1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Everfree camping for the brave

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Mista Squishy, 31 March 2014.

1. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Orb smirked and chuckled "not in my spare time, unless it's needed"

He walked over to his desk and sat down, picked up his worn scratched helm, of which the plumage's colour was fading and carefully placed it over his head, wearing the old, battle-filled, magnificent helm.

"back in my old adventuring days, about thirty years ago now, i was very strict and impulsive, i hadn't met Trench then." Timmy walked in and sat up on the sofa next to the young filly who was over seeing the exchange of words, Orb continued "and i'd only just found Timmy in the northern spruce wood just below the northern pole as only a pup, at the time. but i used to be quite the ambitious reckless and foolish stallion, much like my grandson now" He removed the helm with his magic and placed it back onto the desk "but not as much as he his" He chuckled again and lent back into his chair. "look at me, talking as if i'm in my twilight years... when i still have another 120 years to live"

2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"Aging disorder, I guess. You old codger, pretending to be a youngster at your age." Ember chuckled. She wasn't duly awestruck by this revelation, as she'd seen a lot weirder. "Although you realise you'll outlive your grandson, friends, and the rest of your family, to die miserable and alone. Damn," said Ember, sinking onto a chair, "you really do need this kinda thing. I once met somepony who was immortal (long story) and the pain had driven them mad. Poor guy." Ember was not the most optimistic mare.

3. Mista Squishy

"yup, it's sad but i've already outlived my son" Orbs eye's turned from the hard firm but fair father figure, to soft, pained and weak eye's. "My grandson never got to see much of his parents, they died together... leaving me being his carer." He looked over to the grey filly on the couch with Timmy, still talking to Ember "i've always tried to keep anything negative from getting to him, in a way i'm glad i'll out live him, he won't have to see me die." there was a long silence before Orb took a deep breath and pulled himself together.

4. Aethelberdia

"Well whoop-de-doo, ain't you a barrel of laughs. And what's all this about not letting negative things get to him? He'll be as mentally unstable as a crazy jellyfish if anything bad happens." Ember was thoroughly ticked off that a stallion could be so foolish. "Look, let the guy face the world. He doesn't need anyone to look over his shoulder. For somebody so old you're surprisingly dull."

5. Mista Squishy

Orb glared at Ember, "keep good hold on your tongue..." The stallion went back to his iron hided exterior again, "or someone will hold it for you."

Orb got up and walked outside, teleported onto the roof and lay waiting to see if the rest of the group were on their way back. He saw Eliser walking down to the Office with a joyfull spring in her step, carrying a rather large rucksack over her shoulder.

6. Aethelberdia

Ember tried very hard not to laugh and managed not to by sheer force of will. It was pathetic really, someone of his prestige bogged down by worry for a loved one.
    Silently giggling, Ember walked out of the office, saw a minotaur, and walked right back in. She had no desire to meet a hideous creature that could crush her in one hand.

7. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken watched the comings and goings of the many strange camping folk with interest. There were quite a few giant rucksacks wondering around and she wasn't sure why they all needed so much stuff...
    Maybe they all had special older pony or non-shy-pony stuff they needed to bring? The grey filly sighed. Maybe this camping trip thing hadn't been such a great idea at all.
    She patted Timmy again trying to stay calm and then she spotted a pony (Raiken thought she'd heard her being called "Ember" but couldn't quite remember) desperately trying not to laugh.
    This being a funny sight in itself Raiken couldn't quite hide her smile

8. Aethelberdia

Ember saw a grey filly put of the corner of her eye, trying to hide a smile. She'd always had a soft spot for children, or at least she didn't needlessly antagonise them. However, she wasn't too good at talking to them and generally ended up sounding slightly creepy. Nonetheless there wasn't much else to do inside the office so she turned to the filly and smiled.
    "You're an adventurous one, aren't you? I don't often see kids your age doing this kind of thing. What's your name, anyway? I'm Ember." Ember extended her hoof to shake, a rather formal greeting but one of the few she knew how to pull off.

9. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken blinked down at the hoof that had been put in her sightline. Then realised that she was meant to shake it and shook Ember's hoof a little bit flustered.
    "Hello Miss Ember, I'm Raiken" she whispered in a terrified voice "please don't hit me with the your frying pan"
    She clutched Timmy closer for comfort, The big mare hadn't seemed so scary from far aways...and she had been laughing, ponies were more friendly-seeming when they were laughing Raiken decided.
    She stared at Ember who was now terrifyingly close and gulped.

