1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

BUCK ’14 Fluttershy Club

Discussion in 'Archived BUCK Discussion' started by nethesem, 12 July 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

I've been to quite a few cons, but I'm a Fluttershy to the core (mixing up my pony references, oop :p) and tend to get nervous around new people/large crowds etc, and I know lots of others feel the same so I'm glad this exists ^^ Looking forward to seeing/hopefully not too awkwardly talking to all of you guys~

2. Aldersgate

Aldersgate Honorary Pony

Glad to see this is a thing - this will be my first pony con and I'm certainly on the Fluttershy side of things! Looking forward to it though!

3. TooTsaka

TooTsaka New Pony

I have a slight conundrum here because in one way, I think being the "Fluttershy" in the Fluttershy club is appropriate for me since I find it difficult to mingle with people... initially. Once I've mingled, I'm fine. On the other hand I also feel that I'd be appropriate to being the "Pinkie Pie" considering it's not like I'm shy when speaking to others once I've mingled with them.

Of a choice between being the "Fluttershy" or "Pinkie Pie", I feel I'd much rather be the "Pinkie Pie" because, as I stated, it's not a case of being shy. It's a case of finding it awkward to initiate conversation with strangers. Also, we need all the "Pinkie Pies" we can get since it's harder to fill out, so I'd rather help out with filling in the spaces for being a "Pinkie Pie". If that isn't of any trouble for y'all, I'd like to volunteer as a Pinkie Pie Pal. :p

4. chocolatechip

chocolatechip Lord of the chips

can i sign up to be a `shy?

5. nethesem

nethesem Existentialist

The Pinkie Pie Team is now assembled, but we can never have too many pinkies, so you're always welcome to join in and help out – just by being there!

No sign up needed for Fluttershys, just be there! I'll be publishing the official meet up schedule this weekend, it'll also be in the con book!

6. TooTsaka

TooTsaka New Pony

Oh, well, that sucks. I feared that I was too late to be part of the team considering the date of when you messaged the volunteers.

7. nethesem

nethesem Existentialist

Yea, since we're so close to show time now, we had to place the t-shirt order right away!

But as I say, everyone's welcome to join in any capacity!

8. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Ironically as someone who was pushing this idea hard after last year (and I think many will benefit greatly from it), now that I know more people from the forum I'm in two minds whether it's necessary for me or not! Maybe there's scope for just sort of picking up a badge as a backup and using it if we struggle / feel a bit lonely?

9. Mavromichali

Mavromichali BUCK 2016 & BUCK LDN

After talking to BronyCon who used badges this year; what I'm expecting is that a fair amount of people will grab a badge which they can use to tell people that they are interested in chatting with strangers or not. A decent number of those are probably likely not to be specifically interested in the club part of this; and would just like the badge to wear, as you are suggesting.

The club will be running at a set meeting point, with scheduled meet up times during the day; and pinkies will be heading off to various events and activities with groups of people as they all decide between them that they want to. Anyone can join in, or not, as they so wish and as often, or not, as they wish. Even if they're not wearing a badge.

10. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

Interested in this as I'm a bit of a Fluttershy, especially in larger crowds. :)

11. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Could be one for me too, this. I'm in slightly the same boat as @Cloudane in that this would have been a life-saver on the Saturday morning last year, but I know a few more people these days. I'm a little less of a 'Shy than I was a year ago, but when there are hundreds and hundreds of people around, it's still a very different proposition to a meet with a dozen people. Tbh the badge would be the big draw for me, as these days I'm happy to gabble on to anyone who talks to me, but I still often have trouble starting conversations with strangers.

12. Mavromichali

Mavromichali BUCK 2016 & BUCK LDN

I have a picture of our Fluttershy Club badges:

[​IMG]

13. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

I might spend half the weekend looking at the badge. :p

Cloudane likes this.
  14. chocolatechip

that artstyle looks familiar

15. nethesem

nethesem Existentialist

It's CaptainHoers, our tamed miniature horse designer <3

16. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

So cute X3

And for those who aren't sure whether they're Fluttershy or Pinkie, just get 6 of them so it says "Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!"

Some say...
    That he's so miniature he needs a ladder to boop a filly
    And that he only sells his designer horses on the second Tuesday of the month

All we know is he's called CaptainHoers!

17. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Those are so cute it's ridiculous. I have never been happier to be a Fluttershy! (And that's saying something. :p)

18. g2k2004

g2k2004 Active Pony

i like it it be a big help thanks :)

19. chocolatechip

im glad to get a flootershy badge. im alright when its people I know I can talk to, but I literally panic at the thought of random people. what if I annoy them, or they just want to get on with their stuff

how do we get our badges?

20. nathan-wallace

nathan-wallace Habitual Pony

So you all know there will be a Pinkiepie/Fluttershy club pre meet on the Friday at the Manchester Central Library Cafe between 14:30 and 16:30
    http://www.buckcon.org/posts/buck-2014-fluttershy-club

Feel free to come down and say hi! I'm gonna be one of the Pinkie's, here for your entertainment? :) :p

"how do we get our badges?" We are hoping give some out at pre meet, otherwise at info desk at BUCK itself i thinks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.