1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Everfree camping for the brave

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Mista Squishy, 31 March 2014.

1. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

( OOC Not really any rules other than the obvious: no gore, no sexual scenes, and no swearing
    Enjoy I guess :p )

Night orb had finished pinning up a flyer on the bill board outside the camping office on the boarder to ponyville and the everfree forest, it read:

Extreme camping trip in the everfree forest
    Only for the bravest of ponies may apply

The stallion headed towards the camping office and sat on the bench outside, picked up his coffee and lay back to relax, waiting for applicants.

#1 Mista Squishy, 31 March 2014
    Last edited: 31 March 2014
  2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Ember had been living in a tree for the last month. Needless to say the 'extreme' camping trip was evidently not going to be extreme at all. Ah, well, she had nothing better to do, and company was Good with a Capital G when ravenous beasts were about. Nothing a crossbow bolt between the eyes couldn't fix, though, on the terms of beasts. Walking up behind the stallion she saw putting it up, she (quite bluntly) asked him, "In what way will this be extreme? I will come on the conditions that I sleep in the trees and the army of young, reckless stallions this will attract sleep on the ground. If they make too much noise, then the consequences are their fault."
    Indeed, Ember (what with all her lethal looking equipment and cast iron frying pan) was confident that nothing this pony could throw at her would even faze her. There was a bit of an awkward silence, and she waited for a reply.

3. Java

Java Coffee pony. Former UKofE Admin.

"You call that coffee?!"
    Java was sitting on the bench beside Night Orb, gazing over his shoulder into his coffee cup with a confused look about her.
    She shook her head fiercely and tutted, "No, no no no, THIS is coffee!" Java swiftly grabbed Night Orb's mug and emptied its contents onto the ground. She then retrieved a flask from her bag, and poured him a new drink. "Can't rightly go on a camping trip without a proper brew, now, can we?" She grinned, it was becoming all too obvious that she had had far too much caffeine herself.
    "So why are you here? What made you come along?" Java pried. "I'm here because I think it's all a bit over-the-top! I mean, I live and work in a trailer, myself, that's camping, right? I've been doing this my whole life! What could possibly go wrong?"

4. Mista Squishy

Night Orb looked to the gray mare who seemed to lack basic socially skills and grunted in approval,

"sure, if a jaguar gets ya it ain't my fault and as for the 'how is it extreme?' well... it's the everfree forest, it's full of Timber wolves, Rockodiles and..."

before the stallion could finish he noticed that his coffee had disappeared from his grasp, ironically there was a coffee coloured mare sat next to him who had pinched his coffee and poured it into the dirt, the stallion gave a deadly stare towards the coffee killing mare, he was about to give her a piece of his mind when she presented a new cup of coffee to him she prompted for him to try it and so he took a sip

"holy... i... it's... I've never tasted a coffee as good as that ever before! where did you get it?"

Night Orb turned his full attention to the coffee coloured mare and was savoring the new coffee she had given him,

"I'm Night Orb by the way, I run the camping lodge with my grandson... yeah, it's a long story"

5. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken was hiding behind the camping office debating whether to go and sign up or not. Frankly she was a bit scared of the big ponies (especially the one with the frying pan) but she really really wanted to go camping in the forest.

After a few more moments of dithering the young filly stepped out of the shadows by the house and totted tentatively over to the big blue stallion. Praying that he was the one in charge.

"um...excuse me"

Raiken's voice dissolved into barely more than a whisper

"could I sign up please?"

6. Java

Java smiled at the white stallion "Glad you like it! You know, I'm kinda into camping myself" she hesitated, all of a sudden realising how silly she might sound if she continued, but also how awkward she would feel if she stopped "You know, in the city, in my lil' trailer..."
    Java decided to try and change the subject before she was accused of being a 'scaredy-cat' and 'clueless about the outdoors'.
    "So, what activities do you have planned for this trip you've planned?"

7. Mista Squishy

Night Orb was caught off guard by what the coffee coloured mare had asked,

"Um.... well... it depends on what you mean by 'Activities'.... we may go for a hike later on in the trip before we pack up and head back, do some bird watching that's about all i can think of... it's pretty much what you make it, all my camping trips are what the attendees make it"

Night Orb looked to the mare awaiting a reply when a small voice came from behind him asking if they could sign up, the Captain turned to face the pony behind him and to his surprise it was a gray filly, she looked very nervous and timid,

"uh.... sure you can sign up, are your Parents or Guardians here?"

8. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken went bright red. She cursed herself silently for not having realised that she might be too young to go alone.

"My... my mum said I could " she mumbled

"Do I have to go get her? she's back in Cloudsdale!"

The young filly looked up at the important looking stallion with big blue eyes

9. Mista Squishy

'oh god, the eyes!' Night Orb thought, 'why those eyes!... arg!... fine!'

