1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

BronyScot 2014 - Feedback Thread!

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by anthony rothstein, 12 October 2014.

1. anthony rothstein

Thank you all for making it to BronyScot 2014, it's been a complete pleasure. Everything went very smoothly, our volunteer team truly out did themselves. Big thank you to all our guests, volunteers, the Hilton staff and everyone!

We're proud to say the attendance was around 175 total.
    We raised £767 in our charity auction, the proceeds going to Scottish Autism.

Our lovely camera man is currently going through the footage and will be releasing a video in the next couple of weeks.
    Can't wait to see all the pictures and videos, make sure to post them here.
    We want to hear your stories, suggestions, best experiences, post them all here!

Cya all at BronyScot 2015!

#1 anthony rothstein, 12 October 2014
    Last edited: 20 October 2014
  2. Sunsetstreamer

Sunsetstreamer Honorary Pony

Three words.
    It. Was. Awesome!!!
    Everyone did such a great job and I loved every minute of it. The fellow staff members were great, everyone who came were great, the guests were great. Everything was great.

Also I finally got to meet @mattyhex, @Corduroy Road, @GeodesicDragon, @8_Bit, @Riorus... To name a few. There were loads more however if I listed everyone this list would go on for ages.

I can assure you that pictures (and possibly an odd video clip) will come shortly once I've edited them all.

3. Tekki (Ross Money)

Tekki (Ross Money) Recognised Pony

I had so much fun setting up, every bit was enjoyable!

Was lovely to meet all the volunteers, as sunset said, everyone was lovely and I felt that things ran smoothly and the atmosphere at rock Nessie was great!

Hoped you all loved Nessie too and can't wait to see the footage!

Typerpony likes this.
  4. glitter frost

glitter frost Active Pony

Hi guys kez aka glitterfrost here thanks for everything I sold all my stuff and made great new friends I was Gona ask if anyone has pictures or videos of me to send them to me I'm the girl with the pillows thanks loadz of brony live hugs and kisses kez

Typerpony, BunnyPony and fiyahsparkle like this.
  5. Keyphob

Keyphob The Scot of Everfree

BronyScot was easily one of the best days of my life!

A massive thankyou to all those who attended and made this possible!

6. WeejBoy

WeejBoy Well-Known Pony

It was epic to attend, here's to 2015 and attending that :)

Typerpony and Recurrent Trotting like this.
  7. SocialDraft

absolutely amazing wee con, loved how much more intimate it was. My only concern was regarding the volume of the panels I couldn't really hear them to be honest but it was the first ever con and a little slip up here and there is to be expected but other than that well done guys, twas a blast.

#7 SocialDraft, 12 October 2014
    Last edited: 13 October 2014
    Typerpony likes this.
  8. SoMuchDerpy

SoMuchDerpy New Pony

What a fantastic day and evening, the only down side was leaving at the end! So many epic people in one place and i'm still going through my videos :D
    Here is part 1 of the Aphylliate set

Incoming pictures....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i'll upload the videos during the week when i get free time after work :) Hope to all see you at the next one!

9. kawaiidesudesudesu

kawaiidesudesudesu Active Pony

Hey guys.

Aurapandora here Thank so much for hosting this. It has gave me such a confidence boost over my artwork.

I got to meet so many fanastic people and if there is a BronyScot 2015 count me in.

If you ever need someone to doodle you guys stuff let me know! I want to help out as much as possible.

10. Craig A

Craig A New Pony

Hi folks am Craig from Arbroath, I really enjoyed myself there and the artists panel and voice over was superb as was the tumbler panel all tho I was just far to shy to ask a question and having genuine stage fright did not help me much either when I did the cosplay masquerade I still had a superb time at my first ever brony convention :D

Typerpony and SoMuchDerpy like this.
  11. justanotherpony

was my first one, tho i find it hard to socialize cos shyness did enjoy myself and hope to go again.

all the artwork, costumes, music and everything else was awesome, so much pony :p

12. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

Really enjoyed myself. There were a good range of interesting and talented guests (shame I couldn't always hear them from the back!) and it was good to meet and party with even more bronies! The sound quality was the biggest problem; I'm not sure how much of it was due to technical issues, but I don't think having the CCG tournament in the same room helped, and there was a bit of a problem with noise coming from the vendor hall. I think it was significant that at Rock Nessie I could hear the performers a lot better, so I think noise reduction might have helped in that regard. Overall, I'd say BronyScot 2014 was a big success, and I'll hopefully be back next year, if there's something to go to!

Typerpony likes this.
  13. SomeIdiot

SomeIdiot Honorary Pony

Hey guys, Flynny here (the guy dressed as the 11th Doctor).

Just want to say thanks to everyone who attended and played a part in making the Convention a success. It was my first time hosting an event of this scale so was a bit out of my comfort zone at times, but it's great to hear people really enjoyed the convention. Proud that we raised so much for Scottish Autism - they are a great cause - hopefully see you next year!

14. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

I can't seem to recollect my thoughts on what I wanted to say about BronyScot but in a nutshell it was fantastic. Let's see what I can list off.

Score one point for the organisation and setup of the hotel space to give us room to breathe and take in the vendor rooms and panel. In spite of making this a one-day con, it felt a bit right before the staff responsible could open doors for a two-day con next year (fingers firmly crossed). One point for the Hilton prestige of free bottled water in the panel hall. Have another point of an intimate atmosphere for meeting people. I believe I had more time to pal around the others not like what I could do at BUCK.

