1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Carnival at the Crystal Empire

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Eiro, 28 May 2013.

1. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

figured id try and help give this section of the forum a little more activity

"come on Eiro cheer up" Ferrah said to Eiro will poking her as they both got off the train.
    "do you mind" Eiro responded flatly with her eyes only half open, she wasn't overly thrilled with her friend for keeping her awake on the train with her snoring.
    "somepony is grumpy" Ferrah snickered "the carnival is only a day away you know" she said stopping and looking back to Eiro, Ferrah had been to excited to arrive that she had not noticed Eiro looked like a wreck with her mane and tail being all over the place "wow you clearly didnt sleep well, i know just where to take you" she smiled.
    Eiro said looked back to Ferrah worryingly knowing just what her friend was referring, and her attempts to flee were halted by Ferrah catching Eiro by her tail.
    "a good trip to the spa will do you a world of good, after all we do have a day to kill" she said, before dragging the sleepy pegasus to their first stop of the day.

#1 Eiro, 28 May 2013
    Last edited: 28 May 2013
  2. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

As the young Zebra Patient was on the train he couldn't help over hearing two voices on the train as he heard about them going to the same place as him the carnival. he was still new to this land of Equestria and other kingdom because this was the first time being out of his own land he thought to himself "Mm I wonder if they could help me get to know the place a lot better".

As he went up to them and spoken in a friendly way "Hello I am new here and I was wondering if one of you two miss ladies could help me find my way around this kingdom I would love that very much if you could".

3. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

As the train stopped, Romero was daydreaming of what a nice calm relaxing vacation at the Crystal Empire would do for his well-being. Just getting away from the stress at home was a blessing, and going somewhere without intent on selling something or making money was a welcome change. A true vacation was something he hadn't done in years.

"Ay man, the train stopped!" called Risky, Romero's faithful friend and companion. "I know that, fool!" Romero quickly snapped back. Risky had asked to come on this trip. His antics could sometimes be a burden, and Romero had planned for a peaceful escape from home. But he had paid his own way, so he really didn't have much too complain about. At best, he had a friend to spend some time with if all else failed.

"You move like an ol' mare, you know that?" Risky said while grinning wide back at Romero while he gathered his things. This is gonna be a long week... Romero thought to himself. I don't know if I can put up with him on my own. Romero looked back at Risky who was still smiling at him. "Did you pack up your whole living room or what?" said Risky sarcastically. "You look like a teenage filly with all that junk!" Risky preceded to laugh. He was really getting on Romero's nerves and was about to say something as Risky collected his gray cart as they left the train. Then it hit him. Risky literally brought everything he owned. All he had to his name was in the cart, and it had been that way for as long as he'd known him. Risky had no real home, and slept wherever he could find room -- sometimes in the streets. For Risky to remain happy, optimistic, and friendly (for better or for worse) was a mystery to him. It must be a real relief to him to sleep on a nice hotel mattress for a change. If it's anypony who needs this vacation, it's Risky.

"Why you bringin' dat cart for, anyway?" Romero asked with a softer tone of voice.

"Oh, just because we on holiday doesn't mean I can't make a few bucks now can't I?"

"C'mon Risky! We're supposed to leave that behind us this week. Do you even know what vacation means?"

"Ay man, you can vacation your way and I'll vacation my way. Can you dig it?" Risky smiled back at him, bigger that ever. He raised his eyebrows almost comically, trying to get Romero to see things his way. Let him do what he wants... Romero thought. He deserves it.

"Sure, my good man. Sure."

#3 Rare80, 6 June 2013
    Last edited: 6 June 2013
  4. Darkhunn

Darkhunn AKA Darkmetal, the Easygoing one

5. James Dark War

As Patient was lost he had no idea where this carnival was about in this nice city he spot a group of ponies that might help him as he walked up to them "Hello i was wondering if you could help me out i am looking for the carnival and i have no idea where it is if you could help me out here that would be so great" he waited for a replay

6. Eiro

while being dragged down the street after leaving the station Eiro noticed a Zebra asking around for the location of the carnival due to begin the next day "the carnival is on the street just below the palace" Eiro called with a yawn pointing to the towering structurer that was the crystal palace, she then looked to Ferrah who seemingly hadnt even noticed any other pony since they arrived 'thats just typical why does she always get a one track mind while trying to drag me to the spa' Eiro sighed and began to scan the crowd of ponies leaving the station one of which she recognized which was Romero but she didnt know the pony with him, although she was to tiered and to busy being dragged off to go greet him.

#6 Eiro, 19 June 2013
    Last edited: 20 June 2013
  7. James Dark War

As Patient saw the huge palace he was glad that some pony had been kind enough to help him out "thank you so much for helping me out well I leave you now and hope to see you soon either that at the carnival or some place else my name is Patient and thank you again" as Patient left him alone and walked off down the streets toward the palace as he couldn't wait to see all the wonderful new things he might find.

