1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Bloody Brilliant Brony Birthday Bash (Bristol)

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Kim, 8 July 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim

Kim Collargogglebirdhorse

[​IMG]

Grey: It has been a little tradition of mine to celebrate the big birthdays with a gathering of - contrary to what may be expected - not friends or family, but fandom. For both my 16th and 18th birthdays I celebrated with my furry friends, but it is the bronies that I roll with nowadays, and it is you lot that are getting invited to my 21st party. Yes. All of you. Invited.

It is requested that you confirm attendance ahead of time by posting in this thread.

INFORMATION

Date: Saturday, 22nd September 2012 (my actual birthday) from 11am onwards
    Location: Meeting at the Starbucks outside Bristol Temple Meads railway station

Plans:

Nothing spectacular really, it's just a typical brony meet, we'll probably wander to The Entertainer and/or Forbidden Planet, may sit in a park if the weather is pleasant, perhaps bowl a little. It'll be just as disorganised as any other Bristol Bronies meet - just with more people - there is some organisation to the chaos however...

From 11am until midday we are meeting at the Starbucks at Temple Quay, just outside Temple Meads Railway Station. This is a little grace period for latecomers to arrive without missing out or getting list. Feel free to sit down and grab drinks while we wait.

From midday we're going around the corner to the Knights Templar, a Wetherspoons gastropub. Here we will be partaking in the daily tradition that is lunch. You are not required to purchase anything, however it would be very nice if you were to join us in our jolly feast. I also ask that you do not bring in external food or drink - that's just rude.

Upon leaving the pub, we wing it. In all likeliness the plan will involve visiting The Entertainer in Cabot Circus, amongst other stores, followed by sunny relaxation in Castle Park. We may pay a visit to Forbidden Planet (who must surely be getting sick of seeing us by now), we may bowl or laser tag. There is no set plan.

The meet officially ends at 9:30pm, however folks are free to leave beforehand.

Sweet and tasty treats
    What kind of party wouldn't come with goodies? Each attendee will get a completely free box of treats totalling over six queen golds! Goodie bags are limited in number however, so in the unlikely event that I run out they will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to those who RSVP'd.

A glorious presents
    You don't need to bring gifts. In the words of Pinkie Pie "No need to bring a gift, being there will be enough!" ... I'll totally accept anything you do bring though. Those goodie bags cost me a ton of money.

FAQ

Q: But Grey! I hardly know you! Why would you invite me to your birthday party?
    A: Because I'm weird and really, so long as you're having a good time, I'm having a good time.

Q: Do I have to bring presents?
    A: Not at all! The meet is my present. Of course, if you absolutely must shower me with gifts, I can't exactly stop you, can I?

Q: How do I ask a question?
    A: Write a statement and add a question mark to the end.

Q: Am I coming?
    A: I don't know, post below if you want to come, ask questions, whatever man!

Q: Do I have to be there at 11am?
    A: Nope, we'll be waiting around for at least an hour for stragglers, giving you a nice window to turn up in if you're running late. If you're going to arrive past midday, drop us a line and we'll try to pick you up along the way.

Q: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen sparrow?
    A: Some 24-26 miles per hour.

Q: Who's coming?
    * Atomic Phoenix
    * AuburnFlourish
    * Badgers
    * bobdat
    * brony_of_red
    * Cavatina
    * Coaldust
    * Crimson Dawn
    * Dan Jones
    * Diamond Dan
    * electrokitty
    * FireSparkle
    * FlakeTwist
    * Gadget3000
    * GraphiteSketch
    * Guilt
    * Half-moon
    * Jess
    * Kamaria
    * Kamaria's at this moment unnamed partner
    * Leon K Fox
    * Otherbutton
    * Ripp_
    * Saethwr
    * Scribble
    * Snow Shot
    * ThunderFlumps
    * WattChimeraHydra
    * Will

2. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

This idea sounds great ^^ If nothing comes up (as unfortunatley it did for the April Meetup) I'll be sure to be there for this!

Though, if this is too personal to ask I apologise but I have a question, how do your family react to you having the birthdays with fandom instead of...well, family?

3. Kim

Not at all! Heck, they helped organise the first two! Alas, being away from home means I'm running this one solo!

4. Octavia-bass

Octavia-bass Active Pony

What a fantastically whacky idea!
    (sorry all, been away finishing off my degree).

5. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

Yesss. Looks like that random week's holiday in September finally payed off.
    I'm coming to this.

Would you like me to furnish you with gifts?

FireSparkle likes this.
  6. FireSparkle

FireSparkle A Deer Friend

Count me in! I love the fact we have a regular Bristol thing on a roll right now! The fact Absentia is going makes my attendance 300% guaranteed :D
    Can I be enrolled for organising? I'm fairly local... or something :p

7. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

Aye. Shall be good to see you there Sparky. *Remembers not to burn hand.

I believe that this shall be my first Bristol Based Brony bunch-up.
    I also finally get to meet the witty Grey.

8. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

We had a discussion of sorts about this in the feedback thread for the most recent Bristol Meetup. Thinking we need Grey's input before we can really settle anything there.

9. Kim

Welcome but by absolutely no means required!

Witty? Really? I prefer "confusing and demented"!

10. Crimson Dawn

Crimson Dawn You keep sending them, il keep knocking them down!

Aye, I will come to this, by then I will have Woona to bring too :3

FireSparkle likes this.
  11. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

True signs of genius.
    I shall see what novel pony gift I can bestow upon you.

12. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

Yay, I'm up for it, fairly certain I'm free then.

If the date and everything confirmed, you may as well submit it to the confirmed events details/discussion and I can add it to the events calendar.

FireSparkle likes this.
  13. FireSparkle

FireSparkle A Deer Friend

woo! MOAR PONEHS COMING

14. Ripp_

Ripp_ Now in Smoky Bacon flavour.

Congratulations you win the prize for the most repeative letter in any acrayron i have seen beating "Pinkie Pony Party Power Hour" By 2.

15. Kim

They totally could have tied by calling it the Pinkie Pie Pony Party Power Period-of-time.

You may as well go for it! The date is unlikely to change, I just like being vague in case things actually do end up changing.

16. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

Added it to the calendar, I'll try and keep it updated if it changes, or you can PM me about it, or you can PM me your google calendar account and I can make you an admin so you can edit it yourself.

17. Kim

I currently have 1x non-brony friend in attendance. I've dragged him to half a dozen furmeets before and he's been to both of the aforementioned parties, so he'll probably be fine.

18. Crimson Dawn

Crimson Dawn You keep sending them, il keep knocking them down!

Lol if not I can get my charisma working again to convince him, like I did with the people I was talking to in the pub :p

Leon K Fox likes this.
  19. Kim

If I do manage to do some goodie bags, I have some rather cool ideas for what to put in them. Tee hee hee...

Please don't indoctrinate my friends into your freaky cult :p

20. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

Looks good. I'll have to see what my plans are, so then I can find a gap in my calendar :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.