One point for the terrific staff team for keeping the events going, never mind the short delay in some events that were starting. Had to say that the panel shows had to require us sitting directly near the front to hear them better. A point for giving the opportunity to meet you people. I won't name everybody but to those who have met me through the day, thanks for making me feel welcome to BronyScot as I made you feel happy throughout. Add an extra point to those who stuck it out at the post-con partying, for sure. :)

It would be super to give the northern geography another successful con such as this to give others a part of the experience. I'm sure it should happen but til then, see you another year.

Typerpony, Keyphob and Sunsetstreamer like this.
  15. mattyhex

mattyhex Fwuffy Cheetah

Firstly, a big thanks to everyone involved in making it happen! And managing to keep things going (and not having the schedule slip too much).

Secondly, thanks to everyone who I talked to. I'm not the best in large social gatherings so getting to know people can be a challenge. (Also success on finding the four people I was hoping to: @Sunsetstreamer @Nekrosangelo @Cendaquenta and @Corduroy Road - and making friends with @Keyphob as well. Bonus!)

Thirdly, everything was more-or-less perfect! Free water was a very welcome surprise. (My only minor criticism being the speaker setup, but for a first time con that's more than acceptable.)

Finally, I'll more than likely be back next time!

16. BunnyPony

BunnyPony Recognised Pony

Hi! I have a picture of you & Smartypants that you may want! ......but I have NO IDEA how to send it. :confused:
    Best wishes, Brian. ('Princess' Big Mac)

:eek:Hey! I've been obscured on stage by a mini Applejack!

#16 BunnyPony, 12 October 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: 13 October 2014
    Typerpony and SoMuchDerpy like this.
  17. SoMuchDerpy

SoMuchDerpy New Pony

i really should have taken more pictures but i was saving the phone battery for Rock Nessie :p I do have one or two random pictures from the Con but it's mostly video footage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and everything i came home with :3

[​IMG]

Typerpony and kawaiidesudesudesu like this.
  18. Spyro7heDragon

Spyro7heDragon Habitual Pony

BronyScot was fun fun fun! Thanks to the staff, guests, atendees and everyone else who made it the convention it was. I was the one with the cards against humanity and the light-up shirt by the way.

19. SketchyPone

SketchyPone Habitual Pony

Sounds like you all had a good day <3 thanks to all who bought something from the Scottish Bronies table, the support is very much appreciated! I also hope you all enjoy the little comic in the con book.
    Sad I couldn't be there, but I'm glad I managed to help the convention out in it's first year!

20. fiyahsparkle

fiyahsparkle Plushie Army Commander

Well guys, I just got back home from what was the one of the best pony related events I've had the pleasure of going to. Big props to all the staff at BronyScot for running an amazing event and despite there being some small problems and issues overall they didn't take away from the amount of fun that was had.

Using a format we often use for insomnia lans I am going to do a "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" I've included a few pictures where appropriate and erm... safe.

The Good
    • The venue was really good, I was impressed with the layout of the panel hall it looked really good.
    • The vendors sold some really really really good stuff, even if I was able to stop myself spending too much money I hope they did well out of the event.
    • As mentioned the con staff were really nice to chat to and awesome people.
    • The cosplay competition was amazing, some really nice work put in!
    • The MLP CCG tourny was well run with good prizes for all and a really nice length that didn't take up the whole of the con.
    • Rock Nessie: Music + Drinking + Ponies = Swag ^-^ more please! :)
    • Location, it may not seem important but all the accommodations options were great and all only a short walk.
    • Cards against Humanity (Pony version) best combo of the weekend by @Spear (Friendship. Magic. DING! Thanks a sin)
    • Meeting all the old faces @Nekrosangelo @Riorus @Boring Ugly Pink Earth Pony @Sweet Tale @8_Bit @Aphylliate and meeting a few new ones @Spear. You made the weekend guys <3
    • Flights and transport links were really good and no unexpected delays or problems.
    • Edinburgh really is a lovely city that we got to have a good look round on Sunday.
    • The charity auction where I managed to buy art I could not take on my flight home and Owen managed to buy four tickets of which since none of us are under 15 we could only use two of :D RESULT WELL PLAY GUYS!
    • Between Zecroa, Raverity, Sweetie Bot and Future Twilight we had the best plushie award on lockdown for sure.
    • This picture of Sweetie Bot planning to take over Edinburgh
    The bad
    • The sound at the panels could of been a lot better for some of them, really struggled to hear some of the talks.
    • That also goes for some of the acts during Rock Nessie, some of them had some serious sound issues in that I could not hear it at all or the quality of the sound was pretty bad.
    • The con only being one day long :(
    • The delays in getting rock Nessie started means that we didn't have a lot of time for it in the end, it felt a little short.
    The Ugly
    • Cards against humanity, we are bad ponies. I would give examples but then I would be able to answer the card "I got banned from ukofequestria. How you ask?"
    • @Riorus the morning after.
    • @GeodesicDragon winning the huge Twilight plush, some things can not be unseen.
    Overall a really amazing experience with the only issues being sound problems and the fact it needed to be longer!!!!! I hope next year it can be done as the original two day event but whatever happens I will be there next year for sure once again! I would recommend it to anyone I meet in the fandom. 10/10. Would buy again. A++++.

fiyahsparkle!

#20 fiyahsparkle, 13 October 2014
    Last edited: 13 October 2014