw two green ponies standing beside her, each extending a hoof towards her. She reached towards one of them, and was pulled up to a standing position. Her vision slowly became clearer as the stars cleared from her head, and as she stared at the two images before her, they merged and a pegasus came into clear view.

“Ah, thanks,” she said, before looking at the floor around her. “Wait where’s my-!”
    Heartstoker turned around to face the bar, where the bartender was rising from beneath the counter, presumably after diving for cover to avoid taking a bat to the face.

“Ehehe, sorry old man,” she said in her best apologetic voice, though traces of a smile leaked through.

With that, Heartstoker turned back to the door, and looked once again to see what stood beyond it.

#3 Rizae, 5 August 2012
  4. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

A sudden storm had taken Ponyville by surprise, blowing in from the Everfree by chance between shifts at the Weather Patrol. Chaotic winds threw the door open, revealing a tall dark figure, hunched over through the doorway. Rain poured down onto the sillouette, illuminated through the door by a crack of lightning in the distance. The resounding thunder halted the small tavern to an absolute silence.
    A few moments passed. He took a few slow steps forward into the building, dripping carelessly onto the crimson carpeting before speaking, his deep voice vaguely sorrowful:
    "Why are you all looking at me like that?"
    The mule stamped his hooves casually, shaking a little of the wetness onto more of the plush carpet beneath, then timidly fastened the door back onto its latch.
    "Sorry about the door. The weather outside is terrible..."
    Behind him he dragged a wet mass of thin, curled rubber attached to his torso by string. He seemed unaware of it, or the sopping nuisance it caused nearby patrons. A few more courteous shakes later saw Peppy satisfied, and he settled down mournfully onto a nearby chair out of the way of the other ponies. The dull chatter of the establishment returned almost immediately, the tension melted away after the brief interlude.

5. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

Axlebolt had memorised the route from his apartment to the nearby tavern well - when it was sunny, at least. It was a different story however when out in the middle of a storm though. Having nearly taken a wrong turn down an alleyway, he eventually saw the warming glow of the taverns' lights in the distance. Rushing up towards the door, he folded away his umbrella with his magic and tucked it neatly into one of his jackets' pouches. Being slightly cautious, he raised the doors' latch and gave it a gentle push with his right hoof, before slowly making his way into the main room.

Axle closed the door behind him with his magic, however he misjudged the power he put into the spell which caused the door to slam almost alarmingly shut. This elicited a few stares from around the bar, but Axle merely responded with a cheeky grin.
    Everything seemed as normal at first glance, but he noticed something odd at the bar itself. Where once was a stack of glass bottles was now shards littering a confined area. From there, he saw a mule sitting down on a chair, looking rather drenched, whilst a reddish orange earth pony with a striking yellow mane and tail trotted towards Axle. Wondering just what exactly happened, he cantered to the bar itself, leaning his front hooves on the surface much like he usually did. Glancing left and right for the bartender, his eyes settled on a somewhat shaken but still-capable elderly stallion he recognised as the 'tender.

"Hey man, the usual, if you wouldn't mind." Axle casually stated. The old man nodded and fetched a cold bottle of SAA's soft cider, popping the top off with expertise and placing it in front of Axle, whilst he chucked a few bits on the table.
    "Did I miss anything before I arrived?" Axle enquired, recalling the shards of glass scattered around.
    "Yer most certainly di'hd, Axle. Another reguluh pony called Heartstroker got knocked down by that there door." explained the 'tender, pointing a hoof towards the main entrance that Axlebolt walked through prior.
    "She was carryin' a bat of sorts. That there wen' flyin', smackin' into the stack of bottles." As the 'tender explained, Axle started putting two and two together. "Say, this wouldn't have happened to be the orange coated mare with the yellow mane, would it?" Axle asked, to be greeted with a nod from the barkeep.
    "Huh. I thought she looked a bit worse for wear." Axle claimed, briefly turning his head back towards the door. Turning back, he began to take the first sip of his drink.

Pon4 likes this.
  6. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

Heartstoker remained standing by the doorway, beside the green pony, a look of confusion on her face. She stared at the newcomers who had just wandered into the bar, a mule still dripping wet from the rain, with some strange accessory tied around him, and a pony that seemed to gaze across at her briefly before turning back around to resume the conversation he’d been having with the bartender.

