1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Deck Diagnostics

Discussion in 'MLP Collectible Card Game (CCG)' started by Max Apogee, 27 January 2014.

1. Metaphor

Metaphor Metaphorical Productions

That looks a bit more solid. I'd recommend a few small edits all the same. Firstly if you have DJ Pon3 mane use her instead of Spike, she will allow you to draw through your deck a lot quicker and find the cards you need. Second I'd drop Crystal Flutters and Crystal Guard, they aren't that great overall but I suppose the Guard gives you a situational (albeit a bit expensive) frighten mechanic. Lastly you need Crystal Pinkie, she is incredible! I use her in a blue/pink non crystal deck purely to get the extra card flip, very handy for face offs. Otherwise that don't look too bad. You will find playing a crystal deck is a bit hard but its a fun deck type to play and if you can enjoy your games then that's a win/win in my books.

Jonquil likes this.
  2. Black Diamond

Black Diamond New Pony

3. vinylicious

I didnt see this thread earlier D:
    could someone possible help give me sugesstions for a good vinyl scratch deck?

4. Metaphor

The good thing about Vinyl is she can be used in a variety of different strategies. She is a draw engine so she lends herself to any type of deck. Personally I run pink/blue with her: http://ponyhead.com/deckbuilder?v1c...-eo167x3-eo194x2-eo199x2-rr2x3-eo38x2-eo120x3

All depends on what type of deck you wanna build.

5. vinylicious

that's awesome :D thanx for your help.
    just wondering is it possible to run a vinyl octavia deck?

6. Foxytail

Foxytail Pink Pegasus Huggle Gamer

Potentially. Pink Vinyl cards and White Octavia cards can be made in a deck. Though I'm not entirely sure how useful they'd be, as well as the fact that many of their cards are either rare/UR/promos or just hard to play consistently.

7. Hampshire Brony

Hampshire Brony Shaun of the dead

^ this.
    Are you trying to build a deck around the abilities of their cards, or for the characters?

8. vinylicious

Manely the characters tbh :p but I'd like to make the deck actually work and be playable. But when looking at the cards pink have a lot of good pink accessories and alot of white cards that work with accessories

9. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

As manes go, you could do a lot worse than "DJ Pon-3 - Party Starter" - it seems to be a fairly popular choice. Alternatively, if you want a White mane then "Octavia - Standing Ovation" is worth a look, largely because it's almost ludicrously easy to flip (confront a problem - boom, job done) - I've played a couple of games with a 'Tavi mane with some 'interesting' results (ie. I didn't get kerb-stomped all the time :p)

10. vinylicious

Yeah I have both Octavia and Vinyl's starter card. but I have all the intention to use Vinyl as my starter (Cause she's my fave :3, if you couldn't guess)

11. vinylicious

I really want this card for my deck but I have no idea where to get it, other then testing my luck opening packs (any suggestions)
    [​IMG]

12. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

13. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

Bare in mind that would be rather lucky if you got her for a reasonable price. That card is a key component to a popular combo deck that was extremely powerful in the last meta. Also judging by the results of the latest Australian tournament, she is still in vague.

14. Metaphor

If you wanna try your luck its from the Canterlot Night booster packs but being an ultra rare you will be very lucky to get one. And yes as finalsight says that is a popular meta card right now, currently going for £25+ each depending on where you find them. I know you said you want to make vinyl/tavi theme deck but in truth there aren't many good cards around involving those two and half of them are promos or ultra rares to boot. If you wanted to do a musical themed deck you could try a pony tone deck which would be pink orange. I've tried those kind of decks and they are a very smooth flowing easy to use type, plus the cards are easy to get a hold of (equestrian odessey booster packs).

15. vinylicious

cool if I made a pony tone deck could I still have vinyl as my mane? and what kinda cards would I need and where could I get them? please.
    and thankyou for all your help :D

16. Jonquil

Jonquil Recognised Pony

17. Metaphor

Whilst the idea is good the cards you have in there are very slow. Most decks these days will likely have set up by the time you get your pieces in play and any blue deck will simply steamroller it. Half the cards in your deck really aren't worth including in a deck. Are you working with cards you have or is this just deck crafting?

Here's a quick ponytone deck I put together. Ain't gonna be perfect but its cheap to build (no ultra rares in it). The cards all come from boosters.

http://ponyhead.com/deckbuilder?v1c...eo155x2-eo101x3-eo130x2-eo145x2-ad26x3-eo43x3

18. vinylicious

ty for your help

19. Jonquil

Jonquil Recognised Pony

These are cards I'm working with however for Xmas I am getting a booster box of Equestrian Odyssy. Any cards for that set that would improve my deck idea? Thanks

20. Jonquil

Jonquil Recognised Pony

Here is a new version of the anti-move deck which i have built =) please feed back

http://ponyhead.com/deckbuilder?v1c...d189x2-cg188x2-cg182x2-cn167x1-cn65x1-pr126x2