1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Can Anyone Help Me Find Star Trek References

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by DrWhooves, 4 May 2014.

1. DrWhooves

DrWhooves Pony

OK, if I had a scanner this would be easier.

Discord is voiced by John De Lancie, who played Q in Star Trek. Now Q appeared in the very first episode of Star Trek The Next Generation and over the course of several years built up this cult following.

Discord appears to be very closely linked to Q in many respects....they both share similar attributes and it's even possible - given Q's own words in Star Trek before - that he COULD have been both Discord and Q at the same time, somewhere.

Anyway....in #2 of the My Little Pony comic Friends Forever there's a story in which Discord tries to help the Cutie Crusaders get their badges. He finds himself on the bridge of the Enterprise, dressed in the Fairpoint costume, while one of the ponies quotes a line from that episode uttered by Patrick Stewart.

I'm trying to find .jpg of that image but also attempting to find any other examples of crossovers that might exist where Discord might have referenced a familiarity which the Star Trek Universe

Pony X likes this.
  2. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

Parasprites are tribles from Trouble with Tribles in the Original Series. They both eat everything, and both reproduce as soon as they find food. Also characters from both series find their respective creature cute or adorable.

Also in Issue 9 of the main series MLP comics, A Spock and Kirk pony are spotted talking to a follower of Landru as a reference to Return of the Archons.

In Issue 11, a poster for "Star Trot II" with a picture of the Enterprise on it (this is alongside Bridle Runner and Haylander). In Issue 12, a model Enterprise is spotted on top of a bookcase in Shining Armor's bedroom.

Pony X and DrWhooves like this.
  3. lighthawk

lighthawk Well-Known Pony

Do you mean this one?:

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2014/...spoiler-colon-comic_opalescence_star+trek.png

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2014/...s_q_spoiler-colon-comicff2_actor+allusion.jpg

Spoilers for those who haven't read the comics yet. :p

DrWhooves likes this.
  4. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

I have these pictures from the issues I mentioned. uploadfromtaptalk1399208122446.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1399208137061.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1399208168631.jpg

Robshi, Silvermoon and lighthawk like this.