1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Bristol Bronies meet - November 10th, 2012 (Season Three Premiere!)

Discussion in 'Proposed Events and Requests' started by Kim, 13 October 2012.

1. Kim

Kim Collargogglebirdhorse

The Bristol Bronies, the UK's most spectacularly Bristol-based brony meet organisation, is holding a My Little Pony season three premiere! Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of the great and powerful Trixie season three!

Say what now?

Season Three of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has been announced to begin on Saturday November 10th with a double-episode feature. The time, although rumoured to be around 3pm GMT, has not yet been confirmed. We plan to hire out a sweet little venue and watch the Crystal Kingdom unfold.

As per all Bristol meets, we are meeting at the Temple Quay Starbucks between 11am and midday. Due to the late start of the episode, we may be procuring food before moving onto the venue.

The venue is Hydra Books on Old Market. This is the same place that the season two finale meet was held back in April, unfortunately some of the more "extravagant" venues queried were unavailable at such short notice. As in April, Hydra has a seated capacity of 35 people. An RSVP list has been started below on a first come, first served basis - be sure to get your name in there. In the circumstance that there are more attendees than there is room, those who have RSVP'd will be given preference.

Either way, I hope you're ready for more
    PONIES.

-----

35 RSVPs (We're all booked out, cap'n!)
    * Grey * Maxey * Leon K Fox * Oleander Hawk * Magpie * NeonPixel * NeonPixel's +1 * Spikey Mikey * Spikey Mikey's +1 * Klom * AuburnFlourish * Doomboy * Ripp_ * Crimson_Dawn * FireSparkle * Snow Shot * electrokitty * WattChimeraHydra * Emerald Archer * petulantcobra * Scribble * Sleazeball * Sleazeball's +1 * Sleazeball's +2 (maybe) * Sleazeball's +3 * Daisy Sprinkles* Woolfie * Woolfie's +1 * Incblueable * Cavatina * Eventorizon * Guilt the Griffin * brony_of_red * GraphiteSketch * IndigoZen

#1 Kim, 13 October 2012
    Last edited: 9 November 2012
  2. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

Eyes glued to the page for updates, food would be appreciated in the meantime!

3. Soarin'Eagle

Soarin'Eagle Bath Bronies All Pro Drink Team

Watches thread intently.

4. Lyraboy

Lyraboy Lyra fanboy

We'll be manning the crow's nest at all time Cap'n Grey! Yarr.

5. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

It's probably about time we started discussing this. I was wondering whether we would simply tag along to the London meet, or have our own thing again. At the Season Finale meet in April, we had 35/105 in Bristol/London respectively, but as the site has grown so much, I suspect a lot more at both locations. I think Hydra Books is a little small to be considered, it was crowded last time and that was just with 35.

If required, I can provide streaming equipment again, everything except a projector.

6. Lyraboy

Lyraboy Lyra fanboy

Also, if it arrives in time and I can make it to the meet, I can bring my Bronycon Blu-ray with the extended interviews.

7. electrokitty

Problem would be playing it. I don't have anything portable that is capable of playing blu-rays. Also, we'd need a shiny HD projector which a lot of places don't have.

If we can make it work, it could be good to watch before/after the episode though.

8. Magpie

Depending on how successful I am, I could work on borrowing a blu ray player off a family friend and bring it up for you guys, however we'd still need to sort the projector

9. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

I could bring a PS3 Slim for playing a blu ray if need be, not so much an HD projector though.

As for the meet itself, you know I'll be down for this. ^^

10. FireSparkle

FireSparkle A Deer Friend

Or... we could just use the digital copy

11. electrokitty

That could work, I'll be getting one of them so I could bring that if I'm also providing the streaming equipment. Digital copies tend to only be DVD-quality though, so if we can obtain an HD projector, it'd be nice to watch it in full glory. Also streaming in HD would be nice.

FireSparkle and Leon K Fox like this.
  12. Magpie

How can you say such a thing FireSparkle - don't your chums deserve the best?

(Don't worry I get the point)

13. NeonPixel

NeonPixel Guest

Digital > hardCopy

FireSparkle likes this.
  14. Magpie

Digital = too mainstream!

15. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

As electrokitty said, don't digital copies provided by film companies tend to be of lower quality than a blu ray?

16. NeonPixel

NeonPixel Guest

I don't see why they should be

17. electrokitty

Because I think they assume people either don't have monitors capable of displaying HD content, or they think everyone has pathetic internet and the download would take too long, IDK. Point is, they all seem to do it. Digital download I got with Iron Sky on blu-ray is only 576p, but I've had ones as low as 320p and 360p before.

18. Saethwr

Saethwr Yes...OC alicorn....hugs?

19. Lyraboy

Lyraboy Lyra fanboy

20. FireSparkle

FireSparkle A Deer Friend

#20 FireSparkle, 15 October 2012
    Last edited: 15 October 2012