1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Chat BronyScot 2016 - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'BronyScot Convention Discussion' started by Eunos the Fool, 21 November 2016.

1. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

Ah so you was the Discord bidder :p

I join the feedback line and for my first Bronyscot I really did enjoyed it. Enjoyed the panels and liked the venue as it was pretty close to the city center and had shops and cash points near by.

The charity auction was good and saw some mad bidding which was all going to a good cause. I mange to walk away with a Nessie plushie and Nessie arework :cool:

2. MCtoastie

MCtoastie Element of Elements

You did good bud and thanks :) you treated me like anypony else, which is all I ask, no patronising so all was good :p
    Yeah was nice to meet you too and I'm sure if another BronyScot happens we'll bump into- each other again, I'm not exactly hard to miss :p

Cloudane, Keyphob and BunnyPony like this.
  3. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Keyphob, CrikeyoRilley and MCtoastie like this.
  4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Some things I forgot to mention:

I was happy to win my first auction item too with the Fiendship is Magic comic. I will say that you guys should probably allow more time for the charity auction next year since it has overrun its slot both times.

I enjoyed meeting up with some of you guys, and I had a lot of fun chatting with @BunnyPony as well as finally having a Cumbrian meet up of sorts. It was also nice to see @I'dLikeToBeATree again too.

My bank card doesn't know what has hit it this weekend. I've bought a huge pile of pony comics and trading cards along with a new wallet and a few prints. I even had to buy one set of postcard prints twice as I managed to lose them in my con book. I do wonder where that con book ended up though, I have a feeling the official merchant stand owner will get a surprise when they notice that a conbook left there had prints inside. :p

5. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

I did not know there was a BronyScot. But thanks for hosting it.

6. Ursa

Ursa A Bear in pony suit >.>

This was my first Ponycon (though not my first ever con) and I loved it and Rock Nessie was amazing. It was well thought out and executed hats off to all involved in getting it up and running this year. I would honestly would go again especially if in Glasgow again. Getting to and from the place was a doddle.
    Found pretty much all the workshops that attended informative and in the case of the writers and sculptures workshops very very helpful (please pass on to them the high praise).
    I certainly hope the con carries on next year and many many more as I will be attending for sure.

Seeing you In the suit at the the con was awesome for sure but seeing you on the dance floor and stage at Nessie was even better. You must have Been sweltering by the end. I admit I have one of your feathers and is now a addition to my lucky cap thank you :3
    Well done and thank you for adding to an already amazing experience. Also have to give credit to the other two suiters at the con Dr whooves and Spitfire.

#26 Ursa, 23 November 2016
    Last edited: 23 November 2016
    MCtoastie, Keyphob and ponePete like this.
  7. Stormblaze

Stormblaze Purple song pone

i'll be writing up my own post con report on my DA page later, but right now im at work and Denz and I caught colds. We've both been coughing non stop since we got home. this was due to con exposure as usual but with prolonged exposure to the Scottish Winter on the Sunday. we went for an explore and it was much colder than thought, which is also why we did not appear at Rock Nessie. We got too cold during the day and were happier to stay in bed in the warm watching TV.

Same with my no show at karaoke, which im still gutted by v.v my throat just hurt too much by the time we started packing up the table.
    My DA page is here: http://stormblaze-pegasus.deviantart.com/ Check later today for my write up.

son of a...... youre the one who outbid me on the only piece of Soarin related stuff in the auction!!! *shakes fist*

#27 Stormblaze, 23 November 2016
  8. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

B. B. Butt Eile Monty swag. I only mangaged to win this auction. What was the Soarin one?

Edit* Ive just turned the one with the drawing signature on and that looks like human Soarin... but come on no hoofs :). Honestly I was disappointed it only went for £40, thats some exclusive stuff from her.

[​IMG]

Am I the Pony you were looking for? (Probably)

#28 CrikeyoRilley, 23 November 2016
  9. HypnoHooves

HypnoHooves Habitual Pony

Keyphob, Stormblaze and MCtoastie like this.
  10. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

11. Shaunnnnnnnnn

Shaunnnnnnnnn Back from the dead, literally.

12. Reverb Skyriff

Reverb Skyriff Grumpy Pone!

13. Ialyrn Aeloria

Ialyrn Aeloria The Unknown Entity

This time last week I was getting ready to make the drive to Scotland, oh how time flys. I still wish I was in last weekend!

