1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Video CGI EqG Music Video- IRON HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Discussion in 'Flash and Video' started by Redback Sigil, 19 December 2014.

1. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

So this thread is gonna be a sort of progress-thread for an animation project I'm working on with the Equestria Girls Blender-rigs that CreatorOfPony has been producing. And of course, since they all come with instruments, a music video seems like the perfect choice.

But what song, you may ask?

Why, Iron Hand, by Battle Beast, of course! It's got a female vocalist (And boy howdy, WHAT a vocalist she is!!), solos on guitar and keytar, and is just plain amazing of a song.

But it's gonna take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, for a number of reasons. For starters, it's animation, which always takes ages. And it's being done on Blender, which I am completely unfamiliar with, so I'm learning on the job. And worst of all, even when the animation is all perfected, Blender's rendering-time is complete and utter arse. So either I'm gonna have to get this sent into my university's renderfarm (Which I'm hopeful for), or it's gonna take a looooooooong time to render the whole thing.

Either way, here is the first milestone, a test-animation of Rarity's keytar solo, which took about 2 days to animate (And would have taken less had Blender not crashed before I had a chance to save my progress at one point... The sooner these rigs get converted to Autodesk Maya, the better). it still needs alot of refining, like animating the hair and finishing the hand animation, cleaning everything up, and applying cloth-physics to the skirt, but I think it looks pretty decent so far!

So up next after finishing her animation is Rainbow Dash's guitar solo (And boy oh boy is THAT gonna be a doozy to animate!)

Gamer2k likes this.
  2. Gamer2k

Gamer2k Recognised Pony

This sounds amazing Redback, you certainly put a lot of thought into this project of yours and now I'm really looking forward to seeing how your animation progresses. Have a brohoof /)

3. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

And another test video done and dusted, this time Rainbow Dash tackling the guitar solo. Gods on Olympus, that strumming animation took ages!

Gamer2k likes this.