‘What… just happened?’ she thought to herself.
    The sound of rain grew louder, and another white flash lit up the room through the windows. It was clear that whatever storm was outside was growing worse.

“Well, looks like I’m not goin’ anywhere for a while,” she sighed, before looking at the green pegasus who still stood next to her. “So uh, yeah, thanks again, heh. Guess I’m gonna go clean up the mess. Name’s Heartstoker by the way.”
    With that she made her way to the bar, swiftly jumping over the counter as she had done several times before.

“Here old man, I got this.”

“Gah! Dang it Heartstoker, don’t be sneakin’ up on me like that.”

“Heh, you really should be used to this by now,” she smiled.
    From behind the bar, Heartstoker was able to get a better look at the two unfamiliar faces, who sat a distance apart from each other. The mule was sat away from anypony else, a lonely look in his eye. Heartstoker knew that look, she had seen it many times before in this very bar.

‘That’s the look of somepony who needs a friend’ she thought, and made a mental note to go and give him some company once the glass had been cleared up. Turning her attention to the blue pony at the bar itself, one thing struck Heartstoker before anything else.

‘What’s with that hair?’
    He seemed familiar with the place, and was talking with the bartender as if they were old friends. Heartstoker, who also considered herself a “regular” had never seen this particular unicorn before, and though intrigued by both his sudden appearance and his... 'unique' style, she tried not to eavesdrop on their conversation as she collected up the broken glass, her bat now safely tucked away in the bag at her side.

#6 Rizae, 7 August 2012
  7. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

The crack of thunder startled Axlebolt, almost causing him to lose control of his drink. Maintaining his composure, he looked behind him again to see what the weather was doing. As he had guessed, the storm was getting progressively worse. Seems he made a good decision to come out after all. Turning his head back towards the bar, he caught a glance at the pony he was talking about mere moments before. Not wanting to stop and stare, his mind processed enough information to get a rough idea as to what the pony is like, before returning to posture and taking another mouthful of his drink.
    In his mind, he deduced that the particular mare in question was either into sports, or some other activities involving bats that didn't bear worth thinking about. Given how he observed her assisting the 'tender with cleanup, it was safe to say that the latter was out of the question.

Axlebolt pulled out a booklet, the cover of which was white with a red and orange guitar on the front. Inside were details and diagrams, tips and tricks. Nothing like a bit of reading when you have nothing else going on... he hoped. Axle 'tuned' his ears so as to pick up any conversation, whilst still reading his booklet.
    “Gah! Dang it Heartstoker, don’t be sneakin’ up on me like that.” He heard the barkeep' exclaim. Axle shot a quick glance towards the direction of the sound only to see that the red pony had jumped over behind the bar with the keeper. Putting two and two together, he assumed that the pony clearing up the glass was indeed Heartstroker. Churning that information in his mind, he simply raised his head briefly before resuming his reading.
    He could tell he was being watched. Most likely by Heartstroker, but it wasn't a new feeling. Axle had learnt to shrug it off, continuing to read, but then he thought of an idea.

"Hey keeper!" Axle called, prompting the attention of the bartender. "Get Ms. Heartstroker here a cider like mine. On me." chimed Axle, dropping a few bits on the bars' surface, knowing that Heartstroker would've heard the conversation.
    "Oh, and another one for me." as Axle waved his empty bottle in the air.

8. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

Having now collected all the broken glass, Heartstoker looked around behind the bar. As usual, it was what the bartender would have called 'organised chaos'. She'd been back here before a fair few times, whether it was to hang out with the bartender during a particularly empty night or to lend a hoof when things got busy, which tended to happen when the bar was selected as the venue for the many parties that were arranged all across Ponyville. They always said there's no party like those parties.

Heartstoker's ears pricked up as she heard her name mentioned. The blue unicorn had just ordered a drink for her.

“Wow, uh.. thanks pal, but not for me tonight. Ponies coming from all over the place for me to train ‘em up, so I gotta stay sharp, know what I mean? ” At this she took out her bat to emphasise the point, and smiled before returning it to her bag.