Mista Squishy likes this.
  10. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

Trix trotted out of the camping store she'd seen earlier, a smile on her face and her saddlebags weighed down with all the camping gear that had been listed save for a two pony tent which was to big and was therefore strapped across her back. Taking a look around she suddenly heard a muffled 'Kaboom!' which made her jump and sent her into a mild panic “Oh please for the love of Celestia, tell me that wasn't...” she muttered as she rooted through her bags “Damnit Trixie” she said when she saw the mark 3 'Party Time' was gone.

“Ugh, time to go find my idiot of a sister” she said angrily. As if on cue, bearing a panicked expression and galloping as fast as she could, Trixie rounded the corner at the end of the street, closely followed by a mob of angry and ...sparkly ponies. Trix facehoofed, she looked around and noticed an alleyway next to the camping shop, she waved franticly at her sister “Follow me!” she shouted and pointed towards the alley. Without wasting any more time she darted down it and was confronted by a wall at the end a about twice as tall than herself 'No problem' she thought as she speed up and, without breaking stride, wallran up the side, just managing to get her fore-hooves over the top, she quickly pulled herself up and vaulted over, landing on the other side in a cloud of dust. Trixie landed next to her a few seconds later.

“Come on, we're not out of the woods yet” Trix said as she pulled her sister up and started running again through the maze of back alleys, a few minutes of running later they turned a corner and saw an exit onto a street, as they got close a lone town guard stepped into view blocking their escape.

“Stop right there criminal scum!” he shouted “I'd like a word with....” he started.

“Fat chance” Trixie said as she hurled a flour bomb at him which hit him straight on his nose and engulfed him in a white cloud, They both quickly ran past him and disappeared into the streets.

Once she was sure they were clear Trix pulled her sister to one side “What in the name of Tartarus did you do?”

Trixie held back a laugh “It was market day, though it looked a little plain so I thought I'd liven it up”

Trix facehoofed “Do you remember what I said before we split up?”

Trixie shrugged in response.

“To not cause to much trouble?” She said slowly as if talking to a young filly

Trixie looked thoughtful for a moment “Define 'To much'?” she asked

“I...ugh, we'll talk about this later, did you at least get what I asked you to?” Trix asked as she started walking.

“Yep” Trixie said as she bounced along next to her.

After a few minutes of walking Trix let a sly grin appear on her face “So ...how big was the explosion?”

“Oh it was our best one yet! I think it covered the entire market square in glitter” Trixie said excitedly.

“Cool” Trix said and they both started giggling as they headed back to the camping office.

11. Aethelberdia

Ember could see that her attempts were failing and decided to give talking normally a try. "Whoa, no sweat. I'm not going to, say, drown you in a pool of your own blood. I'm a nice person, really. Just tend to say the wrong thing a lot." Ember leant backwards, attempted to toss her hair back, and instead ended up with a crick in the neck. "Oh, hell. Just what I needed. So, Raiken, why're you here?" Ember paused. "...do you prefer this or was I doing OK with the cutesy voice?"

#51 Aethelberdia, 30 November 2014
    Last edited: 30 November 2014
  12. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

After seeing Ember's speedy change of personality Raiken smiled.
    She was less scared now that she could Ember had just been trying to be nice
    "No its okay, your normal voice is fine...Ember" Raiken said in a much stronger voice, placing Timmy on the ground gently.
    "I'm here coz I want to go camping and see loads of animals!" she exclaimed excitedly
    "and I've gotta prove to my mum that I'm not a little kid anymore!"
    Raiken looked very proud of herself for admitting this quite so loudly
    " what...what about you?"She queried, slipping back into her customary whisper

13. Aethelberdia

"I want to see how, ah, normal ponies find camping. I kinda wander the wilderness and I've spent most of my life travelling." Ember was pleased to see Raiken wasn't entirely terrified of everything. Ponies with spine were hard to find in Equestria. "Yeah, it's my special talent, y'know?" Ember's one-time language tutor was probably turning in his grave at her use of the slang 'y'know' but she'd never been one for rules anyway.

14. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken grinned deciding she liked Ember even more now. She was waaayyy nicer without her frying pan.

