1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

BronyScot 2019 feedback!

Discussion in 'BronyScot Convention Discussion' started by Loganberry, 14 November 2019.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Apologies for the lateness of this thread! If you'd like to comment on BronyScot 2019, you can do so here. :)

Ace likes this.
  2. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse Recognised Pony

I enjoyed my time at this year's convention! I'd say it was one of the best.

Amazed that it was a lot more people than last time.

I do have one complaint however: when I came to get my e-ticket scanned, the guy at the registration wasn't rather friendly. He was like ordering me around to show evidence that I purchased a ticket (which was a Deluxe) despite me having a ticket scan on my phone ready. I was rather panicky cause I have autism. I got my confirmation anyway but perhaps a little more patience and preparation to scan someone's e-ticket would be magic.

I am still willing to come back cause being at that convention feels like a place of belonging!

Oilyvalves likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Pony

BronyScot 2019 I think for me has to be better than last years!
    I'll start talking about the con's scheduled events through out the day it was definitely a step up from last year since last years BronyScot didn't have karaoke, however this year I was very pleased to see karaoke being scheduled officially and not illegally. I mean that metaphorically ;)
    It was awesome to see the 'Bronyhouse' hosted by 'Midnight Scribe' making a second return as that was my top favourite event last year! Never disappointed never the less. The Q&A with Jesse Nowack was also really intriguing to, I was lucky enough to get one of my Vinyl Scratch posters signed by him which I was very pleased about, top guy :). Additionally it wouldn't be a con without the famous 'Charity Auction'. In total we raised £1530 all donated to SAMH - Scottish Association for Mental Health. I was lucky enough to win the Griffish Isles flag to!

I think I would have the 'bronyhouse' as my top favourite event again for this year's con. long story short BronyScot this year was all round brilliant for me :)

Even RockNessie on the Sunday was good although this year a couple of performers couldn't make it this year :( . Although 'Zenfox' stole the show with his plushie and glow sticks, more or less everyone was amused by the turn out and took lots of pictures which was really fun while it lasted. The rest of Rock Nessie was awesome as ever. It was awesome to see 'Prince Whateverer' again since I had to miss his performance at UK PonyCon due to the pub quiz, Jesse Nowack on stage really surprised me to and I even got a glimpse of Lavender Harmony to! Personally I would have to say Rock Nessie 2018 was just a little bit better but even still it was a pleasure to be there and glad I attended.

I think the only improvement I would give to BronyScot this year is opening times of the con, for me I would rather start the con at 10:00 and have the opening ceremony at 10:30 just so I have a little more time to get ready in the morning and not rush but that's just my opinion. If they were to return next year I would love to have the gaming event (like the Nintendo Switch Tournament last year) to come back, maybe even have some Rainbow Dash attack preferably.

Of course it was lovely to see familiar faces and friends again this year. The con staff, volunteers, hosts and everyone involved did a fantastic job this year and hopefully it will return next year!

4. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I'm really sad I missed it this year! I only found out it was on while it was already happening - I was already in Glasgow for Forbidden Planet's reopening and bumped into Frizzy Brony. I was looking forward to seeing some of you folks, too.

Robshi and The Dark Horse like this.
  5. The Dark Horse

Oh well, there's always next year.

6. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

7. The Dark Horse

Hope you enjoy the movie :D

Robshi likes this.
  8. Librase

Librase Provider of hugs

That was a great video that captured a good overview of the convention, and thank you for capturing the pony games! I was starting to wonder whether it happened myself. Hopefully I might run it at GI and have made some mental notes about how to improve (like shortening the time people have to hold plushies, and making sure we have enough!)

Also, that Starlight daki was best cosplay ever.

Oh right, a review. I spent a lot of time behind the Griffish Isles desk but it was a nice place to be, plenty of space to unpack and we got plenty of foot traffic (which led to a flag full of signatures, which Ace now owns!). Enjoyable Bronyscot this year, a great chance to catch up with friends and it never felt too empty or full.

The Dark Horse likes this.
  9. The Dark Horse

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed :)

Yeah I thought that Starlight daki cosplay was gold! XD Some people were also nice to chat with.

10. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

It's high time I posted my own thoughts into this thread, so here I go.

The introduction to the convention was very lacking once again. I'm sure we could have a skit or something light hearted just to make it a bit more entertaining and have some substance just to set the tone of the convention.

The how to stay motivated panel was also disappointing. It was really short and there was only a sentence or two given to the subject I came to it to hear about. I think the panellist cut his longer version down far too much.

The rest of the convention was great though. The pony games shown above was a lot of fun, even though I can still smell the rubber from that pony mask! The horror! I also maintain I had the better Flurry Heart pic despite the judge's decision. I would also suggest that if the presentation game is done again that they actually use the full Just a Minute rules, as allowing us to interrupt and take over will get all the teams involved and also stop people floundering around with a subject they've clearly run out of things to say on.

It was great to have another big name guest for the Skype call again. The Bronyhouse panel was also a lot of fun, and once again I won twice in the auction! We also had a lot more choice for panels than last time, so there was no real points when nothing was going on. The only problem with that is that there is no real window to grow and grab food during the con! I suppose clashes are another inevitable annoyance, but it's better than having no choice or no panels at all.

So yeah, great job guys! I hope we can do it all again next year! :D

11. Librase

Librase Provider of hugs

Just a note on your "pony games" feedback:
    It was a tough choice, but I can't deny the shock value of the winning pic!

Fair point, I wasn't originally aware of these rules but it would be a good way to get more people involved and to up the chaos.

Robshi likes this.