“Ya know what,” she continued, now leaning on the counter and looking across the bar to one of the tables, “howsabout you send that cider to him over there?” With that she motioned towards the mule still sitting mournfully at his table, who had made no effort to get a drink of his own.

‘He certainly looks like he could use it’ She thought to herself.

"And by the way buddy, its Heartstoker, Heartstroker was my mother." She winked.

#8 Rizae, 9 August 2012
  9. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

"Wow, uh.. thanks pal, but not for me tonight." Axle heard, selectively blocking out the rest of the sentence. Turning towards Heartstoker, he pushed a bottle to her, making sure she saw the lable - Sweet Apple Acres Soft Cider -Apple, non-alcoholic.
    “Ya know what, howsabout you send that cider to him over there?” - Axle turned towards where she was pointing, and remembered the mule he had seen previously on entering the bar. Briefly analysing him, Axle figured the mule could use a drink, even one like his.

"'Ey Keeps, can ya get me another one? Gonna give it to that mule over there." He piped up, briefly extending his hoof in the direction of the mule whilst fishing out a few more bits from his jacket. With another drink on the counter, he levitated it, complete with a glass, and walked over towards the mule.
    Positioning himself opposite the mule, he set the bottle and glass down, using his magic to pop the lid and pour a glassful's worth of cider into the glass itself. Almost looking like he was going to have the drink, Axle instead pushed the glass towards the mule at the end of the table.
    "You look like you could use a drink. On me... and Heartstoker." Axle motioned towards the mare he had previously been talking to.

10. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

The mule had dumped his keester onto a nearby chair, distinctly shied away from the hustle and bustle of the increasingly-occupied tavern. He wasn't much of a drinker, despite his farm-boy upbringing and father's well-meaning but all together loose ethics on the consumption of moonshine by very underage little Johns; he just appreciated a nice place to sit down, and while he normally enjoyed a little pleasant company, he wasn't sure he was up to it right now.
    "You look like you could use a drink. On me... and Heartstoker."
    Ah, he yelped, mostly inside. He'd been away with the fairies for a minute, it seemed.
    "U-uh, thank you, but I'm not really much of a..."
    His eyes fell to the bottle, and noted the label.
    "Well, I'm not one to look a gift-horse in the mouth, Mister..."
    He was ashamed to say he didn't really know anyone in Ponyville. He guessed this fella was a regular or something, the way he spoke to the pony at the bar. Still, he seemed nice enough.

11. Lantern

Lantern Pony

The main door opened another time this night, in quickly jumping from the storm outside a blue pegasus, still wearing her yellow uniform from her day of work which had just ended. Also she was carrying a small brown rough looking sack hung from her neck. Skytalk quickly shut the door behind her with a soft sigh; she was drenched from the sudden outburst of rain. She turned and looked across the bar seeing the current residents of the building. She quickly shook what moisture was clinging to her to little effect and patted her feet around on the mat before walking any further into the bar.

"Darn Storm, so inconsiderate." she muttered to no one in particular
    She quickly moved to take a window seat, looking about the bar. Some of the faces familiar from around town, but the names weren’t appearing to her. She had proberly only seen them wondering and never actually approached any of them. She stayed sat in her window seat looking between what was going on at first, trying to get her bearings with the unfamiliar building. It was obvious she was impatiently waiting for the storm to clear though before she could move on.

12. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

Heartstoker looked at the bottle of cider, which she could see was non-alcoholic, that now sat on the table in front of her.

‘Well this is fine I guess. And it’s not like I’ll be heading back any time soon in this storm. Time to meet some folks’
    With that thought, she wandered over towards the blue pony who had offered her the drink, and the mule she had made a note to speak with. On the way, she stopped by the door, where the green pony who had helped her up still remained standing, and gave a smile as she spoke to him.

“Hey, care to join.. er.. us?” She motioned towards the table, and then the windows before continuing “Looks like we’ll be a while in this storm”

She carried on towards the table with him, and took a seat next to the blue unicorn, leaning forward on the table slightly towards the group as the green pegasus pulled a seat up next to her. Though the other ponies could not be aware of this, this particular table had been home to a couple of very.. memorable encounters, and Heartstoker took a moment to remember those before nodding and raising her eyes to look at the group that she now sat with.

