1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

News BronyScot 2017: venue and dates confirmed, tickets on sale!

Discussion in 'BronyScot Convention Discussion' started by Silver Broom, 19 May 2017.

1. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

*** Update: Tickets are now on sale at http://brony.scot/Tickets/ ***

Announcement.jpg
    Art by @SketchyPone

We know many of you have been waiting for this news for a while, but at last we are delighted to confirm that BronyScot will be returning in November this year!

Our theme for this year will be sci-fi. Nessie and her friends will appear dressed as characters from various franchises - we would love to see that in cosplays this year as well!

The venue

The main convention will take place on Saturday 25 November 2017 in the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel at 1-9 Grosvenor Terrace, Glasgow, Scotland. The hotel proved very suitable last year, and we have built up a good relationship with the Hilton staff, so we are delighted to be able to take place there again.

Situated in Glasgow’s West End, the hotel is easily reached in a few minutes by public transport from the city centre, and is about 20 minutes by car or taxi from Glasgow Airport. The hotel can of course be used for accommodation, but there are plenty of other options nearby as well.

The convention will run from 10am until late in the evening, and is suitable for all ages. Details on tickets will be announced in the coming weeks.

Rock Nessie

On Sunday 26 November, in the evening the day after BronyScot, the live music party Rock Nessie will take place once again at the Classic Grand in Glasgow’s city centre, featuring live acts from a range of artists associated with the fandom. Tickets for Rock Nessie can be purchased separately from the main event. Due to venue licensing, Rock Nessie is for age 18+ only.

Announcing: Re:Make!

remake album.jpg

Known for their songs inspired by various films, anime and video games, Re:Make will be attending and performing this year. Edd and Jimmy (formerly known as Acoustic Brony) performed last year - this time the full band will be over!

https://officialremake.bandcamp.com/

News on more events and guests will follow in the near future!

#1 Silver Broom, 19 May 2017
    Last edited: 26 August 2017
    MCtoastie and ponePete like this.
  2. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

Will there be a pub meet/get together on the Friday evening (the 24th) like there was last year?

3. BunnyPony

BunnyPony Active Pony

Booking Accommodation, now!

4. BunnyPony

BunnyPony Active Pony

BOOKED!
    IT'S HAPPENING!

5. Silver Broom

Yes, there will be a pre-meet - we haven't chosen a venue for it yet though.

6. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

I'm there dude.

7. Leon K Fox

Booked the Clifton Hotel for two nights :D I'll be going home Monday if I can crash on a friend's sofa, if not then it'll be on the Sunday. No interest in the Rock Nessie so that was never a factor.

Not going to book the flights for a good while yet due to the aftermentioned uncertainty.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

8. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Will most definitely be there, looking forward to it already. Glad it's the Hilton again.
    Now to think of a possible sci-fi cosplay...

9. GeodesicDragon

GeodesicDragon Prince Brublood

Looking forward to it already.

10. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Yay! We finally have confirmation! :D

I was hoping we might head back to Edinburgh, but it'll be fun to go back to Glasgow again. This year's convention is taking place on my birthday too. This will be a great way to celebrate it. :)

11. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

I'm glad Glasgow has once again been selected, last year was my first time visiting Glasgow and I actually really liked the place, it was a bit scary on Saturday Night but other than that I liked it a lot.

Will probably stay in the same Hotel I stayed in Last Year, The Premier Inn Charing Cross.. It's a bit of a walk to the venue but that's ok, I didn't mind it, it's still simple enough. but on the flip side it means I'm close to Rock Nessies venue.

Speaking of, I gotta make sure I don't make the same mistake I made last year, forgot to book a ticket for Rock Nessie and nearly didn't make it in, so had to pop into the Mcdonalds next door and bought a ticket on my phone and showed it on there, This year I will be better prepared :p

I also look forward to exploring Glasgow again as It really did exceed what I thought it was going to be like.. Go back to Geek a Boo and Tokyo Toys, maybe check out that Nerd Café I missed out on last time.

as far as travelling goes, last year I flew up from London City Airport, I may do that again, but on the other hand I'm also tempted to get the Train from London Euston, I hear if you book early enough you can get First Class pretty early, I shall have to investigate which is the better option.

Either way I really enjoyed Bronyscot Weekend last year and I look forward to doing it again this year :)

Only I wont Dubai to look forward to the next weekend this time around ¬.¬

Silver Broom likes this.
  12. Leon K Fox

Any possible word on when tickets will go on sale?

13. Silver Broom

Ticket launch date TBC, but it'll be at least a month away yet.

14. BunnyPony

BunnyPony Active Pony

:DOooooohhhh, duuuuuude! You are SO getting the bumps!:D

Robshi likes this.
  15. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

16. GeodesicDragon

That's the one my friends and I used as well. I agree about the distance, but it's cheap and comfy :)

Can't wait for tickets to go on sale!

17. Keyphob

Keyphob Well-Known Pony

This year we must empty the taps at the Classic Grand! Not even the Guinness must be left!

18. Starfooty

Starfooty Pony

Get ready for the next round. Luna and her czech team already plans the attendance.

19. GeodesicDragon

They say everything comes in threes; for me, that three seems to be of the bad luck variety.

BronyScot 2015: Spent most of the convention at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary after falling down the stairs at work on the day I left for Edinburgh.
    BronyScot 2016: An incident with the freezer left me seriously out of pocket for the convention; the good nature of my friends kept me going, but I was without any proper funds for three days.
    BronyScot 2017: P*** poor planning on my part has one again left me devoid of funds - despite some good sales of my fanfic books - meaning that I am biting the bullet and announcing my intention to not attend this years con.

Maybe next year, huh?

20. BunnyPony

BunnyPony Active Pony

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!