1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

BronyScot 2018 feedback thread

Discussion in 'BronyScot Convention Discussion' started by Loganberry, 15 November 2018.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I didn't attend BronyScot 2018 myself, but this is a place for those of you who did to give your feedback about the convention. :)

2. Ace

Ace New Pony

As this year was my first BronyScot I thought I'd make a quick review on what I thought about it

Since i'm used to more bigger conventions in terms of attendance I have to say I do prefer a smaller attendance, you're able to do a lot more with less attendees. I had the 'ticket holder' badge the Saturday overall was really enjoyable, I had a great selection of fan art and little pieces of merch like badges and even my Sunburst plush from UKPC came along :). my personal favourite event was the 'Bronyhouse' since it was quite a laugh.

Rock Nessie the next day was the cherry on top, to say I don't go to rock concerts often this was one to enjoy. to sum up my experience, I loved rocking along to various singers and musicians. Elie Monty singing 'Rainbow' has to be my top highlight as well as a fun game of 'Throw Hoops at Plushies'. (I'm sure there's a name for that somewhere)

But to sum up this years BronyScot, it was a pretty chill and relaxing weekend :) I would join it 3rd on my convention lists with Galacon 2018 just above it

vcgriffin and Zenfox like this.
  3. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

a lot of fun being able to compete in the bronyhouse was a lot of fun (if any one has a vid of that please upload it for me)

finally hearing elly monty live was a tweet and worth a 5 year wait

4. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse Recognised Pony

I had an amazing time, thought it was better than last year's :)

I liked the amount of variety in the merchandise sold by the vendors. Took part in some exciting contests; all of which I lost. Oh well maybe next time ^^ I enjoyed the goof off games as well, they were fun!

ONLY tiny thing I would improve on would be if the game consoles were also available before and after the video game contests.

I found being cuddled by furries so warm and adorable <3

It was so great overall! Looking forward to 2019 :)

5. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

This was my fourth BronyScot and I greatly enjoyed it once again! The gameshow panel was fun, and I've actually been inspired into writing some fanfiction thanks to the crazy brainstorming writing panel, namely from the flash fic contest afterwards as I really want to write the idea I came up with. The Goof Off was fun too, a nice replacement for a lack of a show celebrity interview.

That said there were a few points I feel could be improved. The opening ceremony seemed like an afterthought, there was barely anything in it! I feel just having a staff member do some jokes or something to start the fun could really help kick off the con.

The first writing panel got a little boring after a while. I think the lack of interactive elements hurt it. It was just a lecture about fanfiction. If the person wants to run another panel next here he might want to take a page out of the Brainstorming panels book and get us joining in more.

Later in the afternoon and in the evening there seemed to be little choice with panels. I think adding one or two more might help. Plus the gaming area seemed dead outside of the actual events running. Perhaps keeping the game consoles going after events would help or just getting someone to run some more games might keep people around there.

Overall it was a great time though, I had a lot of fun and got a lot of cool swag. I actually won two items at the charity auction! Has that ever happened at this con before? I'm also tempted to volunteer if BronyScot 2019 just to help address some of the flaws I mentioned. I'd be happy to try and come with a fun convention intro or maybe do an improv game based panel to help out the con. :)

The Dark Horse likes this.
  6. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse Recognised Pony

Does anyone know how much money the convention made to donate to charity? I didn't catch it on camera.