“So hey,” she began, appearing with the confidence of one who frequently engages in conversation with strangers and placing her drink on the table as she did so “The name’s Heartstoker. This is quite a storm, huh?”

#12 Rizae, 22 August 2012
  13. KestrelElk

Rumulus was stood with his vision transfixed on the corner of the room, not even he knew what he was looking at. His focus was broken when the door swung open and in walked a blue Pegasus, Rumulus stepped aside to avoid the splashes of water and mud flinging from the ponies hooves, as she did her best to remove what she could.
    He gave a hearty chuckle at the young mares comment about the storm.

'Weather must be getting pretty bad out there' he thought to himself, when the pony whom he now knew as 'Heartstoker', walked over and asked if he would like to join them, at this Rumulus gave a smile, a nod, and a rather raspy sounding "yeah" he coughed to clear his throat and stated much clearer "sure thing, sounds great".

They arrived at the table where the mule was seated and other ponies were already taking their seats, Rumulus took a quick glance around the area, grabbed a spare seat from a near by table and sat with the group.

"Yeah pretty crazy weather indeed, don't remember seeing any mention of a scheduled storm either", He said towards Heartstoker and the table.
    "Oh, and the name's Rumulus"

14. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

“Rumulus, got it. Sorry about all the trouble from earlier, I’m not always this clumsy.. heh heh.” Heartstoker smiled. This may not have been entirely true, but everypony else didn’t need to know that.

“So everyp.. uh.. everyone, what brings you out here on such a stormy night?” She noticed the odd.. device.. still tied around the mule’s leg. “Interesting bit of kit you have there”

15. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

A dark brown pony with a large afro entered the bar. He had an apron tied around his waist, a backpack on his back, and was carrying a newspaper over his head. He was able to get in without anypony noticing. He threw the soggy newspaper into a trash can as the door shut behind him. He looked around. The dark danky bar kind of reminded him of the Pool Halls back home. Except there was noone shooting pool, throwing darts, or betting on the basketball game. The air is not thick with smoke, or crowded with ponies. It was just a small quiet bar. He found a booth in the corner of the room, and put his stuff there. He stopped for a minute to look out the window twards the storm outside. He was used to unpredictable weather back home.

The weather ponies on TV, back home always say "The weather is gonna do this, or do that" Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it. He quietly thought to himself. Well... I guess I'll get something to eat while I'm here.

He turned around, and walk up to the front of the bar. He saw a few ponies and a mule, having a conversation, and was able to catch some of it. "Get so-and-so a drink, on me!" "Tender, be sure to get so-and-so, and his friend a drink, on me" "You look like you could use a drink, on me".

Shoot, if they're just giving away drinks, than I want one.

He spotted some folded up paper menus, and picked up one. He sat down on a stool, and began reading

16. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

A well-dressed auburn stallion sat in the middle of this free-drink kerfuffle, also pondering the time it would take for his honorary drink to appear.
    Of course, he was banking on his fame and glory to be already covering the twelve pints of lager and the two cups of Earl Hay he had consumed in the last day and a half he had been inside the tavern. Not all actually ordered by him, mind you, but he was sure nopony would object to sharing the wealth. He, after all, quite openly shared his bits.
    All zero of them.
    He mentally cursed his weakness for fine lyricism, in as perfect verse his mildly-impaired pony brain was managing at this point. He was sure he hadn't been able to rhyme anything with "orange" before, but gave it no thought.
    He had suddenly become acutely aware that he had not been sitting on anything for the past hour, however. He expected gravity was soon afoot.

17. KestrelElk

"Interesting bit of kit you have there" Said Heartstoker to the as yet nameless Mule.

Just as the mule opened his mouth to speak there was a loud crash of thunder heard overhead, with this the door of the bar was flung open by a strong gust of wind

"Hope that's not another bucking mule" Rumulus thought.

Rain poured into the bar at such a speed and with such force the 2 ponies who had gotten up to push the door closed, failed to do so.

