1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Chat BronyScot 2016 - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'BronyScot Convention Discussion' started by Eunos the Fool, 21 November 2016.

1. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Yup. I'm a close friend of Cordy's. It would be nice to arrange a Cumbrian meet up sometime. Hopefully we can get more than three of us together this time. :)

2. Jaster

Jaster Pony

There's no need for thanking us! It's a free corner. Everypony's welcome in little Germany! :D

Happy birthday, then! =D
    It was my birthday on 14th of November so it was like a biiiiiig (belated) party for me xD

3. Stormblaze

Stormblaze Purple song pone

this is more feedback with the vendor and artist side of things, since Denz and I were discussing it yesterday after watching Frizzy's vlogs.

Do you guys have staff dedicated to the vendor side of things? Apart from Silver Broom being freaking epic help to us, we were a table short at the set up and I think someone miscounted before I came over to ask where my table was x.x plus during and just after set up we couldnt find any staff members just to ask where we could have got some water. Denz asked a volunteer at the reg table but he didnt know where water was accessible or where the main staff had gone, so I had to send Denz out to waitrose to get supplies to keep us alive (its very tiring work doing those tables all day, especially the first rush). It was fine once the bar next to us opened.

The other thing I have to point out is a mix of the site and just updating on things when it comes to the vendor hall and listing the vendors. The other cons have been good at this and I hope you guys can spare time to include it.
    An updated list showcasing the vendors. In the con book, on your site and forum/facebook posts.
    What I mean is list the vendors properly with examples or links to their sites so that attendees know what to expect there. You cant really just get away with saying "artist" because everyones an artist and it doesnt really tell you whats on offer, like some could be doing just commissions all day, some could have tshirts or other printed things as well etc etc. Plus if you dont really know the name of the artist, you can at least look at their art style and find them that way. Its just very helpful to the artist selling and the attendee buying or looking for their fave ponies in new art styles.
    I just thought id mention that as I think its a little odd you didnt ask for Deviantart details or much during the sign ups.
    I must add that I was thrilled with the amount of space we were given too. No one seemed crowded by their stall or stalls around them and there was no "traffic" between tables either which is a bonus.

One minor comment from Denz, he found it difficult to find the main staff members, even though you guys were wearing staff shirts, its hard to spot you in the crowd and I think a few of you were in some costume too, plus whne you dont know what people look like, it makes it more difficult ^^; So maybe have bright coloured noticeable lanyards with staff printed on them? I recommend the bright pink ones (ebay) they really do stand out, ive used them before at my own events.

HypnoHooves and Ialyrn Aeloria like this.
  4. Starfooty

Starfooty Well-Known Pony

So... It's time for reporting from my home.

I began Friday in coldness of F.William. When central Highlands conviced me again there is no way for spending time there, I simply continue south. With pause in whisky distillery i came to Glasgow. After finishing with accomodation I went to Culers. The saloon with CCG was already overcrowded. So I stayed in the larger saloon and took the dinner. In meantime it also started filling with bronies there. I occasionally made a walk around. In one of these walk I registered the plushies-mascots photo session. So I add Libussa; girl also needs a bit of fun. I also met and greet with Eileen, Moontune and lots of others - known to me or not.

Next day was the main event. With a few problems with taking Luna I arrived to opening ceremony. Inside I greet next known faces. Next was pony debate - that flamewar was really formidable. With lot of walking between ATM, vendor hall and "storage" I fill my car with some stuff and take a lunch. Next I attend the sculpturing workshop, partially for some hints about modeling from Manic Sculptor, but mainly for necessary repairments of Luna. From cosplays i saw only the results. Next time was pause for bringing the energy for evening, still it wasn't enough. The call with M.A.L. was case of fun for itself. Only thing that I regret is due technical problems you cannot show him the hall live. The last thing that I attend was Voice acting panel. The changing of voices and tuning the story was instant fun. After goodbyes I left.

In sunday I have a trip to Edinburgh. It fills me the midday. In the evening I return to Glasgow. There, like the last year in Edinburgh, was start of christmas madness. I found the shop with anime stuff, which also contains ponies and I buy two plushies there. Ironically it was really near Rock Nessie, but they close at 1800, a whole hour before doors. Rock Nessie itself was really awesome, but... Still my experiences with festivals say the slower artists is for the ending. The sets and the auction of roll-ups was awesome, that unplanned duet adds that frosting. I have an idea for next year - why every attendee of RN cannot sign on back of roll-up and artists on front? It could be possible immediately after the doors.

When you asks why am I not attend more, then you must count with that I was on roadtrip already more than week and it was the middle of November. My car is still in good shape, although some repairments will be necessary. The bottles of Kofola was exchanged with Irn-bru. And aside coldness I have better time in Scotland than in Czech Republic because immediately after return i catch a flu. "Illness-con" anyone else? Or Depression-con ("depcon")?

