1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

News BronyScot 2017: venue, dates and other news!

Discussion in 'BronyScot Convention Discussion' started by Silver Broom, 19 May 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

I believe this has been sorted for you now, please let me know if not.

If anyone else has problems receiving their tickets, please could you send an e-mail to bronyscot (at) gmail.com so it can be handled more directly. Apologies for the inconvenience!

2. BunnyPony

BunnyPony Recognised Pony

oooooh!
    Maybe I should think of buying them.... :D:p:D

Robshi likes this.
  3. Silver Broom

@GreenFly @Violet Rose

Apologies for my mistaken information earlier. Vendors may come in any time from 8am — this is the time on the tickets and has also been communicated by e-mail to all vendors.
    However, you do not have to arrive this early – in particular, those with smaller stalls may not find it necessary.

GreenFly likes this.
  4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

How will the tickets be checked at the event? I only asked as I printed my tickets out today and found that my printer is low on ink, meaning they haven't come out well. Is it strictly by those QR scan codes?

5. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Tickets will be available at the door, right? I'll be attending and my mother is coming with me, but we haven't bought our tickets online - a) because there didn't seem to be any way to get a concessionary ticket and b) because we have one of the email address types that there've been problems with.

6. Silver Broom

You can also present the QR code on a phone or tablet, instead of printing it out.

I would ask you to still buy the ticket online – if you don't receive the ticket with QR code automatically then please send an e-mail to bronyscot (at) gmail.com and will send it to you manually. Carers will get free entry - please mention this in the 'Order notes' when buying tickets so we know to expect.

#86 Silver Broom, 22 November 2017
    Last edited: 22 November 2017
  7. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

My trip to Bronyscot has officially began ;D..

Currently in London staying in a Hotel near Euston.. Got a 5:30am train to catch >.<.. First Class so I look forward to that ;D

Guess I ought to consider getting some sleep soon or I may regret it in a few hours time :p

ponePete likes this.
  8. Forté

Forté Habitual Pony

Will be there this year, missed last year's.
    Looking forward to cosplaying for the first time too, I'll be the blonde maned, blue pegasus ^.^

GreenFly and ponePete like this.
  9. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Question: will the charity auction still be accepting items at the event? There's something I've been thinking long and hard about donating.

Forté likes this.
  10. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Something came up, not going to be able to attend. :(
    Y'all have fun!

11. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Aw. Hope nothing too serious

12. Forté

Forté Habitual Pony

Had a great time, despite coming last in the pub quiz *hmph* lol
    Won't be at RockNessie but hope everyone has fun tonight!

13. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse Recognised Pony

So good last night! I really liked the Princess Ember cosplay, it was genius! :D

I won't be at Rock Nessie sadly but I hope it's worth while for all of you! ;)

I'll be assembling a movie of my experience, via Movie Maker very shortly.

GreenFly, Forté and ponePete like this.
  14. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

I'll throw in my feedback here for now, by all means please feel free to move it into a feedback thread if you do make one..

Anyways this is my 2nd Bronyscot and once again you guys have delivered.

I love Glasgow as a venue.. It's crazy how it has been 12 months since I was last up here, yet as soon as I return it feels like I've never left.. Last year everything was new to me so finding my way around was a bit tougher but this year I just naturally knew where to go this time.

Last year I flew up.. This year I decided to try something different and I went via Train from London Euston all the way up to Glasgow Central in first class I might add.. All in all a nice experience ;D

So yeah, attended the Curlers rest meet on Friday, A good walk from my hotel but I don't mind. That was cool, spoke to people just had a good time.

Saturday obviously attended the main event.. Got a lot of Commisions done, spent a lot more Money than I thought I would ¬.¬, attended the Speed drawing challenge and Fanfic Work Shop... Never written a fanfic in my life yet I won the contest they hosted and won a nice little Nessie figurine out of it ;D, I also got to ask Starlight Glimmer a question so that was cool :)

There is a part of me that wishes Bronyscot had 2 days but I know you guys aren't as big as something like Galacon but it still has it's nice feel.

The plus side is ofcourse there is plenty of time to go explore Glasgow itself which I always do.. Go into places like Hamleys, Tokyo Toys, Geek a Boo etc.. I have to say I really like Glasgow as a city centre, I remember last year being not sure as I always heard how rough it is.. and yes it can be a scary place at night time, especially walking down trying to get a Mcdonalds after the con, but it's still a great place and I recommend anyone who has never been here to visit it atleast once.

Then ofcourse there is Rock Nessie.. Really enjoyed this again, I tended to chill out more in the back this time, occasionally came up front but It's an awesome feature, and most importantly I didn't make the same mistake this year ;D, I was ready with a ticket this time :D.

So that's it, still chilling in me hotel room for now but will soon be packing and getting ready to leave, Hope to go to Wetherspoons before I leave then at 1600 I got the train back down to London Euston then another Train back to Kent..

So a big thank you to the organisers and volunteers for once again organising this great little event, I've never organised anything like this myself but speaking to other people who have.. I know they are not without their headaches so well done all.

Thank you to all the vendors and performers as well.

I am glad to see this show still has it's loyal fans and that some people are willing to travel from far distances to come to something like this, I just love being around fellow fans and knowing you are not alone.

I hope there will be another Bronyscot next year and if so I definitely hope to be back.. It would be awesome to come back to Glasgow again, I'm beginning to know this place pretty well now, but if you move to somewhere like Edinburgh then I guess nothing wrong with a new experience.

So thanks again and I hope to be back again :)

Tarah for now :)

MCtoastie, Robshi, Oilyvalves and 2 others like this.
  15. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

For me nowadays after so many cons it’s mostly about the people.. in any case, well done pulling another one together guys, great to see it can still be done and the hard work of all involved is much appreciated :)
    Once again the hotel was accommodating and friendly.
    Great job keeping the Skype connection stable this year ^^ Kelly was a great guest and loved her reactions to Irn Bru :p

Classic Grand (itself) seemed to be running on almost a “supply your own staff” this year? Plus not too impressed with them trying to pass off 7oz (0.35 pint) water dispenser cups as half pints and insisting they’re halves when challenged. I can say categorically they were not! Just venue gripes though, Rock Nessie itself was great, nice to hear a few newer pony based songs in the mix too :)
    Ears still ringing so may bring earplugs for screamy guy next year xD

Btw didn’t manage to pick up the t-shirt I ordered (got the Rock Nessie one, not the con one) as seemingly medium had ran out, dunno if I’m out of luck but sent an email to the ticket address.

#95 Cloudane, 27 November 2017
    Last edited: 27 November 2017
    MCtoastie and Robshi like this.
  16. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse Recognised Pony

There's one thing I missed dearly about this year's convention though: the Gaming tournaments.

anthony rothstein and Robshi like this.
  17. anthony rothstein

Andrew misses you dearly as well <3

The Dark Horse likes this.
  18. Silver Broom

We did have all-day karaoke this year (which effectively took the place in the schedule), and Sonic Mania which Renard was kind enough to bring, but… you can expect to see video games tournaments back at any future BronyScot! ;)

—————

EDIT: Closing this thread as the con is finished for this year. Please post any more feedback in the new thread. :)

#98 Silver Broom, 28 November 2017
    Last edited: 28 November 2017
    GreenFly and The Dark Horse like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.