"I'm not sure I can help you there..." Raiken stated thoughtfully

"I'm not that normal...or maybe I'm really normal and everyone else is just super exciting...I'm not sure" she looked up at Ember with an excited expression in her vibrant blue eyes.

"you said traveling, where did you travel? Were there and pretty storms there?"
    then realising that might be a bit of a weird speech-jump she added

"I really like big storms...ya know those ones with lots of lightning?"
    she smiled to herself imagining a super-big storm

"I used to watch them loads with my little sister but they look a bit weird from clouds dale...sorta upside-down"
    and then after another moment a very small voice said:

"can I share a tent with you? I'm kinda scared of the dark?"

15. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

Patient walked up to were Ember was as he saw another pony talking to her he hasn't really brought anything only a sleeping bag he loved sleeping in the open fresh air as he thought it might be a good time to say hello he only hopes that the pony will not freak out seeing a red and black strip zebra.

Hello there my name is Patient" he said with a smile on him.

16. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken saw the brightly striped Zebra coming towards her and Ember out of the corner of her eye.
    Wow, she thought. Theres something you don't see everyday...I wonder if he's nice?
    She saw him smiling and came to the conclusion that not-nice scary people didn't smile so he was probably ok
    Raiken took a deep breath and turned towards Patient:

"Hi...I'm Raiken..."

she looked straight at him

"You don't look like a normal zebra"

Then realising that might sound really REALLY rude she quickly added

"Ah...You look fine I just....uh..." Raiken mentally berated herself, she was digging a big hole "...I've only ever seen zebras like Zecora..." she finished lamely, shuffling her hooves from side to side not wanting to look at either Patient or Ember

17. James Dark War

Patient smiled he wasn't insulated by her comment he knew she never meant anything by it "it okay I get that a lot I really can't explain but it comes from my mother side of the family were her family are among the wise of the Zebra kind were they hold knowledge long lost my father is a normal zebra as well wise in medication and so on and were do you come from if i may ask" he asked her nicely.

18. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken just stared at Patient for a minute, a small smile slowly dawning on her face as she realized he hadn't taken offense at her mistake. She also noticed he spoke kinda old-fashioned-ey like something out of a book.

"I'm from Cloudsdale, I'm still in school but I've got a holiday today so I wanted to come camping with some other ponies show I'm all big and brave now"

She trailed off slightly at the end and looked back down at her hooves

"well at least a little bit braver"
    Raiken didn't really know what to say next so she stuck to what she knew worked...sometimes

"Um...why did you come camping Mister Patient?"

19. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

After a bit of walking and getting lost a few times, the camping office came into sight, “Ha, told you I knew where we were going” Trixie said triumphantly.

Trix facehoofed “You took us to the damn library first” she pointed at the camping office “it doesn't even look like that, I think you gave the poor librarian a heart-attack” she sighed “anyway this stuff's quite heavy, lets just drop it off and...”

“Scope out targets?” Trixie interrupted

“...No, introduce ourselves is what I was gonna say” Trix smiled “Scoping comes later”

“Fine then” Trixie pouted as they both approached the building. Trix dumped all the camping equipment close by the entrance, sat with it and closed her eyes, hoping for at least a few minutes quiet ….she had no such luck.

Hearing a sharp intake of breath, Trix opened an eye a crack just in time to hear her sister shout above the general chatting of the other ponies, “Aloha Amigos!” the chatting stopped “My name is Trixie, that pony there, who is currently staring daggers at me” she pointed at her sister “is my twin sis Trix, and we're here to ...Gah!” a rogue rubber chicken had hit her square in the muzzle and knocked her off her hooves.

Trix trotted over and, laughing to herself, retrieved the rubber chicken she'd thrown and helped her giggling sister to her hooves “Heh, the chicken never gets old” Trixie muttered with a smile as she was pulled to her hooves.

“You'll have to excuse her”
    she said loud enough for everypony to hear “she can be...” she glanced at her still giggling sister “...Excitable”

20. James Dark War

As he thought on that question really hard "I guess it would have to be from my childhood my mother and father never staid in our home land of the zebra we were always on the move from towns to towns traveling under the stars sleeping out in the wild helping others and living on the adventure life of not known what could come around the corner".

Then something caught onto him "Does your mother knows your here doing this camping" he asked her seeing how she mentioned that she was still in school.