1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Derp moments

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cloudane, 27 September 2013.

1. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Ah, thought it might be simple like that :) Cool.

2. sten whik

sten whik Space

On the MMO video game Riders of Icarus I accidentally put something up for auction for 99 Gold instead of 99 Silver. Due to the posting fees I I am now broke which means I'm stuck in this zone until I can get enough silver for the teleport costs. XD

3. DerpyWhooves

I've painted an old cutlery tray white to use as brushie shelves. I've realised though that it's too deep to hang it on the bit of wall I was going to hang it on because then the door wouldn't close :confused: Okay, it's a room where the door normally gets left open but it does need to be closed sometimes. I'm sure I'll find somewhere else to put it but I just feel a bit dumb now :p Also, I was going to hang it on the wall with a couple of large nails like I have with another small set of shelves, but it's heavier than those. I don't think hanging it from screws is an option because my power drill hasn't worked for years and I've never drilled a hole in a wall before anyway. Also I don't want the friend who normally helps us out with odd jobs to come upstairs and see the ponies and the mess :p How I'm going to hang it is moot while I don't know where to hang it anyway.

MCtoastie likes this.
  4. Aldersgate

Aldersgate Honorary Pony

Last month my trusty beard trimmer of seven years finally gave up the ghost when the trimming attachment flew off mid-trim and landed straight in the toilet (whoops!). New trimmer purchased and working well, I decided to clean it yesterday. Took off the trimming attachment, put it down... and promptly knocked it into the toilet. :rolleyes:

5. Titan295

Titan295 Active Pony

i use a mouse for my laptop because i find the touch pad to be clumsy. i put my mouse on my laptop keyboard when i got up to get a drink, my mouse slid off when i lifted the laptop and fell on the floor breaking it, i was half way through a game when it broke

6. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've gone away on holiday and forgot to pack any pyjamas for myself. I'm having to borrow a pair of my dads.

7. sten whik

sten whik Space

Spent 5 minutes at the self checkout in Tesco putting in coins after they kept coming back out until an employee came over and selected the "Insert Cash" button on the screen. :S
    I only wanted to impulse buy this... :p
    20160819_174313B.jpg
    Anyway I shall now draw your attention to this sticker that came with it...
    20160819_174339b.jpg

Cloudane, Bexy164, MCtoastie and 4 others like this.
  8. DerpyWhooves

Yeah, that was an odd one. Also, does it say "Le Bath De Mud" because they made it for the French magazine and didn't translate it or are they talking in fancy?

My derp of the day - I asked Mr Derpy if he wanted beans or sweetcorn with his dinner. He said beans. I, while thinking about yummy baked beans, proceeded to open the freezer and tip sweetcorn into the pan :rolleyes: I'm losing my mind.

9. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I would guess the latter since bath and mud aren't French words... Unless they were going for some kind of hybrid to please both markets! :p

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  10. DerpyWhooves

I doubt that Franglais would please the French :p

I've just walked past the cooker and opened the oven door with my hip by accident. Not sure if that's derp or skill!

Edit: One from yesterday - I went to put a small bit of Reggae Reggae sauce on my baked beans. It's a glass bottle so it's difficult to put only a small bit on my plate, so of course a huge blob of sauce ended up on my beans. Mr Derpy was laughing so hard it hurt. Serves him right for laughing at me :p

#1292 DerpyWhooves, 30 August 2016
    Last edited: 30 August 2016
  11. DerpyWhooves

I burned myself lighting a candle yesterday - shook the match to put it out and somehow a dot of hot wax got onto the back of my hand. I now have a litle circular burn with a dot next to it which looks rather like a Cyberman's eye.

12. DerpyWhooves

I went to get the bottle of pop out of the fridge. Opened the door forgetting the wire for the TV aerial was hanging over the door so I knocked that. I'd had the last of the bottle so I got another one, which fizzed out of the bottle so I had to put it in the sink to stop it from going all over the place. Poured some into my glass then went to put it in the fridge, forgetting about the aerial wire again and knocking said aerial off the fridge. All this before I'd even started on the rum and cola o_O

13. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Was racking my brains why a cron script wasn't working when the same thing worked at the command line.
    Well basically, == != =.
    Most languages expect ==
    BASH (or at lest the test command) expects =
    The command line, probably by some fortunate side effect, corrects == to =
    Scripts such as crontab, do not.
    *le facepalm*

14. DerpyWhooves

I was looking for the instructions on a pot of hair dye. There was a fold out leaflet on the top, so I unfurled this long strip of paper looking for the English. There were no English instructions so I was stood there translating the French. Until I noticed the English instructions were on the side of the pot :rolleyes: I'm quite proud that I could understand most of the French though!

MCtoastie, Bexy164 and Cendaquenta like this.
  15. DerpyWhooves

Both Mr Derpy and I went out separately yesterday and both bought a meat feast pizza and coleslaw for tea :p We share a brain.

Bexy164 and Cendaquenta like this.
  16. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

The other day I was in a shopping centre and saw a notice saying that Black Friday would take place on November 25th.
    My first thought: "Oh, what day of the week is November 25th? Hope it's not a Saturday."

17. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I thought my 3DS battery had broken down when I turned it on today and saw red flashing lights. After charging it up though and trying it I figured I must have left it on in sleep mode through the night instead of turning it off.

I also went for a shower and walked into the already lit bathroom and turned the light off out of habit.

Oh boy, so my birthday falls on a Black Friday this year? That should be fun.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  18. sten whik

sten whik Space

I cooked the plastic/foam tray with my pizza. :(

DerpyWhooves and MCtoastie like this.