1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Everfree camping for the brave

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Mista Squishy, 31 March 2014.

1. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

Patient was seeing all the ponies signing their names on this paper he then singed his name on the paper as he looked around seeing he felt like the odd one out being the only zebra in this group but how ever he said to himself "Remember Patient we are only here for the camping side" as he looked around once more seeing two pony mares looking like they where doing something but he ignored it as he said to himself again "I do feel out of place okay I signed it and that it" as he looked to see who he could introduce himself to.

2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Ember looked to see Patient, a zebra she had met once before, looking rather bewildered.
    "Hey, Patient! How's everything going for you?"
    She walked through the crowd, making her way towards him.
    "Got a house yet?" She asked, as last time she'd met him he'd been looking for a house.
    Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all.

3. James Dark War

Patient heard his name being called out he turned to see it was that nice mare pony who had helped him out on his first day in this town he was glad to see some pony he knew "Hello Ember it good to see you again and yes I did get a house it near the edge of the town i forgot to thank you again for the help you have done for me if there is anything I can do for you in return!" As Patient said to her making his way towards her throw the crowd with a smile in him.

4. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Night Orb teleported up to the roof of the camping office and cleared his throat,

"May i have your attention please!" he waited a moment as everyone quieted down and faced him,

"now before we start the camping trip you will need to get your camping gear:
    • a tent
    • a lantern
    • food supplies
    • a first aid kit
    • a sleeping bag
    • marshmallows
    • emergency flares
    • and Manticore repellent
    that is all, Be back here in three hours time and we will begin, if you have any questions then now is the time to ask me!" the stallion's voice bellowed

Orb jumped off the roof of the cabin and sat on the bench just outside the office awaiting any ponies with questions.

5. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken, having listened intently to what Night Orb was saying looked around confused. Where had all these ponies come from? The young filly was sure they hadn't all been there when she'd started playing with Timmy. And where on earth was she supposed to get a tent from? would she have to share with someone? Raiken gulped, please not the scary one with the frying pan! Anyone but her.
    The grey filly got up from her position next to Timmy and silently padded over to Night Orb

"um...where do I get a tent?" Raiken asked in a small voice

"and um...uh...do i have to share with someone?" she whispered super quietly

6. Mista Squishy

Night Orb gave a reassuring smile to the filly,

"i can get you a spare tent, don't worry" he looked over towards Timmy

"and as for sharing, the only pony you'll be sharing with is Timmy, he'll keep you company and make sure you're safe, if you have any concerns or.... anything really, just come over to my tent and ask, if i'm not there then i'll be at the campfire."

the stallion got up and whistled for Timmy to follow,

"follow me and i'll get the camping gear you'll need" he said to Raiken.

7. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken totted off happily behind Night Orb relieved that her only company would be the lovely Timber wolf.

This whole camping trip is getting fun again! she thought

#27 Raiken, 5 May 2014
    Last edited: 5 May 2014
  8. Mista Squishy

Orb walked into the office and to the storage cupboard in the back of the office and began to rummage through it, throwing things out of the cupboard

"look out!" Orb managed to warn the filly as he created a hurricane of camping supplies and equipment.

"Ah... here we are" He pulled out a large box almost twice the size of him

"in there is all you'll need, i'll just get a saddle bag for it..." he when back into the cupboard and pulled out two sets of saddle bags.

"there, i'll carry half of it for you" he opened the box and packed the saddle bags. He gave the lighter one to the filly and put the heavier one on his back.

"i guess we better wait for the others to return, there's a couch and TV over there if you get bored" The stallion smilled

9. James Dark War

As Patient smiled and said to himself "Great just as well I had gone to me cart before coming here to get my gear like my mother and father has always said be ready for anything well I just wait here for the rest of the group" as he placed his bag down with his things and waited looking at the sky.

10. Aethelberdia

Ember was carrying all of that and more to boot. Like, say, tranquiliser darts, a crossbow, a set of cutlery, and poison. And, of course vast quantities of dried meat. Ember was not a herbivore, or a vegetarian, meaning that even if somepony could accept her fragile sanity they'd have to come to terms with the fact she ate dead animals.
    But no matter, she was prepped and ready to go, and decided to talk a little with Patient, who she hadn't seen in a while. "So, and I'm surprised I haven't asked you this, but where are you from? I was a little confused about someone needing a house all of a sudden and I did wonder where you hailed from and how you came to be here."
    Ember liked hearing stories, despite her innate short attention span, and decided to hear the zebra's. He probably had some interesting things to say.

11. James Dark War

"Well my mother and father has always been on the life of danger and adventure when I was born in the everfree forest they homed schooled me on the knowledge of potion and others we travel on the road going from town to town and other kingdoms when I thought to myself I am not getting any younger so I thought it time to settle down in a quiet town and help others out no matter who they are like my mother and father did you see us zebra have to leave a mark of our life before we pass on so I want to help as many ponies as i can and leave a mark of my life here" he said smiling and placing a brown hat on him sitting down on his bag "So tell me where do you come from" as he wanted to get to know her better and maybe become a great friend to her.

