1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Carnival at the Crystal Empire

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Eiro, 28 May 2013.

1. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"Or else he'll sell you out. Although I admit it was a clever trick." Wreck had noticed the flatcap-sporting stallion take the stallkeeper aside and had eavesdropped on the conversation. "However, it seems to be your lucky day, young man, as I have rectified the issue. Come on, take a look." The bewildered stallholder walked around to the front of his stand and immediately noticed the two charred holes in the backdrop. "What have you done to my stall?"
    "I just evened up the odds. It's a neat trick, yes. But it's a little cruel. Look, at least you still make money. Cut down on prizes." By this point the second, angry-looking stallion had appeared around the side of the stall. "And you, stop trying to be a hero. A guy's gotta make money somehow, even if it's a bit cheap."
    Of course, Wreck couldn't talk about business, but at least he tried. And failed. "Now, I suggest you fix up your stall. Just a coat of paint should do."

#41 Aethelberdia, 24 September 2014
    Last edited: 24 September 2014
  2. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

'Oh, why couldn't the dragon have just walked off, and minded his own business...' Risky wondered. You just can't waltz right in and force somepony to change. Conponies are way too smart for that. You'll get beaten every single time. In the battle of mind versus muscle, Risky knew from experience that mind always wins.

"The customer's always right, you know." The gamespony said. "If this fine gentleman doesn't have a problem with how I do things, then that means I can run my stand however I want.

Risky thought about it for a while. He was right. If paying customers, didn't MIND getting ripped-off, there wasn't much Risky could say or do, no matter how wrong it was. Risky decided to admit defeat.

"You're quite right, sir. I apologize."

The stall owner made his way around the corner of his stall. Risky quietly followed viewing the gamespony's actions as suspicious. He tapped the underside of his stall with his hoof. He noticed that Risky was watching him. He gave him a smirk before confronting him. He pony spoke softly, almost in a whisper. "You're a con legend, and all, but you're washed up. You know what your problem is? You started caring about your customers. You've grown soft, and that's your problem. You know us conponies never play nice."

Risky responded with an intense glare. Soon, a three members of the Canterlot Guard came racing in his direction.

"You called us?"

"Ah, yes. As you can see by the charred holes made here, my stall has been vandalized. Quickly arrest the one responsible!"

The Guard members moved in to apprehend the dragon.

"No, not him!" The stall owner interrupted. "HIM!" He then pointed a hoof towards Risky. Risky was in shock.

"Hey, I know you! You're Risky!" one of the Guard members chirped up "You're the thief who broke into Canterlot Castle a few years ago! You're up to your old tricks again, are you? That cart must be full of other things he's stolen. We'll bring you in front of the Princess immediately, and she'll decide what to do with you!" By now, Risky's forehoofs were being pinned behind his back. Risky squirmed violently, trying to get away. His flat cap fell on the floor. His once finely combed mane was now ruined from all the struggling. The stall owner trotted up to Risky and whispered in his ear.

"You were thinking about scamming away some bits that are rightfully mine, huh? We can't have that, can we?" The Guard ponies proceeded to drag Risky away. Risky stopped struggling. The stall pony waved a hoof as Risky was being dragged away, and yelled out to him. "Goodbye, Risky! Tell Princess Cadence I said 'hi'! We'll see you again in about ten years!" The pony let out a cocky laugh. Risky realised there was nothing he could do. What was he going to say? That he had changed? Nopony was going to buy that. Risky accepted his fate. 'I thought I put these days far behind me.' The Guard members grabbed the cart too. Risky stared at the gamespony until Risky was dragged so far that he couldn't see him anymore. The stall owner found Risky's flat cap on the floor. He abruptly spat on it, and pushed it into the ground with his hoof.

#42 Rare80, 25 September 2014
    Last edited: 25 September 2014
  3. Aethelberdia

Wreck was thoroughly mystified as to the entire proceeding, until Risky was arrested, at which he realised he'd inadvertently ruined everything. Badly. This was not what was meant to happen, and Wreck's sense of justice compelled him to solve the issue. "Hey!" shouted Wreck, running after the patrol, leaving the smirking stallkeep behind him, "Stop a second!" The lead guard stopped, and turned briefly. "What?" he snapped.
    "That stallion, Risky, is innocent. I'm the only person who could have burned holes into the stall, thus It's unlikely he was the one who did. Arrest me instead." Wreck looked towards Risky, who was looking at him as if he was an idiot. "Hmmm... no. I know what happened. You're one of his buddies, and you're here to take the fall for him while he gets away. I mean, you're a dragon. You were obviously there as a distraction." Wreck realised he'd probably managed to stumble across the most stupid, prejudiced patrol in the world. "Now, you're going to have to come with us. It would have been better for you if you'd kept your trap shut."
    Wreck looked to Risky, who rolled his eyes and looked at him with something close to pity.
    Evidently noble sacrifices weren't like in the books.

4. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

By the time Risky felt compelled to speak again, the both of them here already locked with a cell somewhere within the Crystal Castle. The dragon was looking out the bars with a muddy mood written all over his face. "This your first time in the big house? Figures." The dragon looked at him for a while, then looked back out the bars. "You're a real drag, Dragon. You know that? If it makes you feel any better, we're not in jail. Nah. We're in holding, jail is much worse." There was another long silence. Risky spoke up, yet again. "The Crystal Guard are probably questioning eye witnesses, and gathering evidence. They'll clear me, because I didn't do jack. I'm not so sure about you..." The cell filled with silence again, and Risky tried to embrace the solitude. However it was hard for him to keep quiet for more than a few minutes, and he got quickly frustrated. You've got the vocal skills of a brick wall, and half as pretty too. Risky folded his hooves and sat down in a corner.

#44 Rare80, 21 November 2014
    Last edited: 21 November 2014
  5. Aethelberdia

"Bloody bureaucrats. And that bloody salesman. And worst of all, my bloody colossal trap which I can't keep shut! Bloody adrenaline!" Wreck's ego was being put through the mangle and his face showed it. He was resigned to being stuck in a cell for at least a year. "Sorry about all this. It's completely my fault. What was I bloody thinking? Of course I'll get done for vandalism. I punched a bloody hole in someone's bloody property!" Wreck turned to face Risky, whose face was impassive and gave nothing away. "Not that you'd care, but no sweat, I'll live for over a thousand years. Even if they gave me an actual prison sentence rather than community service or a fine, I'd get through it fine. Still!" Something about Risky's manner of speech clicked for Wreck. "Hold on. You were some kind of criminal before? Not now, of course. You went to prison before? In fact, no, I won't bother delving into that kind of thing. May as well make light conversation while we're busy sewing. My name's Wreck, by the way. By the state of things you can probably guess why."

6. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"It speaks!" Risky said with much optimism. He turned to face the dragon. He relaxed himself, putting his hoofs behind his head. "Ah... you wanna know about the good old days, huh? Well, I assume you couldn't help yourself being that I'm a very interesting guy." Risky's smugness quickly filled the room. Risky began his tale.

"Once upon a time, there was a smart, handsome, lovable colt born in Ponyville. He was so smart that he earned his cutie mark as a small foal. As he grew older, he learned how to use his smarts and keen eyes in all sorts of fun ways! He liked to play games and was a delight wherever he went. Ponies followed him from town to town. Some of them carrying love letters, and others carrying pitchforks. The ratio of that is up for debate, but that's not important. A lot of ponies accused this pony of being a thief. However, this handsome pony rarely ever stole anything, and never really cared for gaining much. The reason he was a conpony was the trickery involved. He loved seeing the expressions of shock on ponies faces after they notice he'd got the better of them. It was fun. He liked fooling ponies, and was very good at it. Some would even say he was the best there ever was. Of course if you hear something like that long enough, you grow the need to test that yourself. So, he tested his wits when he tried to fool the great, powerful, Princess Sunbutt. One night, he masqueraded as a Royal Guard and gained entry into Sunbutt's chambers. The took Sunbutt's royal jewelry, and replaced them with ones he made himself. It was days before anypony realized anything was wrong. The conpony was only caught because a jewelry shopkeep couldn't keep his mouth shut. When Sunbutt realized she had been tricked, she was not happy. So, Sunbutt had our handsome protagonist thrown onto the next barge heading west. He landed in a whole new place, completely different from his home. In this new land he learned two things. First, that he may have been the best conpony in Equestria, he was only above average at best in this new place. Second, that the look of shock he loved to see on ponies comes at a great price. Lots of pain and suffering came as a result of what he did. Ultimately, that stealing is wrong no matter how it's done. So, after many years of trying, failing, listening, and learning; he became a good salespony. He still loved to play his games, but he made sure that anypony that came to him got a fair deal. He also taught ponies to look out for the same kind of scams he used to do himself. At long last, our hero has a good heart to go with his devilishly handsome face. The end." Risky sat there happy and satisfied with how he told his life story.

#46 Rare80, 21 November 2014
    Last edited: 21 November 2014
  7. Aethelberdia

Wreck was mildly amused. "Well, if you insist on being sarcastic and smug, I'll do likewise.
    'Once upon a time, in a land even further away than Risky's sense of humility, there was a dragoness who had, I've been told, killed countless innocents, ravaging the lands and striking fear at the mere mention of her name, which was," Wreck took a theatrical deep breath, "Atraliq Vettel Ithbi Bokor Rhazenul Gherethay Frey Lezvhekath Ma'aka Liscent Wrekhus Var Maladath. In her lifespan of several millennia, she sired more than sixty children, none of whom ever knew their mother because she abandoned them a few weeks after hatching to fend for themselves. Thankfully the cave I was born in was surrounded by goats and other mountain wildlife, so I didn't go hungry. Which brings us to the hero of our tale: Wreck, the dragon who decided that he'd go off in search of adventure. Which he did, with great gusto.
    Being the mighty flier that he was, Wreck flew as far north as he could be bothered to, and ended up in Equestria after a couple of weeks.
    There, he lived in a cave for seventeen years, becoming the fine specimen you see before you today." Wreck preened. "And he went with a bunch of guys, and raided tombs, and dungeons, and all kinds of wild stuff... yeah, you're better at telling stories than I am. At least mine are at least more than half true." Wreck was enjoying the back-and-forth, as it distracted him from his predicament and gave him a chance to actually use his brain for once. "Sunbutt... that's a good one. Never cared much for princesses."