Keyphob, Rubyhoof and CrikeyoRilley like this.
  5. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

A bit late I know, but thoroughly enjoyed my third BronyScot! ^_^ as always there was a great atmosphere, everyone was really nice and friendly and there were some great panels/events on as well as swag to check out! Some of my highlights:

- The Pony Debate panel was something new and interesting, really enjoyed that! Especially representing Fluttershy in the mane 6 debate...even if I somehow accidentally compared Mexicans to animals (umm, long story XD)

- It was great to hang out with @Robshi again and seeing various other forum people! (sorry I'm bad at matching usernames to people! even if we didn't get to hang out or talk much it's still really nice to see familiar faces at these things :D)

- As always loved seeing some amazing cosplays and being part of the cosplay parade as Sonata Dusk! Especially @Storm winning one of the categories as PONY RICK!! XD

- M A Larson was great again, one of my favourite parts being the guy who asked if Rainbow Dash was a lesbian and he responded "they all are" XD headcanon accepted!! this is in line with my shipping preferences >:3 A shame to hear about the ~creative differences~ between him and Hasbro as he's written so many of my fave eps, but seems like a thoroughly lovely dude anyway! (He also said I looked fabulous!! even if he couldn't answer my question about MLP/Gravity Falls crossover potential as he's apparently never actually seen GF despite writing an episode. Oh well~ )

- So much amazing swag! Somehow managed not to lose ALL my money, but was also great meeting and chatting to some of the dealers - special shout out to the guy who gave me a free poster (of Pokemon Trainer Fluttershy) because he liked my cosplay!! whoever you are dude, you were awesome (and I still want to see your Peridot cosplay sometime!) <3

- Karaoke was so much fun!! Didn't seem like there was that many of us at first, probably due to clashing with the pub quiz? so sorry if I hogged the mic a bit, being a siren and all XD But yeah it's generally one of my favourite things at any con so I was excited to see it this year and it didn't disappoint - thanks to the various people I sung with lol, you were all great, hopefully I wasn't too terrible/annoying ^.^;;

- and of course Rock Nessie! Really enjoyed the lineup this year, tbh I hadn't really heard of most of the lineup before, but it felt like there was a good mix of genres, from more acoustic stuff to dance and rap, so there was something for everyone which is nice. Highlights for me were definitely EileMonty and Re:Make, but I enjoyed everyone's sets! super fun to have a dance and jump around~ I'm also sorry to anyone I poked with my spiky bracelets X3

As far as improvements...a pretty minor thing really, but it was a shame for me that the karaoke and pub quiz clashed because I would have loved to be able to do both! But of course I understand some things are always going to clash at events like this and it can't be helped, so that's purely selfish on my part really :p otherwise, thanks to everyone who made it happen, you guys did an amazing job! Hope to see you all again next year <3

6. Keyphob

Keyphob Recognised Pony

Very late to mention this but I enjoyed BronyScot very much. The only things I would mention was that there needed to be more time set aside for the charity auction and maybe have 10 minutes or so between the end of the opening ceremony and the start of the first panels, just to give people time to find them or get to them.

Corduroy Road and Stormblaze like this.
  7. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse Recognised Pony

I know this has been SO long overdue to give my feedback on last year's convention (heck I hope this topic isn't dead yet!), I've been busy with personal life and stuff.

But here is my movie of my experience at BronyScot 2016! :D

I feel like 2016 was the best of my BronyScot experiences so far! Hope this year's BronyScot will be greater!

8. Stormblaze

blocked in UK because of copyrighted music. may want to try again as Id like to see it.

9. The Dark Horse

I'm gonna have to re-edit it because YouTube is being such a ****!

Hold up

#49 The Dark Horse, 9 June 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: 10 June 2017
  10. The Dark Horse

I've now re-edited it with non-copyright music (which is so irritating in my opinion cause I liked the songs I originally used) and will have it re-uploaded when it's morning time for me.

11. The Dark Horse

Here it is again! Hopefully we should ALL be able to see it now! :)

Keyphob likes this.
  12. Stormblaze

awww man you cut the video away just as my table was coming into shot =c

The Dark Horse likes this.
  13. The Dark Horse

At when? During the tour around the vendors? The Smash tournament? Uh... when the Sharks attacked? O~O

14. The Dark Horse

Nevermind, I think I see what you mean. Sorry about that, it was quite claustrophobic in the vendor hall and I get anxious sometimes (that's why I wear aviators :cool:). I'll make sure I get everyone and every table this time!

15. BunnyPony

BunnyPony Recognised Pony

Yeah! My epic 'DerpyHooves-tshirt-bidding-skills' have been recorded for posterity!
    (Plus my 'almost paid a hell of a lot for a picture, a near miss, actually' adventure!)
    Thanks, man!
    :D

16. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

Well I see myself at the end lol

17. The Dark Horse

Which one's you?

Zenfox likes this.
  18. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

In the closing, grey wig, ears and black jacket

19. Ialyrn Aeloria

Ialyrn Aeloria The Unknown Entity

Hahaha, I see myself in the video.

20. ponePete

ponePete Habitual Pony

Yay! Finally proof I was there :D

Great video, hope to see you at BronyScot 2017!