1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Brony airsoft meets ....

Discussion in 'Proposed Events and Requests' started by Max Apogee, 15 May 2013.

1. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Five gold and a party!!

So, myself and Silvarrn have been discussing trying to get a brony airsofting group together and I thought I'd drop a quick message to see if there was any interest and to see if anyone had any ideas.

Silv has found a site near Crystal Palace in East London which looks quite promising, prices would be between £20 and £40 depending on whether you have your own equipment, and is only a short distance from the nearest tube station.

If anyone else has any other suggestions for other more suitable/cheaper/easier to get to sites we'd gladly listen to them. Ideally we'd be looking at somewhere in London (preferably on the tube map) as that's going to make travel there much easier.

Personally, I've never actually done airsofting before, but it's always been something I've wanted to have a go at (I used to be really good at laser tag (I have a trophy and everything) and this can't be that different ;)) and it would be awesome if we could make it a semi-regular brony thing.

2. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

It hurts, lots. I ain't gonna deny that

So this is something I've been considering for a while, of course the only major downside is the cost, so if this was done chances are it'd be once every two months or something like that. Not enough to get the full UK membership, so if you want the good looking guns, pay for the painting or find a site nearer to you and get it*

If you've not airsofted before, rent the kit, the £20 really isn't that much when you decide you're gonna buy your own gun.

*Membership is 3 games completed over a period of two months, and that'll last for one year.

On the note of other sites, we've looked at Bunker 51, they're owned by Wolf armories (It's £60 for walk on rentals, and they're one of the most expensive resellers of Airsoft you can find)

3. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

This looks like fun, had a gander at the site and it looks pretty neat. Tempted, but I'll need to go into the garage and get all of my airsoft stuff out again and find out what works and what doesn't.
    All of my stuff was bought pre the 2007 legislation - will I need to get it painted or?

4. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

No, once you own it you own it AFAIK. I will check up for you.
    +++
    Right, the law only applies to the purchase of the rifles. So no, you don't need a UKARA to keep the BB Guns you have. If a site does ask, don't lie to them through would be my advice.

5. Josh

Josh Honorary Pony

I'd be up for this. Never airsofted before (didn't even know what it was up to now), but it looks cool.

6. Babbage

Babbage Square + Circle Is Life

I too have never airsofted but it sounds like fun so I'd be up for it.

7. Java

Java Coffee pony. Former UKofE Admin.

See you there :3

8. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

I'll be up doing this, I may have to keep my eye on the date you guys decide due to the distance - but i'll keep my eye on this thread for updates.
    I was also speaking to Silvy earlier about other locations and there seems a possibility for an airsoft meet in Bristol. Though nothing is set in stone yet, it should offer us an additional arena to choose from/another meet that could be organised.

Silvarrn you owe me a hug.
    You cover the river Teasle, and I'll take to the air. :p

9. Jack Dodson

Jack Dodson Well-Known Pony

Now this seems like a cool idea, i love paintball and this isn't much diffrence
    plus i need to know what its like before i face my american friend in an airsoft match haha

if i have the money sign me up :D

10. Jupitris

Jupitris Habitual Pony

Did have a Brony airsoft group before. Albeit for us Midlanders. We could come down and have a jolly good war.

11. Captain Fezz

Captain Fezz The Captain's on deck!

I'd be so in, never done airsoft before but hey anyexcuse to shoot things

12. Jupitris

Jupitris Habitual Pony

And what a better thing to shoot eh, we can all releave some of those tensions through sport.
    I'm just glad that, like in all things, mine is the most powerful.

13. BRJ

BRJ The King benieth the Dome

I'm in, if we get this idea rolling.

It's great fun fella, played a hell of a lot during my Uni years. Also, the chance to meet the famous Fezz... :D

14. Captain Fezz

Ah I feel a might flattered, not sure famous is the right word mind... How bad've an idea is it to show up to airsoft drunk?

15. BRJ

Better to get hammered afterwards - going in drunk tends to make you a target. :D

16. Captain Fezz

Sounds fantastic, yup if this gets goin I'm sold : D

17. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

They won't let you play as well if you're drunk :/

18. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

As much as I'd love to, I need to put my resources towards summer, so I don't think I'll be able to do it, but maybe in the future.

I used to airsoft a lot at uni, but then I gave up because I needed to focus on my studies.

I'd happily get back into it if there were regular brony shootouts, although I do need to upgrade my weaponry to something that takes standard magazines, since my existing P90 uses one of those long magazines that doesn't fit most magazine pouches.

19. Captain Fezz

Not if I'm apparently drnk *sneaksy seaksy*

20. BRJ

[​IMG]

No drunk play? I guess it isn't a Uni team then... :D

But yeah, you'll have much more fun if we drink AFTER. And less bruises the morning after...