1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Build-a-Bear Ponies

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by sub, 16 January 2013.

1. sub

sub EQC Co-Founder

Kawen likes this.
  2. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

Yeah i remember them doing that survey a while back.

Lol if it does happen we could arrange a silly excursion for a future cambridge meet.

3. sub

sub EQC Co-Founder

Which would be very awkward because my sister works there. :p

4. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

There's a Build-a-Bear where I live... so I'm liking this idea.

SweetSparkle, Fluxing and Leon K Fox like this.
  5. Spy!

Spy! Especially Khaotic Krew Member

If this does happen, I feel it'll be a race of the bronies to rush in there first and shout "Shut Up and Take My Money!"

6. danspy1994

danspy1994 Sparta Pony

I've never actually heard of build-a-bear being in the UK :p

7. OTill

OTill Who am I?

I remember filling out the servey for this some time last year, awesome to see they're going through with it. It's a shame that the closest build-a-bear is a long journey from where I live in the single most awkward as **** remote location ever.

Doubt I'll ever get one, but it'll still be interesting to see what they're like. If they're any better than the official plushies that we've got then I may be tempted to... Buy one as a gift.

Totally not for myself.

As a gift.

8. Addy

Addy The Last Crusader

There's one in Exeter. From what I can gather, they're a pretty big deal in the States. I figured if we have one down here, they'd be everywhere! I guess I was mistaken! :p More common are the rip-offs, like 'Build-a-Friend' or 'Make-a-Bear' or whatever. I've seen some of them about.

For what it's worth, I would be all over MLP Build-a-Bear. Sounds like a fantastic idea.

9. CupidStrikes

CupidStrikes Surrounded by figures

Oooooh, there's one in Oxford city centre so I'd certainly be hopeful (provided it hasn't closed down by then to make way for a fourth Tesco or something).

10. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

I remember the survey. Don't think I ever filled it in.
    Silly excursion? I'll be planning the whole meet there.

sub likes this.
  11. StarlightComet

StarlightComet Honorary Pony

There's actually quite a few, here's the store locator page for the UK:
    http://www.buildabear.co.uk/aboutUs...ault.aspx?sc_hpan=tabs&sc_hpdr=tabs_locations

Be interesting to see what they come up with. Though as discussed on the previous thread with the survey, I dunno what I'll do about the whole Giving it a Heart ritual thingy they supposedly enforce. :oops: I've also heard some say they can be pricy (never bought anything from there before so no idea).

#11 StarlightComet, 16 January 2013
    Last edited: 16 January 2013
  12. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

I filled in the survey. Really hope this come to fruition. I want a plushy dash or scootaloo or luna.

13. Hironolind

Hironolind is arguing with a lorry.

First thing that popped into my head after reading that line, the bad guy from Temple of Doom, backwards :p

14. CupidStrikes

CupidStrikes Surrounded by figures

Last I was in there, the plushies varied from £9 to I think £16ish? Maybe £20 at most (this may have been the limited edition ones that light up and stuff)? The material seems to be very soft and high quality, too :)

15. sub

sub EQC Co-Founder

Yeah, they're very very good for the price. :D
    Yeah, they do make you kiss the heart before you put it in, you have to say no quite a few times before they let you off the hook.
    It's weird, you can get beating hearts in them too. D:

16. Archer

Archer Derpy's number 1 fan :D

There's a build a bear in Sheffield. If this did happen i would never leave that store lol. I don't care what silly rituals they make me do or how many times i had to do it, i would get some plush ponies damn it lol ^_~

*crosses fingers for a Derpy*

Addy likes this.
  17. Omega Sprinkle

Omega Sprinkle The Adjectiveless

If only I lived in a city with a.. wait a minute! *walks up to counter, slams money on desk* Give me four Twilights, six Fluttershys, eight Raritys, seven Pinkie Pies a Rainbow dash and as many Applejacks as you can fit into this comically large burlap sack! And don't skimp on the hats!

18. StarlightComet

StarlightComet Honorary Pony

Haha I know what you mean. I'm imagining it too now.

Not too bad then. Hopefully these will be a regular offering they'll have rather than a limited thing.

So if I say some slightly changed lyrics from "Theres No Limit" I should be good? :D
    "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no ,no ,no, no there's no way I'm doing that!"

sub likes this.
  19. Ember

Ember I want a flugelhorn!

I did the survey for it months ago, nice to see they're actually going ahead with it.
    Now to see how they'll actually look in their final state, looking forward to it.

20. TurboJ

TurboJ Pony

I really hope they do them justice. Given how good their Angry Birds and Hello Kitty toys are, I'm expecting good things (hopefully ponies, not bears themed around ponies).
    I may not live near a Build-A-Bear (nearest is in Bristol), but I go to London once every few months and I often go to Hamley's when I'm there. Let's hope they get them over here.