12. Aethelberdia

"Well, I was taken in by a wandering tribe when I was young, so I have no idea. But I'e lived a similar life to you, I've wandered around, but unlike you I generally stay to myself. I just went along, helping anyone I met who was in great need. I generally live in forests etc., so this kind of thing is more like doing what I normally do in the company of a few other ponies." Ember was a bit taken aback at how... boring that made her life sound. She'd always been excited, so much so that it was now normal. She'd once stolen treasure from a dragon, beaten an honest to goodness TANK in hand to hand combat and bent iron bars with her bare hooves. But it all seemed so... commonplace. Perhaps it was time to settle down and stop worrying, and begin the next phase of her life, like Patient had. "The thing is, I have no lasting friends. I always move off, making acquainances but never relationships. Perhaps I should settle down, like you have...." Ember was taken aback at this sudden display of openness, especially as she'd never thought that to herself before. By Ahzamoth, she must be going crazy in her not-that-old age.

13. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

sitting up Eiro listened to what supplies the group was all told to go retrieve for themselves taking not of what they were she decided that she didnt need to retrieve any of it and that should would improvise what she needed when she needed it.
    laying back down on the roof she looked at the few clouds that floated through the sky taking a sigh of relief knowing she wont be needed for weather duty for a while "i hope this little trip wont be dull" she muttered to herself as she closed her eyes to take a little nap.

14. James Dark War

Patient found Ember story was interested about how she was taken in by a tribe and living like him always on the go as he wondered what tribe it was that had taken her especial that part about living in the forest it was uncommon to find that ponies would live in the forest but then again it is weird to find a zebra wanting to live in a town full of ponies "I know the feeling Ember moving from one town to another town trying to make friends and i know it a hard choice to make weather to settle down or not it is up to you now how fun do you think this camping trip would be" he said keeping the smile on him as he wounder if he and Ember could be great friends.

15. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

At the mention of stuff they required for camping Trix pulled out her clipboard again and quickly noted down what the stallion on the roof listed. Once she'd finished writing she reread it a few times then turned to her sister, “I think I saw a camping shop in town earlier, I'll get the the camping supplies from there, you get the food and ….marshmallows, that's oddly specific, meet back here in 3 hours ….try not to cause too much trouble”

“Aye aye cap!” Trixie saluted and dashed off.

Tris sighed at her sisters antics, then suddenly a thought came to mind “Trixie wait!”

She saw her sis slide to a halt in the distance What! she shouted,

“Remember, crakers and chocolate as well!”

She saw Trixie think for a second and then suddenly jump into the airS'mores! Trixie shouted in the distance and then ran off again.

Trix giggled at her sisters antics, looking around she saw a few of the other ponies gathered making their way back into town. 'Hmm, 3 hours ….wonder what trouble I can get up to in that time' she thought with an evil looking grin as she started making her own way into town.

16. Aethelberdia

Ember thought. "I'd say it'd be a heck of a lot of fun, although I can't guarantee much. I'm not exactly the 'party' kind of person." Ember quite liked Patient. His quiet manner and general friendliness without being overenthusiastic was something she quite liked. "Hold on, I'm going to talk to the organiser and see what the plan is."
    Walking over to the small building she poked her head around the door and for her trouble was hit in the face by a sheaf of papers. "Hey! Sir! Old guy! What exactly are we doing on this trip and do you know what you're doing? No offence, but you don't look like the 'camping' kind of person to me."

17. Mista Squishy

Orb turned to face the gray, manner-lacking mare in the doorway "that was an inappropriate statement, you should watch your tongue, young one" Orb stopped and thought for a second before speaking again, "wait, have you signed up yet?" his amulet glowed and grasped the clipboard and pen with his magic, hovering it in front of the gray mare.

18. Aethelberdia

Ember remembered that she'd signed up under a false name, putting her in an awkward situation. Evidently the camp-man was not to be trifled with and admitting to doing so would look rather suspect. Suddenly a stroke of inspiration hit her.
    "Yes. My name's Burning Ashes, but people call me Ember, because Burning isn't exactly a popular name choice." Lying came to Ember like second nature and she only felt slightly guilty.

19. Mista Squishy

"hm... yes you are signed up" Orb flicked through the clip board. "well to answer you're question: it's what the campers make it, think if this trip as a blank canvas or a blank journal for you and the others to make your own. the only reason i'm not strict with this camping thing is because in my day job.... it's my job to be strict and bossy, it's nice to spend time away from that and have memorable moments with other ponies where i'm not making their day hell."

20. Aethelberdia

"Memorable moments, my foot," said Ember, emerging around the doorframe into the office proper, "I bet the most eventful thing that'll happen is one of us is mauled by a manticore, and that doesn't count. Still, I appreciate the sentiment." Ember examined Night Orb. Tall, broken horn, muscular, shaven beard, cutie mark with a shield. "Although I wouldn't expect sentiment from the captain of the Royal Luna Guard. My friend Fethery tells me you're a bit of a backbreaker."