1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Chat BUCK 2014 Cosplay Contest

Discussion in 'Archived BUCK Discussion' started by nethesem, 7 May 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nethesem

nethesem Existentialist

[​IMG]

Bring on the fancy dress!

Cosplay was huge last year at BUCK! So big that when we did a cosplay competition with an expected 30-40 entrants, we had to deal with eighty-five contestants!

The variety was huge! We had people cosplaying everything from Pony Princesses to the Ratman from Portal, using everything from Hollywood-class materials to recycled cardboard.

This August we’re anticipating another huge cosplay following at BUCK 2014, and we’re preparing our Cosplay Contest to suit! Given the overwhelming interest, we will need to take a limited number of pre-signups to stay on schedule. If you’re looking to be in the competition, stay tuned to our news channels for further information as we plan our events out!

Also in the news today – Don’t forget that our Charity Auction Nominations are taking place right now on UK of Equestria, so head on over there to nominate the charity you’d like us to support this year!

And how about a free T-Shirt? Join us on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr, and check out our Random T-Shirt Raffle – you could win a free pony t-shirt that may or may not be in your size!

Stay tuned for more updates this week, and remember, every hundredth ticket we sell between 18th May and 24th May will be refunded* – so brace yourselves for a chance to get a free ticket to BUCK 2014!

(*T&C applies, see here for details)

2. TheDamnedScribe

TheDamnedScribe Royal Guard Armourer

Any indication as to when sign-ups for the cosplay contest will open, nethesem?

3. nethesem

nethesem Existentialist

People are working on the plans for it as we speak, they should be ready within a week, and then I can tell you the deets!

4. Archer

Archer Derpy's number 1 fan :D

Any word yet on when Sign ups start???

5. Mavromichali

Mavromichali BUCK 2016 & BUCK LDN

We're discussing it with the people who are organising this event. Hopefully you'll see something soon

6. Archer

Any news on this yet??? I really want to sign up lol XD

7. Mavromichali

I spoke to the guys who are running this event the other day. We will be getting a publicity post out very shortly, and applications will be made to a buckcon email address.

8. Archer

Anything????

9. Mavromichali

I'm chasing publicity on getting an actual publicity post out on all channels - but since LAGC had their convention last week, and half our staff are at CF this week it's been problematic.

We did put out a post on twitter though - perhaps you missed it?

10. TheDamnedScribe

TheDamnedScribe Royal Guard Armourer

Well, I sent my email in, at least...

11. Electuroo

Electuroo Bouncing off clouds in style

I also sent a email in about entering the contest as well ^^

12. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Not being funny, but isn't it a little... preemptive, to open up for pre-registration while there is no information out there about the contest beyond who is judging it, and what the planned time slot is? I've been looking around for terms and conditions for cosplays plus what is actually involved/required for participation (beyond the couple of brief paragraphs on what is outright prohibited for cosplayers i.e. prohibited weapons and restrictions on body paint), but beyond the e-mail for applications, I'm coming up blank on finding anything to guide one through this process.

13. nethesem

nethesem Existentialist

We're working with the Anime League for our cosplay competition, but they've just run LAGC in London, so all the people we were talking to fell off the radar for a fortnight. We're back in contact though, and getting this information out there is my top priority right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.