"well... i guess you can sign up, but as you're a bit young you'll have Timmy looking after you," the stallion looked around searching for Timmy

"If i can find the lil' rascal, ah well, if you just sign this to say that you're attending then we can get started..." Orb looked to the bench behind him for the clipboard that 'was' on there, but it had vanished.

"where's the damn clipboard!" The Captain heard some panting from behind a nearby tree along with some light growls, the stallion went to investigate the noises

"HA! found ya, you damn misfit!" It was Timmy his pet timber wolf playing with the clipboard rolling it around in his paws whilst lain on his back.

"gimme that you fool," Night Orb took the clipboard from the timber wolf who tried to give him puppy dog eyes "ah shush, you're not gonna get off that easily, now come on you need to meet someone" he trotted over to the filly with Timmy on his back.

"this here is Timmy, he'll keep you company for the trip, don't worry he doesn't bit, he's just a big softy ain't ya?" The wolf tilted his head and poked out his leafy tongue and his tail began to wag.

10. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Having just finished signing the form, Raiken looked up and saw the wolf. She froze. He was so cute...but scary.

Putting on her best smile the young filly went over and reached a tentative hoof out to pat Timmy.

"hi Timmy...um..." Raiken realised how soft the wolf's fur was and grinned

"Nice to meet you I'm Raiken...wow you're such a good boy" she giggled delightedly

11. Mista Squishy

"well.... he seems to like you," Timmy jumped off Orbs back and lay next to the little filly,

"you know, i think you're small enough to ride him" the Captain let out a chuckle

"right, I've got to tend to these other ponies, why don't you get familiar with Timmy in the mean time." Night orb walked back over to the coffee coloured mare and handed her the clipboard

"you wanna sign up ma'am?" he said with a slight smile on his face from the cute encounter he just experienced.

#11 Mista Squishy, 11 April 2014
    Last edited: 5 May 2014
  12. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken nodded and sat down contentedly next to Timmy, gently scratching him behind the ears, oblivious to the other ponies

13. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

Trix and Trixie were sat outside the Ponyville bakery which looked like it had been made from the baked goods they sold. Despite the fact they'd bought a dozen cupcakes, two of which they were currently munching on, they were not in the best of moods.

“What happened in there?” Trix asked her sister, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

“Hell if I know” Trixie answered as she pulled out a bottle of hot sauce and examined it “I put way more than enough in her drink, she should have gone through the roof, but she just drank the lot, bounced away and started singing, I mean, since when did ponies randomly burst into song?”

“No idea” she answered as she finished of her cupcake “at least the cakes are nice” she said with a smile “Ok lets review” she said pulling out a clipboard and pencil from her saddlebags, on it was all the pranking they'd done since arriving in Ponyville “The hotsauce was a failure” she said as she crossed it out.

“Not quite” Trixie said with a sly grin.

“What do you m....”

Suddenly a uproar of shouting erupted from inside the shop,

“Gah my tongue!” “Water I need water!” “Oh sweet Celestia, what is this?!”

“That's the cue to leave methinks” Trixie said holding back her laughter.

“Agreed” Trix answered, holding back her own laughter as she stashed the clipboard and they both ran for it.

A few minutes later they both stopped for a breather, “That was awesome!” Trixie shouted as she punched the air.

“Definitely” Trix said as they brohoofed, “you got everyponys drinks didn't you?” She said with a grin.

“You know it!” Trixie said still giggling.

Trix pulled out the clipboard again “Well, you salvaged that” she muttered to herself then started going over the other stuff on the list. While her sister was doing that, Trixie had a look around and noticed a billboard nearby with a single flyer pinned up, intrigued, she walked over to it and read what it had to say, her eyes lit up and she quickly went and dragged her sister of to it.

Trix read the flyer and her eyes lit up the same as her sisters, “You know what this means?”

“Extreme pranking camping trip!” they shouted together as they brohoofed each other. Quick as they could they found their way to the camping office, once there they looked over the ponies already there, both looking for future targets, seeing a dark blue stallion who looked like he was in charge, they trotted over to him.

“Hey, are you in charge here...” Trix started asking

“...cause we totally want in on this extreme camping...” Trixie continued

"...so where do we sign up?” Trix finished with a smile.

#13 Sharpster25, 14 April 2014
    Last edited: 14 April 2014
  14. Java

"Oh! ARGH!" Java sprung awake, after having dosed off for a moment.

She gave a brave and triumphant look before hastily grabbing a pen in her mouth and signing her name, badly, on the clipboard in front of her. She popped the pen away again, and immediately began to look drowsy once more.

15. Mista Squishy

Night Orb raised a brow to the rather drowsy coffee coloured mare..

"you need more coffee, lass"

Night orb turned to these two twins that approached him and asked to sign up, he looked them over, the Captain got a bad vibe from these two and he didn't like it one bit, but it was rude to deny them access to the camping trip just because he got the hibi-da-jebies about them.

