1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

News BronyScot 2017: venue, dates and other news!

Discussion in 'BronyScot Convention Discussion' started by Silver Broom, 19 May 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

Tickets and hotel booked.

2. Starfooty

Starfooty Well-Known Pony

Hooray! Booked tickets and hostel. Now wait for the rest. There are at least 5 of us.

3. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Bronyscot Ticket officially purchased.. Let the good times role ;D

Hotel was already booked

Now all I have to do is decide how I'm getting up there.. I am debating whether to go by Air or Rail.

Either way I really enjoyed Bronyscot last year and look forward to being back again this year :)

Also I will buy my Rock Nessie Ticket next payday.. I don't want to make the same mistake I made last year >.<

4. GreenFly

GreenFly Loves to draw, play video games & do video's!

I can't wait to go to this :D

#44 GreenFly, 5 September 2017
    Last edited: 3 November 2017
  5. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Grah! I tried to book in with the same Travelodge I used last year and the website isn't letting me book the tickets for some reason. Has anyone else had trouble with their website lately? I'm wondering whether to keep trying or just try another hotel, even if it might not be as convenient. Rrg... I hope I can resolve this soon. I don't want to cut this any closer than I need to.

6. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Okay, hotel room booked and tickets bought. My train tickets can wait until a little later. The epic birthday bash is on! :D

I decided to book with Premier Inn instead since their website actually lets me book a room. It's a bit more expensive, but I do have the option of cancelling my booking should something come up. It's also on Argyle Street so it's pretty close to Rock Nessie like the Travelodge was and should be easier to find. Anyone have any idea why Travelodge can't get their website to work? I'm sure a few people would've looked elsewhere as a result of this.

Also, do BronyScot and Rock Nessie tickets give any kind of confirmation or booking number I need to bring with me? It seems odd that it'll take an order and card details and just say order received. :confused:

7. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

You should also have received an actual ticket (with a QR code to scan at reception). Is there anything in your spam folder?
    If not, please let me know and I'll make sure it's looked into.

Vendors who have paid for their tickets should have payment confirmations. They will not have tickets with QR codes yet, but should receive them in the next few days.
    All other types of tickets should receive an e-mail containing QR code immediately after purchase.

8. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've had no emails of any kind from BronyScot so far, and I ordered both a standard ticket for the convention and one for Rock Nessie. It's been 24 hours now since I made the order, what's going on?

9. Silver Broom

That's very odd, may be some kind of bug. I will discuss this with you via PM and sort this out.

EDIT: Confirmed we received payment, both tickets have been re-issued. Please let me know if you received them (and please check spam folder if they're not in your inbox).

#49 Silver Broom, 9 September 2017
    Last edited: 9 September 2017
  10. Silver Broom

We are pleased to confirm Sketchy Sounds will be at BronyScot, and performing again at Rock Nessie. This time, his fiancée Bethiebo will be joining him to sing!

We also have, as previously announced:
    • CracklingLazer’s new band Coltastrophe, featuring Steely Hooves (performer at this year's GalaCon), Rhythm Sticks, and our own Soundcheck.
    • Rock Nessie veteran Injustrial
    • Re:Make (formerly Acoustic Brony)
    More acts are to be announced, as well as other BronyScot news soon…

GreenFly likes this.
  11. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

And that's travelling sorted ;D

This year I shall be travelling by Rail..In first Class as well ;D

Let the good times roll :)

ponePete likes this.
  12. GeodesicDragon

GeodesicDragon Prince Brublood

I have FINALLY got around to buying my tickets, and can now prepare to get hyped.

Accommodation isn't an issue, so I just need spending moolah now. :D

BunnyPony and ponePete like this.
  13. GeodesicDragon

Less than a month to go, people!

I wrote a silly little thing featuring Nessie; read it below if you're interested.

Nessie ran into the shop as quickly as her hooves would carry her, startling the stallion behind the counter with her sudden presence.

"Quick!" she shouted. "My pipes have burst, and I must get them repaired as soon as possible; I need to practice for BronyScot!"

The stallion looked perplexed. "As much as I would love to be of assistance, Miss Nessie, I have to tell you that you're in the wrong shop," he said.

"How can that be true?" Nessie scoffed. "This is the pipe shop, is it not?"

"Well, yes, but I don't deal with your kind of pipes," the stallion replied. "For you see..." He leaned forwards and looked Nessie in the eyes. "I'm actually a plumber."

Silver Broom, Robshi and Cendaquenta like this.
  14. BunnyPony

BunnyPony Recognised Pony

rimshot.gif

15. anthony rothstein

I question the canonicity of this tale

BunnyPony likes this.
  16. Silver Broom

Glad you're excited!
    And thanks for the interim entertainment, however groan-inducing. You can be our official joke writer! :p

GeodesicDragon likes this.
  17. GeodesicDragon

Just over three weeks to go, people! Are you excited?

For those of you planning on using the subway, here is some information you may find useful.
    • A single ticket costs £1.65 for an adult and 70p for a child.
    • A return ticket costs £3.10 for an adult and £1.35 for a child.
    • Unlimited travel costs £4.00 for adults only.
    • A map of the network can be found here, with optional Google Maps overlay.
    • Single Tickets will take you to any stop on the network.
      • (I assume that return tickets only work between the two stations you are travelling to/from.)
    • As mentioned on the convention website, the subway closes at 18:00 and buses cease operating after midnight. As far as I know, Glasgow Taxis is the main service provider in the city; their website features a route calculator where you can estimate your fare. ('Estimate' being the key word here.)
    I think that's everything, although I hasten to point out that I am not a Glasgow resident, and therefore might have missed a few things.

#57 GeodesicDragon, 2 November 2017
    Last edited: 2 November 2017
  18. MattBas

MattBas Recognised Pony

Almost as excited as Pinkie Pie!

19. Silver Broom

Good advice Geo, thanks for posting!

A couple of things worth clarifying about the Subway:
    • A return ticket can be used for any two journeys in one day – it doesn't have to be the reverse of the original journey.
    • The Subway only closes at 18:00 on Sundays – on all other days it runs til around 23:15 – 23:30.
    • You can get cheaper pay-as-you go fares using a ScotRail smartcard or Subway smartcard, they can be ordered free of charge online although it's probably not worth getting one specially if it's just for one weekend.
    Also, regarding buses:
    • The main bus operator in central Glasgow is First. Fares can vary depending on the distance but the usual adult single fare is £2.20, with an all-day ticket costing £4.30. With the exception of the airport shuttle, the drivers do not give change (so exact fare is needed), but they do accept contactless card payments. Google Maps is the easiest way to work out which buses to get.

• The night buses within Glasgow only run on Friday and Saturday nights, but the Edinburgh-Glasgow 900 bus now runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

#59 Silver Broom, 2 November 2017
    Last edited: 2 November 2017
  20. GreenFly

GreenFly Loves to draw, play video games & do video's!

Got a question when will we see the floor plan for the vendors and what time can the vendors check in at?

ponePete likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.