1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Deck showcasing

Discussion in 'MLP Collectible Card Game (CCG)' started by Recurrent Trotting, 11 July 2018.

1. Recurrent Trotting

I've made a good few Decks over the years so I thought why not show off some of my decks. Other people feel free to do so too.

Deck number 1: Fluttershy
    [​IMG]
    Theme: problem solving with animal friends :3 although some of the animals can be a bit troublesome, especially with resources
    Gameplay: classic yellow - plays critters then boosts em; also there are a few dilemmas to get round troublemakers. The range of critters help to counter different playstyles, and offer a bit of disruption to prevent her being overpowered by a better problem solver (especially white problem solvers).
    Notable facts: this was the first deck I ever made! It starts with Thorn in his Paw against most decks but with Under Lock and Tree if facing a spammy yellow deck
    Ultras/Supers? Yes, I picked up Tree Hugger: Animal Magnetism (see image). She's perfect for this deck as she can herd the animals about to help problem solve
    Notable rares: The deck sports a complete set of conductors batons - as Pony teaches us, all problems can be solved with songs :3 (unless you are pink)

#1 Recurrent Trotting, 11 July 2018
    Last edited: 11 July 2018
  2. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

I'll see if I can dig up the decklist for my original 'Deck Of Doom' ... any problem can be solved if you throw enough Night Glider at it. Sadly, it has been largely neutered by the ridiculously overpowered cards in the newer sets.

Theme: Go hard, go fast, outpace and out-score your opponent
    Gameplay: Mono-blue, full-on aggro - with a good draw I could DFO turn 2.
    Notable facts: Got me the runner-up spot in the North East regional in 2016. I only lost the final game by a single point.
    Ultras/supers: Oh. Hell. Yes. Bluna as the mane, full sets of NGO and Spitfire, Wing Leader. Later incarnations added Ambitious Aerobat into the mix - I would use so many pegasus tokens that I had a bunch laser-cut. A couple of Close Air Supports for making damn sure that I win the face-off and my opponent gets Glider'd.
    Rares: A couple - Prince Rutherford is my go-to - I'm not a fan of the frighten mechanic but it has its uses. Thunderlane put in an appearance before I gave up playing competitively.
    Notable facts: Managed a 4-turn win with the deck in a casual game at the Manchester MiT pre-release. Sadly, I was never able to get the elusive 'triple Glider' in a tournament although I did manage it in a casual game (think I scored 9 points that turn)

#2 Irregular Apocalypse, 11 July 2018
    Last edited: 11 July 2018
    Recurrent Trotting likes this.
  3. Recurrent Trotting

Deck number 35 Never too Shy to lend a Hoof
    [​IMG]
    Theme: Instead of relying on her critters to solve problems this Fluttershy is mare enough to single-hoofedly tackle problems on her own!
    Gameplay: ultimate problem solver + dilemmas like Conning the Con pony to get round troublemakers. This Deck is all about its Mane. Cards such as Jonagold and Double Diamond second in command boost the power of Fluttershy who then exhausts to confront problems for almost no cost
    Notable facts: this deck is unbeaten so far
    Ultras/Supers: No
    Notable Rares:
    Cheerilee Cheerileeder to boost flutters up even more