1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Build-a-Bear Ponies

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by sub, 16 January 2013.

1. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

That cape looks like it fell out of a 60s time warp :eek:

Apropos of the 80s look, I've now got models made for the earrings, hair slides and the little badges to go on the neckerchief. Can't really work on the bangles until I actually have her in hand and know how big to make them.

It pleases me that the orange filament I'm planning to use is a very, very 80s shade (ie. visible from orbit) :p

Somerset Cider and Oilyvalves like this.
  2. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I look forward to seeing some picture of this get-up. :)

3. Irregular Apocalypse

We're going to do the cheerleader look as well, it's just that the 80s thing requires considerably less 'setup' time, 3D-printing notwithstanding ... plus it's suitably daft that it'd be stupid not to do it :p

Just need to get some fabric for the neckerchief (SWMBO is taking care of that - fabric and the like is her thing) and I may see if I can get some suitably coloured baby socks in Primark or somewhere like that to do for her legwarmers.

Somerset Cider and Oilyvalves like this.
  4. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

I would be interested in a cheerleader outfit if you feel like making two.

5. Irregular Apocalypse

It won't be me making the cheerleader outfit - giving me a needle and thread is asking for trouble; I'm dangerous enough with a soldering iron without throwing actual Pointy Objects into the mix as well.

That being said, I shall make it known that there's potential for a third outfit - I have been tasked with scoping out ribbons and whatnot when I head into town later on today.

EDIT: And here she is ... lousy phone pic, but you get the idea. She's really rather lovely.

49896582_10156719179681636_4599294999123722240_n.jpg

#2485 Irregular Apocalypse, 7 January 2019
    Last edited: 7 January 2019
    Somerset Cider likes this.
  6. Golden Star

Golden Star Formerly ChrisDilke

Oilyvalves likes this.