1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Buck: Legacy Card Game Discussion

Discussion in 'Games & Development' started by Urban Meadows, 18 January 2013.

1. Urban Meadows

Urban Meadows Games Developer

[​IMG]

Buck: Legacy is a dedicated deck card game from Urban Meadows Publishing, created by Harrison Hochkins and illustrated by various artists. The game focuses on building characters through held equipment, where players fight against random monsters drawn from a dungeon deck comparable to games in the 'rogue-like' genre.

For more information visit our sites:
    buck-card-game.tumblr.com
    buckcardgame.com
    facebook.com/buckcardgame

In this thread you can ask questions about the game, raise discussions on card rulings or simply talk anything you'd like to do with the massive project.
    £31.95 + Shipping
    Expansion sets now available for pre-order! Click here!

#1 Urban Meadows, 18 January 2013
    Last edited: 17 July 2015
    Greetings and Little Emerald like this.
  2. Ripp_

Ripp_ Now in Smoky Bacon flavour.

I'll get back to you when the preorder arrives

3. Urban Meadows

I just got off the phone from the printing company, all the units will be delivered to my office on the 30th Jan, and shipped same day!

4. Ripp_

If you make me regret this then you are going to be so in for it.

No hugs for you.

On the other hand I am getting so much hype.

Urban Meadows likes this.
  5. Urban Meadows

Oh you are going to like it, in fact.. You're going to LOVE it
    [​IMG]

6. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

When the official release comes round, will you be selling the game in person or only online?

7. Urban Meadows

A large portion of sales will be online, but I will be making the rounds at convention halls to sell them in person (I'll also be selling them by hand to local people and independent gaming shops)

Little Emerald likes this.
  8. Ripp_

Nice to hear
    The postage cost is rather outragous annoying.

9. Urban Meadows

The postage cost is high originally we had postage options, with UK postage being the cheapest and the American shipping being more expensive, but Americans kept buying the UK postage because of the cheaper rate, needless to say I could no longer trust them, there was a large backlash, but I made the prices universal. Sorry for the inconvenience caused

10. Urban Meadows

[​IMG]

The games arrived today! Time to package them :D

11. Ripp_

Bring one to bristol!

12. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

The game is awesome. I got it through this morning. My only question though is how does the armor work, there's nothing in the rules about if from what I've read through.

13. Ripp_

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg-buck

I wont be able to get mine to monday, stuped vilalge recpetion ebing closed on the ws

14. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Played and taught friends how to play... took about 2 hours.. lost track of time but they want another game now we are all properly getting hang of it. We had to come up with our own rules for armor though and are still trying to work out best way to use it.. Without it being silly.

15. Urban Meadows

Blaze! You legend! I agree with the whole "lost track of time" thing, gameplay is very engrossing! The armour rules where accidentally erased from the rulebook, here's the complete version;

Also there's a minor misprint on the item card "mana potion", it should say "mana" instead of "tesla" in the special effect

16. Ripp_

Playing a few games I have found some issues like when playing to a medal goal it can just become a mad rush at the market phase when people realise they have enough gold and items to get the winning amount of medals.

17. Urban Meadows

That's really informative! Do you think it should be removed?

18. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

Had a round of this game last night with Ripp_ and Autumn and loved it to bits! Though I'm always going to be known as the coward of the group after the number of escapes I made! Look forward to hopefully ordering a copy of my own soon :D

Maybe something like a limited amount of sells in the marketing phase to a certain number (for example, only three items can be sold per market phase) or even in an reviewed case it could also be considered one of the three action points to sell an item(though in my own head that seems very extreme) when using medal goals could work! :) - I'm also interested to see a resolution to this as it was exactly how Ripp won last night! :(

19. Urban Meadows

Wow! Thank for the feedback, Magpie :D

Sometimes an easy victory in a game can feel very unfulfilling for all players involved, even the victor. For now I will remove that gamemode from the rulebooks until I have found a better solution.
    If I decide to add it later, I'll include the revised rules in a supplemental rulebook on the website.
    Thanks, guys you are all an amazing help!

Magpie likes this.
  20. Ripp_

They might be other options such as:
    Limiting the amount of items that can be sold each turn
    Limiting the number of medals you can buy each turn
    Make the game continue until you defeat the boss and then tallying medals
    (though this might only work in close games)​
    (though if the game isn't close enough the person might have been going to win anyway)​

A couple of the treasure cards also appear underpowered (at least at first glance, I haven't played enough games where we actually defeat the boss to get a good feel for treasure cards) these are:
    Named Blade "Kusanagi" Which isn't much use on non-pegasi adventures (though +3 combat strength does make it a rather decent wepon)
    And Commander's Soul since fear tests seem rather uncommon.

There might also be an oversight with Cleric unicorns: I'm assuming they only start with magic rank 1 but at current the wording is "[Cleric is] magic rank 1" and unicorn gets "+1 magic rank" meaning Cleric Unicorns start off right away with rank 2.

Next with supporting, for card effects such as the Nagapon Princess' and the Pirate's does using an item, spell or ability to deal instant damage count as "supporting" or do you have to declare support

The rules also seem to overlook that boon cards are discarded after a dungeon, whilst it is written on most of them the boon, companion have their join requrimeants there instead and so lack it.

And finally a PSA for those playing BUCK: Legacy.
    I have noticed that already my cards are showing a lot of ware on the faces, much more than anyone would expect from such cards.
    I believe this to be down to the marker pen, if not cleaned up correctly flakes of ink from wiping the player's info cards can land on other planing cards, when the cards are pressed togther in the deck it causes them to stick together damaging them
    I hence suggest to all players to wipe away from their cards or use something that traps the flakes of ink better.