"I'll go lend a hoof" said Rumulus to the group,

He stood up from his seat, turned around and headed for the entrance.
    Just as he was about to announce his presence to those trying to subdue the unruly wooden door , it was ripped from his hinges and the to ponies went flying in opposite directions across the floor of the bar, one of them was headed backwards into Rumulus who managed to quickly sprout his wings and jolt a few feet into the air. The would-be missile slid underneath him and careered into the supporting legs of a nearby table.

Rumulus lowered himself to the ground and had a sudden rush of cold blood to the head "Whoa, moved way too fast there" He blinked hard and slow to try and regain his composure. He could a coldness running through his body, it was different to the one that still filled head, this one seemed more... natural, apart from one thing, it was moving from his hooves upwards.
    Finally regaining his vision he saw the icy feeling wasn't from an internal source, but infact the Tavern was slowly filling with a metallic looking liquid,

"this isn't normal rain...this couldn't be from the clouds... could it?"
    Looking out of the window his doubts were confirmed, this silver tinted "water" was indeed falling from the clouds above. He quickly realised the coldness in his chest, how long had he been standing there for? The water was still rising, and fast, moving his gaze from the window and back inside the bar he saw the group he was with, no longer seated, they had taken refuge atop the table that once held their drinks. In his dazed state it took him a second to figure out why they were doing this.

"Oh darn... the water" He said before once again jumping into the air, this time a little slower and a little more aware of his doing so.

Rizae likes this.
  18. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

The loud sound of the bar door flying open, shoked and suprised Romero. He instinctively looked up from his menu to see what was up. He looked over his shoulder and saw two ponies trying to push the door bar shut. Uninterested, looked back at the menu. After wondering whether or not to get the soup or the chessy strings when he noticed that his hooves were wet. He looked down, and noticed the whole place was being flooded with water!

"What kind of crazy...?" Romero managed to say before rushing to the top of the bar table, knocking all kinds of things out of his way.

"My hair! My hair! Is my hair okay?" Romero yelled frantically to nopony in particular. Romero brushed his hooves through his permed mane carefully. His hair was fine. His afro was as big and fluffy as is usually is. Romero then focused on the steadally rising water. Something wasn't quite right about the scene, but he wasn't quite sure what. He mind quickly re-focused elsewhere.

"See? This is what happens when lazy weather pegasi don't do thier job!" Romero said in a loud angry tone. The comment drew a few bad looks from around the bar. Dang it, Romero! he thought to himself. There you go again putting your hoof in your mouth. How is anypony gonna learn to like you, if I can't keep your mouth shut? Romero had the tendency to speak before thinking. Romero stood in shame of what he just said. Then Romero realised something.

He left is backpack on the other side of the bar. He looked up, and sure enough his stuff was lying there on a chair. It was going to be consumed by the still rising water if he didn't act quickly. Should I go for it? he thought. Romero looked at the water, scared. The contents of his backpack where precious to him. Some of the objects would get ruined if they got wet, including his new polaroid camera, and his beloved portable 8-track player. Also, his passport and travel visa where in there, and if THEY got wet he likely wouldn't be able to return home! A look of horror overtook Romero's face.

19. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

Heartstoker was unable to find the right words to describe the situation that was now before her eyes, instead only able to vaguely shout “What!? Why the..” as she climbed onto the table to escape the water that had begun to rush inside. Several ponies, including Rumulus, were making their way towards the door and trying to close it to prevent any further damage. Without hesitation she jumped off the table and began towards the door to assist them, realising too late that the door had already been blown off its hinges and sent flying across the bar.

‘This… isn’t right…’ Upon landing in the water, Heartstoker was hit with a strange sensation. The water, which had an odd metallic sheen, was clearly no ordinary liquid. This really shouldn’t be falling from the sky’. Curiosity took her, and she was drawn to drink some of the water to try and establish just what it was. “AHH! Cold!” She was suddenly aware of a great chill that had spread over her body as she stood in the water and drank it, and knew that standing in it was not a good idea at all. Before she would be able to tackle the problem at hand, she needed a better place to fully analyse the situation.

The closest item of furniture to her was a chair, and she quickly climbed onto it, shivering as she balanced carefully and leaned against the backpack that rested against the back of it.

20. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

Peppy stared across his table, his vision softening focus and his drink increasingly growing flat. He mumbled a thought to himself miserably.
    "I'm wet."