1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Build-a-Bear Ponies

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Help, 16 January 2013.

1. brucecore dazzle

brucecore dazzle Plastic pony painter!

My BAB only had a weird sparkley sound - no theme tune, gutted, totally would have added that. I also paid for a cupcake scent that they seemingly forgot to add :(

Might still go back for a Rainbow Dash.

2. Cendaquenta

Went to the Edinburgh BAB today and bought both Pinkie and Dash. They are ah-may-zing. Absolutely huge, very soft and cuddly, high-quality. Seems to be some sort of issue with their hair, though, as a chunk of Dash's tail came out soon after I got her home. Didn't bother with the sound, but Pinkie got a cupcake scent put inside her, which prompted a discussion about a certain fanfic... (By the way, I'm not sure if the scents are worth it - I can't really smell anything.) I found a brony staff member, had a great conversation with her, and ended up giving her about a dozen of my spare blind bags. Recommended this site to her, hopefully she'll check it out. Really awesome trip.

3. Corydora

Corydora Pony

Apparently the gf and I were the first brronies into the Leicester store, at about one pm - surprised me! Then again I'm not sure how many of us there are here... (even less than actual home, which is Aberystwyth!) It was a pony day.... all bar three W7 BBs, a couple of duplicate W6s (we're picky - Trixie had a blob of white paint on her cheek, and Fluttershy's tail was all messed up. Don't even get me started on the disaster area that is the entirety of Mosely Orange...), the latest pony magazine (not the comics, we're subscribed) that came with a nifty tin and a plastic ring (which I gave to the gf over lunch, whilst asking her to be my special somepony), and the three easily-found thee-sets. We may have a little bit of a problem...

CupidStrikes likes this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Scottish Pegasister

Haha was she wearing a Rainbow Dash T-shirt? I also saw her today XD

5. Big Harry

Big Harry Unofficial Epic Poet

I was really disappointed when I bought mine by the lack of brony activity. I'd been hoping (if I'm honest) to get at least one brohoof out of my trip. It was in Basingstoke, and I asked the guy serving me if there had been lots of bronies in today. He shook his head and said "no, it's been really quiet today."

Oh well, maybe Basingstoke is not a brony hub (if you'll pardon the unintentional pun).

6. Corydora

Corydora Pony

Leicester was sadly brony-free also. Have a cyber-brohoof /)

7. Apocalyptic_Unicorn

I would've gone down to BAB Leicester today, but I has no money D:

8. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

I'm going to be heading down to the Southampton BaB tomorrow, hopefully pick up a Dashie. Then i'm gonna shave her and replace her hair. :|

ParsleyParsnips likes this.
  9. Bravehoof

Bravehoof Former Leader & Founder of The Guildford Bronies.

I'm heading to BaB Kingston tomorrow. Bit nervous as I'm going on my own, but hopefully it will go well and I'll get my Dashie and Pinkie, as well as their outfits, SQUEE!

10. Moonbrony

Moonbrony Fluttershy's husband

Me and Hurricane were the first people in the Leicester store today. I was waiting outside for 45 minutes before they opened and I got the first one :)

11. Big Harry

Big Harry Unofficial Epic Poet

Thanks very much, have one back! (\

12. CupidStrikes

CupidStrikes Surrounded by figures

Post photos if you do! ...Would you consider offering a hair replacement service?

13. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

I'd be more than happy to, if it all goes ok :p

ParsleyParsnips and CupidStrikes like this.
  14. Tamsin

Tamsin Gotta work for change x

Got my dashie & cape yesterday , the capes are £10 for anyone interested :)
    Picking up pinkie on friday when my vouchers have arrived

15. Corydora

Corydora Pony

The lass who stuffed our ponies for us must have not been in then, I guess. 45 minutes - that's some dedication!

16. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Pony

Daaamn, £10? I really wanted Pinkie and her dress but ten quid is a bit much, surely?
    Ah well, I'll probably still get it..

And my wig came today! So tempted to walk into town, drag my bf along after he finishes work, get changed and waltz in as Pinkie Pie!

17. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

Have they confirmed whether these are a limited run or not? ^^; I've not been keeping track, it seems.

18. CupidStrikes

CupidStrikes Surrounded by figures

I emailed them yesterday but so far no answer. Could anyone who goes ask? I'm not going until Saturday, and hoping that Oxford still has Dashie in stock.

19. RainbowBandit

RainbowBandit Resident Fangirl

Thought I'd share a pic of my brand new BAB Rainbow Dash in her finest gala attire!
    [​IMG]
    She's so lovely, gotta do something with that hair though...

Cadance89 likes this.
  20. Sallee

Sallee Recognised Pony

Just been to cambridge today with my mum went into the Build a Bear around 11ish and it wasn't very busy(only about one little girl was stuffing a Pinkie Pie plush in front of me no one else I saw in there was buying an MLP plush).I must say the staff were extremely friendly and I even did the heart ritual(first time I ever done this lol). Bought Rainbow Dash and her cloak.
    Overall a pleasant experience. When going back towards the train around late 2ish I noticed the BAB got busy around then.
    No Brony encounters though...