8. Darkhunn

As the train pulled out of the station, away from the crystal empire, Tweak sat and watched it disappear, wondering what to get up to at the carnival.
    "Maybe I could sell some of my gizmos!" he thought out loud, attracting worried looks from the other ponies at the station. "Let's have a look-see what I brou- oh, horseapples!! I've left my case on the train!"
    He sunk to the ground, and began to sulk.

After a suitable amount of time sulking, he decided to ask the nice people at the train station to see if they could help fix this whole bag situation for him...
    ..."Tomorrow?! You won't be able to get it back until tomorrow?!"
    "I'm afraid so, sir..."
    Tweak decided to have a quick sulk before setting off for the carnival and trying to have some fun.
    He pulled a little blue device from one of the pockets on his coat- At least his flugelhorn-detecting-device was still with him, or he'd surely get lost in this big city...
    "I'm detecting at least a 7 on the flugometer- this must be the way!" he said excitedly, as he pulled himself up and started towards a large concentration of flugelhorns.

9. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

..."Tomorrow?! You won't be able to get it back until tomorrow?!" Romero saw Risky's ear twitch. A grin overtook his face. "I smell a sap!" Risky whispered gleefully into Romero's ear. Oh no, not this... Risky proceeded towards the unfortunate blue pony pushing his cart in front of him. The pony had his nose in some funky device that looked like a 8-track player. Risky stepped out in front of the pony almost like he had planned the whole thing. He quickly parked his cart. He put his hoof of his forehead, acting like he was in distress. "Oh what cruel fate!" Risky cried out. "All of my necessary essentials needed for daily function hath been lost! What will I do without my shampoo, toothbrush, deodorant, or pet rock?" Oh C'mon Risky, not this... Not the classical approach. Romero rolled his eyes, he'd seen this so many times that he could almost join him in the charade. He won't. He's not that foolish. Risky jumped behind his cart. He popped back up acting like a sailor looking out from a crow's nest. "Hark! What do I see? It's a well-dressed handsome sales-pony with a cart!" He ran a few laps around his cart, ending up in front of it. He spun around, and danced a little jig. "Oh, what blessings doth he bring?! Oh, what joy he begets to anypony lucky enough to share his company!" Romero covered his face with his hoof, he almost couldn't take it anymore. "I tell you surely that he wishes to share his magical bounty. All he asks is that all his potential customer display some genius-ness!"

"That's not even a word..."

"Quiet, fool! Now, a riddle: 'If Sunshine has four apples, and Dewdrop has six. Why don't they just shut up and eat?"

"RISKY!"

"Fine then, a solvable riddle... 'A stallion wishes to go from one end of the capital city to the other and there's some kind of gala-get-together-thing at the royal-estate-palace... or is it a castle? Um... something?" Risky's voice trailed off at the end. He dropped the classical act and continued on. "Look, Canterlot is packed full of ponies an' he wants to get by without nopony seein' him. He ain't a pegasus, so he cant use the clouds or fly around. He ain't a unicorn so he cant use magic. He's alone, nopony can help him. He can't go around the city because that would take too long. He wants to trot straight though the city, without nopony seein' him. How does he do it? Risky quickly got back behind his cart. His eyes wide and with a big grin on his face, he stood. He gently tapped his hooves together hoping for an answer... a wrong answer.

10. Darkhunn

How does he do it?Tweak stared, wide-eyed, at the enthusiastic pony
    Dang,
    he thought, if only I had invented a riddle solving gadget!He stared into the distance, trying to think...
    "uhm, he just walks through?" he hazarded a guess
    "I'm guessing everypony would be at that get-together, just like how there's very few ponies around here right now, due to the carnival?"Tweak shifted awkwardly. He wondered what 'magical bounty' this very friendly fellow was offering!
    And what was that brown stallions problem? His orange friend was clearly just offering help a poor pony in need!

11. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"I'm guessing everypony would be at that get-together, just like how there's very few ponies around here right now, due to the carnival?"

"WRONG!" Risky belted out. "Simply walking through might guarantee few ponies see him, but still somepony will see him. Since your street smarts have failed you we shall let fate decide your fortune." Risky used his magic to pull out three burlap bags, and set them on his cart. "One bag is filled with the essential items needed for a day of travel. Another bag is filled with false items; like a toothpaste tube filled with mustard, a soap bar made of metal,... so on and so forth. The last bag is simply filled with rocks. Each bag is worth 25 bits. You must pay before you open them and NO REFUNDS! Choose wisely!"

12. Darkhunn

"Tw-Twenty five bits?" Tweak replied, taken aback- maybe this pony wasn't as friendly as he seemed... "that's a bit pricey, isn't it? I only brought forty bits with me, and I was hoping to buy some souvenirs and tools while I was here..."
    He paused for a second, looked at the friend of this game-playing pony, then had an idea... "Tell you what- I'll give you 5 bits for the right answer- if I'm satisfied, I'll buy one of your mystery bags, deal?"

