1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Discussion Character idea dump

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Pon4, 20 August 2012.

1. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

I have a lot of ideas for characters I don't think I can manage and/or play effectively. I don't know if that's just me, but if it isn't, how about we set up a way to give some free ideas to people who might possibly be struggling?

The idea that I really like but have no intention of using is a weather pony who works in rain and clouds and is very gloomy, often enjoying sitting under their own rainclouds for their own enjoyment. Feel free to use it, as we seem to have a lot of lightning and storm-based workers but none on just clouds.

2. Tatter Tail

Tatter Tail Thread-killer 4000

Well, I can't use my OC, Tatter Terror, as he's a changeling. Irksome, as I have his backstory perfectly worked out, though it runs on, what could be construed as an NSFW head-canon.

Related to him is a pegasus called Bright Plume, but I would need to modify her so much to make her conform to the RP rules here. An example of the best I can do for her, but still keeping her relevent to my original idea... well, her primary residence would be the Asylum wing of Ponyville Hospital.

Not sure if she'll be worth it.

3. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

My rule of thumb is if you don't like the idea of changing your character then don't use them. Group storytelling kind of means having to make some adjustments most of the time, even if it's just recessing at times your character might not or something.

4. Spy!

Spy! Especially Khaotic Krew Member

I'd like to have a young age pony to role play, maybe Scootaloos age? I like the idea of a Pegasus who can just about fly or hover, just head scratching for ideas and description of the colt. Maybe Cloud Breaker or Gusty or even Breezy Day?

5. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Gusty is a unicorn pony from one of the earlier generations. Cloud Breaker sounds pretty cool though. Feel free to have a try with a younger pony and see what you can come up with.

6. Spy!

Spy! Especially Khaotic Krew Member

How would I introduce him? Random young colt wandering around, then again Scootaloo does her own thing?

7. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

I introduced Spirit as a background character... but now I kinda wanna get my app sorted for her and start to get her used. so feel free to look in the hearths warming RP for how I got her into it.