14. Reverb Skyriff

I know what you mean, sitting here at work and missing everypony :<

Keyphob and Ialyrn Aeloria like this.
  15. Ialyrn Aeloria

Ialyrn Aeloria The Unknown Entity

That reminds me, I have an awesome pic of you in your Fursuit:

[​IMG]

Robshi, Jaster, Keyphob and 3 others like this.
  16. Reverb Skyriff

Wow, that is an awesome shot! It even has a confused looking Logi pone in the background X3

17. Jaster

Jaster Pony

Ahhh here the feedbacks go! :D

Alright, it was my first BronyScot, too. Actually after two years oh hosting Brony events and conventions it was my first time beeing at a Brony convention as an attendee. And it was great! I loved the overall atmosphere and the parts the convention was 'split' in. Beginning with the pub premeet on friday: it was great. Yeah I didn't get anything of the free food but hell I don't care!
    Though we had our small 'german corner' (which we continued to have during the entire convention in different occasions, somehow) I....we....had a lot of contact to other bronies and it was just.....right! it was how it's supposed to be. Familiar. Friendly. Funny. Ponies. Yeah I know ponies isn't an adjective.

Saturday was full of fun. Maybe a little bit to full of fun. There was so much going on at the same time and for the entiiiiiire day. You guys should really think about making it an 2-days event. (though I know it's not just 'oh we just make it a day longer!' but more like 'ohmygodwehavetopaythevenueforanotherdayholysunbutt').
    I missed one or two things because other things were going on at the same time. But you can't avoid that. It was a full timetable, but not overflowing.
    Also I enjoyed the programm itself. There was something to experience for everyone. I bought like half the total posters. Because vendors.

Aaaand Sunday. First I had a formidable breakf......brun.....early afternoon eating stuff thingy with the other guys from germany. Afterwards we went on through the city and had a great time at the Blackfriars Bar/Pub. Veeeery recommendable.
    And then Rock Nessie. It was small. It was cozy. It was loud. It was amazing. You guys know how to throw a party. Can I rent you for my birthday party? Oh wait...probably BronyScot will be around my birthday again.

Yep, for me, BronyScot was like...the replacement for my 26th birthday party. And I do not regret it.
    I don't know if I will come again next year...because I really like to celebrate my birthday. But if it somehow fits in my timetable I will sure be there. I'd love to. Thank you @Moontune, @anthony rothstein, @Silver Broom and all the others working at BronyScot. You did an amazing job and I've had the best time of this year. Thank you all so much.

Also thank you for permitting us to 'capture' the free table on saturday evening and letting us hang our flag on sunday xP
    I know. We're...special. Crazy germans always raising their flag in every country they travel to.

Here're some impressions from the crew and me. More can be found on twitter @JasterFox90, @bronyradioger and @bronyfair

(Attention, image dump!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Librase

Librase Provider of hugs

*blows dust off forum account*
    This was a really great BronyScot. There weren't many issues and fun was had by all! Wait, is fun allowed at this con? Merriment, then. Good range of activities and there was something for everyone. There seemed to be a lot more people this year, so the move to a bigger venue was a good one. Didn't go to the premeet (had dinner with friends instead) so can't comment on that.

Still can't believe I won things in the charity auction (the Scotiacon print and dog, and later the signed Rock Nessie shirt). Like the rest of you, I have the post-con blues and a touch of the con crud but it was worth it!
    The bagpiping was great! I hope we get to hear more of it next year.
    And indeed you do! One day I will send you a picture of your art on my wall. Nice to see a friendly face and fellow Carlisle brony.
    More con can only be a good thing. That said, I felt sick on Sunday so I spent a lot of it sleeping. Speaking of which, quite a few people approached me at Rock Nessie and asked if I was okay; it wasn't that I wasn't having fun, I was just feeling under the weather and having back pains. Spinal rods can be annoying.
    I wondered where those were coming from! That was a very impressive fursuit, and even more impressive was the amount of dancing you managed to do in it.
    Thanks for letting me sit in your German corner for part of Rock Nessie! As I mentioned, back pains were creeping in.

19. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Ooh, so it's been your birthday too? I just turned 29 today, so BronyScot has effectively been a big birthday party for me too. Pinkie would be proud.

Wait a second, you've mean I've been trying to work out a meet with all the Barrow bronies and there's been another Carlisle brony under my nose this whole time!? :eek:

Keyphob likes this.
  20. Librase

Librase Provider of hugs

Oops, I'm afraid I don't visit these forums so much any more. Wait, you're another Cumbrian brony? Maybe we should try another meetup! The last Cumbrian meetup I was on consisted of three people.