13. Eiro

Once Eiro and Ferrah's trip to the spa had ended Ferrah went to the carnival grounds in order to lend a hoof in setting the stands and games up for the next day while Eiro decided to wander to explore the rest of the empire seeing as it was the first time visiting the empire, while she wandered around the streets and towns she found the residents where far more friendly that some of the Canterlot nobles none of which picking her up on her scruffy appearance.
    shortly after she parted ways from Ferrah she found the heat of the sun getting to her and the reflection from the buildings and the coats of the crystal ponies weren't making it any more comfortable, "ugh... sometimes i wish my coat was a lighter color" she chuckled while trying to wipe some sweat from her forehead before remembering there was an ice cream stand on the street that leads to the train station, and with her decision made up she took of in a quick trot towards the station.

#13 Eiro, 4 July 2013
    Last edited: 4 July 2013
  14. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"NO DEAL!" Risky shouted. He sat there and thought long and hard about the situation. He walked up next to the distressed blue pony, and put his hoof around him. He looked distraught and desperate,.. just how Risky liked them. "I think we're both sensible ponies here... I think we can make something happen. How about I charge you 8 bits, and in exchange you give me that little 8-track player there..." Risky pointed to the thing in the blue pony's hoof. Risky wasn't sure exactly what it was, but was willing to take a chance on it. It could be something unique that could be worth more than the 17 bits he a forfeiting for it. Even if it wasn't, it'd be a really good bonk item to sucker some other clueless sap into paying for. It didn't quite look like a piece of junk though, but at very least he could break-even.

15. Darkhunn

"You want my invention?" Tweak gasped "wow, that's kind of like, my first sale! ...sort of!"He was really excited now, even if he had lost his case, he'd finally sell one of his gadgets!
    "Aw, dang, I wish I hadn't have lost my case, I had a bit-counter in there that a fellow salespony such as yourself would have loved!"
    He calmed down, and looked at the bags on the cart.
    "Okay, do we have a deal then? I'll give you my flugelscan and eight bits, and I'll take that bag on my right?"
    With any luck, he'd get the useful bag. Failing that, he thought, maybe there's some useful junk for my devices in the joke bag?
    It didn't matter anyway, somebody wanted something he created! This day was getting better!

16. James Dark War

Patient saw the same pony that had help him out back at the train station as he walked up to him "Hello again I just wanted to say thank you again if you hadn't help out I wouldn't have been selling my things" as he pointed to a stand where mask and necklace where "and I like to give you anything from my stand as a gift to say thank you for helping me out for free and I will not take no for an answer".

17. Eiro

"well that took longer than expected" Ferrah muttered leaving the hotel that her and Eiro were staying at over night, "ok time to go lend a hoof setting things up" she said smiling before heading into the carnival grounds.

---

as Eiro was heading back down the streets towards the station she heard a somepony speaking to her turning to see the Zebra from the station offering her an item he was selling for free, "uhh" Eiro wasnt exactly sure what to do at that moment she really needed to get something to cool herself after her spa treatment, but she didnt want to be seen as a rude mare looking over the items she wasn't exactly sure what to choose "you know what why dont you decide" she said, and while she waited she sat down and began to tie her mane back in a ponytail to stop it blocking the air to the back of her neck.

18. James Dark War

As Patient was looking over his stand as he got it and went under his stand and had pulled out a brown small box "Here is the perfect thing it called a friendship necklace" as Patient brought out the golden chain with a golden eagle on it as it had it wing out stretched "this means you are willing to defend your friends and that you like meeting new friends this is perfect for you if you want it in the box or do you want to take it the now free of charge or you could have this" he pulled out a small bottle with red liquid in it "this will keep you cool down from the sun when ever you feel hot" as Patient holed out the two items on his hoof .

19. Eiro

Eiro looked at the bottle knowing that it would help in a more immediate sense although she also recalled the weather schedule for the crystal empire to get a bit of cloud cover and a light breeze later in the day, she then looked at the necklace and decided upon that "ill choose the necklace thanks" she said smiling "the heat isnt much of a problem" she finished.

20. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

HUZZAH! I BREATHE LIFE BACK INTO THIS THREAD!

Risky didn't care to much for the bit counter that the blue pony mentioned. His mind was on the bits themselves. The other pony looked... enthusiastic, too enthusiastic. Maybe he could've bartered higher, a rookie mistake. However, he knew this pony was down on his luck, and he perhaps deserved some pity. "Looks like you've got yourself a deal, lil' colt!" he said cheerfully. Risky used his magic to pick up the eight bits the pony offered him. He took the bag the blue pony had selected and threw it carelessly in his direction. Risky then counted his bits. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5..., 6..., 7, and 8. Yup, all there!" Satisfied, he stuck them in his cart, along with the two other bags.

While Risky was worrying about his money, Romero worried about the other colt. Romero trotted over to him slowly. He was deeply concerned about this pony and he was hoping that Risky didn't just rip him off. His concern was painted thickly on his face. "So, what bag did you get?" Romero said softly. "Open it. Let's see."

#20 Rare80, 30 March 2014
    Last edited: 25 September 2014