1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Best Pony of Season 9

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Recurrent Trotting, 28 October 2019.

1. Recurrent Trotting

So final ep of final season of G4 just aired :s

Which pony was the best?

1. I think Cosy Glow takes the crown. She was the best villain since Discord in S2 by being relatable, engaging and sinister. It was a great villain arc for her - binding Tirek and Chryssie together. She was also cute, funny and evil in equal measure, rather like Discord himself. Finlly, she was a proper counter to Twi - Friendship is Power vs Friendship is Magic >:3
    2. Starlight is a close runner up. Her relationship with Trix and her sass made her eps so much fun to watch :) It was a joy to see her play her role in the last ep
    3. Twilight Sparkle. This was her send off season and while she didn't shine in the Season's best eps (her role in the finale was muted) she had strong moments in those eps and she had a number of eps to bond with her friends (like Trivial) and to show us her sensitive side (No Return). Also gotta salute Tara Strong in the final season, still keeping the character fresh and likeable.
    So who are your top 3?

2. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

1. Starlight Glimmer. We've seen her evolution from calculating, cunning villain, to desperate reckless villain, then an awkward mini Twilight to finally become a strong side character in her own right. Not only is she a really likable in a sometimes rebellious way, but every time she interacts with her own group of friends, it's just so much fun to see. I feel like basically everyone was on point in Student Counsel, though most of them didn't re-appear for a Horse Shoe In, and although Trixie was entertaining there, it wasn't the best side of her. and if there's one individual who really shone in the finale, it was Starlight.

2. Cozy Glow. I can barely stand that filly, she really gets on my nerves... because she's a great villain! We know that Tirek and Chrissy are evil, but it takes a really effective villain to make a viewer feel like that. Interestingly, I think we saw a different side to her this season, her "mask" slipping off. She actually comes across as quite unhinged, even coming reasonably close to Chrysalis levels of crazy at some points. It was genuinely quite amusing to see the other two thoroughly unimpressed with her attempts at teaching them friendship lessons, though. She's quite a love to hate character for me, but certainly not in a "wishing she wasn't in the show" way.

3. Spike. So he's technically more of an honorary pony, but he had several episodes of being really great, almost in the background. Sparkle's Seven was secretly about him all along, he was the one to keep Twilight from going completely Twilynanas in Point of No Return, he was one of many characters to get some good development in Sweet and Smoky, dealt with the conflict in Dragon Dropped really quite well and would've done an amazing job of arranging Big Mac's proposal to Sugar Belle, if not for the fact the Sugar Belle had been planning a similar thing. Many characters had a good episode or two, but I think Spike was the most consistent of them.

My first two choices were pretty easy, but it took me some time to decide on my third. I feel like the mane six as a group absolutely shone more than anyone throughout the season, but with no real individual standouts (though Twilight and Fluttershy were candidates for number 3). That's probably how it should be, the show is about all of them. The student six were pretty great at different points, but again, that was more as a group, as well. I felt like the CMC didn't have the best season this time round, though. Like I said, many characters had a good episode or two, but didn't really appear often enough to beat those three. Luna, Big Mac, Maud, Trixie, Celestia, Zecora Gabby... even Octavia. I would say Discord, but his plan throughout the season was really badly thought out. I wouldn't say I hold it against him, but he would've looked much better this season if he hadn't done that.

Recurrent Trotting likes this.
  3. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Twilight Sparkle she follows in Celestia and Luna footsteps well and starts a golden age in Equestria.
    In the season we see her face self doubt and over come it. We even see she still has flaws like in a trivial pursuit were her need to win at knowledge activities comes out. But for the most part she learns not to panic and to delegate rather than take everything on herself.

#3 Wonderbolt, 29 October 2019
    Last edited: 29 October 2019
  4. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

5. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

1. Twilight. Obviously. :p

Though I wasn’t at all impressed with her characterisation in one particular episode, I think this season has shown how much she’s grown and how much she’s inspired others. I think she would be a great ruler for Equestria. :)

2. Starlight. There was a time where I didn’t like her, but I’ve come around. :) I think she will do a great job heading up the school, she’s a strong and determined pony. Though someone probably should have told her that if she’s gonna do the “action hero walkaway”, she should probably make sure her opponent really is down. ;)

3. Cozy Glow. I think she’s a great villain. She can be cute and adorable one minute, and a scary ball of rage the next. Her interactions with Tirek and Chryssy were great this season.

6. Streamline

Streamline Well-Known Pony

1. Twilight: She was just so relatable this season. Watching her having to change everything she has ever known for such a long time was tough but very relatable. When you consider Twi's personality of structure, organisation and knowing what is coming next, essentially routine, this made it important for her character to react the right way to this and the importance she showed us all that even if you struggle personally with massive changes like this which are life changing, you can get through it in the end.

2. Chrysalis: By heck she stepped it up big time in that finale. I felt a passion from her that I didn't feel so much from Cosy or Tirek. She was clever, determined and prepared to do whatever it took to win. To be honest it was her who spotted what the mane 6 were doing with their distraction plan first, and she just had this quality about her where she really did own that showdown. The way she spoke, the flirty style lines with Grogar....ahem...Discord before she and the other two took him on, and she even made her own rhythmic song for Starlight. Yea I liked her character this season.

3. Starlight Glimmer: She had some great lines for her dealings with Trixie, her priceless sarcasm face made several appearances, and in that finale, where Chrissy stepped it up with her well versed lines, Glimmer gave it back just as good. She still showed what a powerful force she is in Equestria and made her presecence felt in the endgame. Maybe we saw less Starlight and Twilight interaction since Twi was off with other duties this season but still she does brilliant as head mare and it always felt like something good was going to happen whenever she was invovled in some sort of plot. Been one of my favourite characters since season 5 and still is to the end.

Robshi likes this.
  7. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Honestly I find Twilight has gotten more and more annoying every Season.. She's almost like a nagging mother now.

Either Way Fluttershy for me.

and Cozy Glow was so damn entertaining as a villain as well.

Put me down in the Starlight crew too.