"yeah sure, sign here"

16. Aethelberdia

Ember's eyes snapped open; she must have fallen asleep. She immediately looked at the two sly looking fillies who were evidently supressing giggles. Some stories she had heard from the proprietors of various shops about town flicked through her head, most involving two sly looking fillies who often looked ready to bust out laughing.
    Hmm, thought Ember to herself, I guess they JUST MIGHT be the two tricksters.
    Oh, really, thought Ember in response to herself, making her begin questioning her sanity for the first time in a while, there's no need to be sarcastic, Ember.
    She quickly silenced her evil alter ego and decided to sign up for the 'extreme camping trip' which wasn't that extreme seeing as wolves weren't that vicious with knockout toxins coursing through their veins. Look, Ember, said her moral side, we all three of us know that this will only end up with a lot of pain and tears.
    Hah, thought her evil self, don't tempt me.
    "JUST SHUT UP!" Ember screeched, "SHUT UP OR I'LL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM-"
    Oh, crud. What had she done?
    Everypony was staring at her like someone with a terrible disease. Some passersby actually ran off. She looked mad. She probably was mad. What was going to-
    Ember composed herself. It was a one off thing. She was just tired, that was all. She just needed some sleep. She stiffly walked over to the clipboard, signed her name as 'Burning Ashes' and walked into the forest.
    You idiot, said her rational side, now the medical people will want to tie you up and put you in a padded cell. You're falling about all over the place and-
    Oh, just shut up, she thought, and walked towards her hammock.

17. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

Patient being the young Zebra he was following his mother and father steps leading the life of adventure he saw the poster saying about the camping he remember how his mother and father always taken him to camping back home in his kingdom and that why he left to see new places as he walked up to the office seeing all these ponies around "Hello is this where I can sign up for the camping" he said waiting for a replay.

18. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

“Thanks” they both said together, suppressing their giggles at their own brand of fun they planned on having, as they signed their names in turn.

With their names signed up, Trix pulled her sister to one side “inventory check, round the side of the building” she whispered,

“gotcha” Trixie replied, she quickly looked around and noticed they were being watched, she nudged her sister “we're been watched, grey coated mare with red mane 'n' tail”

“I saw her, she's been staring for a while” Trix said without looking “just ignore her, come on” she said as she made her way round the side of the building, Trixie in tow. “Now then” she said as she and Trix took off their saddlebags and emptied out the contents of both between them “what do we have?” She picked up her clipboard and pencil “you read the stuff out, I'll note it all down”

“Ok” Trixie said with a grin as she started reading out each item and placing it back in the saddlebags “we have, 2 joy buzzers, stink bombs, flour bombs, glitter bombs ….how many bombs do we need?”

“you can never have enough” Trix said with a small giggle “keep going”

“Ok, itching powder …..wait” she said as she held up a small plain box “I thought we blew this one up?”

“That was mark 2 remember? This is mark 3” Trix said with a slightly evil grin.

“oooooh, this I can't wait to see” Trixie said as she placed it carefully in Trix's saddlebags “and, ooh, some trick snake cans” she said holding up what looked like 2 cans of potato chips.

“yeah, don't open them, they're so hard to get back in the tins"

“ok and finally ….a rubber chicken” Trixie giggled as she spun it around a few times “its so stupid, but so funny”

“ok stock take complete” Trix said as she slipped the clipboard and pencil into her bags and they both slipped on their saddlebags “lets go scope out the targets” she said with a giggle as they both went back round the front of the building.

19. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

"why did jade want me to come all the way out here?" Eiro asked herself as she walked down the path towards the edge of ponyville still not sure exactly why her friend told her to come out here something about getting some fresh air and a change of scenery Eiro shook her head of the thoughts and continued down the path.

around 10 - 15 minutes of walking she came to a building that she recognized from when she was do her practice laps for the pegasus race that was held in town the year before "the camping office?" she muttered to herself and as she got a bit closer she saw a group of ponies gathered it and then she saw what the sign read "hang on a minute" she said to herself looking at the sign "i get what she meant now" Eiro said with a dead panned expression.

taking a look at the sign it didnt really hold much interest for her but as she was about to walk away she noticed that group that looked to be partaking in the trip particularly two of the mares who looked to be scheming something "huh maybe i should" she said looking back to the office "ive got nothing else to do for a while" she finished as she turned around and returned to the desk signing the paper before flying to the roof to lay down while waiting for it to start.

20. Aethelberdia

Ember slammed her head into a tree a couple times, then decided to go back to the group. Perhaps she could pretend nothing had happened. Doing a kind of wing-assisted leap, she bounced over to the growing party of campers. The two troublemakers were still about. Well, they'd better not try anything on her while she was asleep, or one might end up with a broken neck. She tended to do that when suddenly woken.

The influx of ponies wasn't too bad; at least they weren't all young, thoroughly masculine stallions. Mayhap one of those assembled was a war veteran. Hopefully. Well, better wait for any new developments, thought Ember, and promptly saw a great many young, thoroughly masculine stallions in the distance.
    She was suddenly filled with a desire to introduce the troublemakers to them as soon as possible, if they joined the trip.