1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Derp moments

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cloudane, 27 September 2013.

1. Thomas+Ponies

And then there's the roadworks sign, or as I like to call it, the "Men putting up umbrellas" sign.

Cendaquenta, DerpyWhooves and Bexy164 like this.
  2. Thomas+Ponies

And also the "Clean up after your dog" sign, otherwise known as the "Don't light fires behind dogs" sign.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  3. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Was looking at my phone in bed and dropped it on my face. And yesterday I nearly put out horseradish instead of tartare sauce to go with fish :confused:

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Whilst out in town today I managed to drop some cheques covering travelling expenses that I wanted to cash in inside a car park. I didn't notice they were missing until I'd stopped at Asda to look for a birthday gift for my mum. It's a good thing it wasn't really wet or windy whilst I was at Asda and that they were inside some envelopes to protect them. Thankfully I managed to find them and cash them in anyway.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  5. DerpyWhooves

I only just got that "Boast Busters" was a play on "Ghostbusters" last night :rolleyes:

6. Spiraling wind

Spiraling wind Active Pony

Well peeling carrots can be dangerous when you lose focus. the stupid door bell rings and you decide to do one more pass with the peeler. But peel you thumb and nail in stead of the carrot.......

7. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock wants a dragon boyfriend

I have not slept for going on 36 hours. So earlier, after fun stuff like the hallucinations in lectures (y'know that xkcd strip? It's not exaggerating), I got back to my room at around 6 PM after giving in the work I had stayed up for in the first place.

I evidently was treading the precarious line between consciousness and Pokémon dreams, as I subsequently distinctly remember being convinced (while I trudged around pouring tea and stuff) that I had been one of a number of 'hostages' held by Team Skull boss Guzma (his battle theme had been droning in my head all day for some reason) and that that was the reason I was so sleepy - something like he had drugged us (I think the other students on my staircase, about 14) so that we... I dunno what the motive was but I was acutely aware that I was gonna recover from it soon and that he had already gotten what he wanted out of us.

I'm pretty sure that run-on sentence is incomprehensible, and that's fine, as that's how I've felt about everything for a while now.

Bexy164 likes this.
  8. Bellzor

Bellzor 1% Tea, 99% Hot gas.

Sleep is for the weak, but I guess it is still a nescessity...

9. DerpyWhooves

Went down to Merry Hill earlier to get some gel pens from The Works and the next issue of MLP Colouring Adventures. The Works seem to have discontinued their set of 30 ArtWorkz gel pens (noes!) and the next Colouring Adventures isn't out til tomorrow :rolleyes: Then I went to my doctor's for more meds and she said I wasn't due another prescription for a month. Got home and found another box of Fluoxetine in my bathroom. I did get a different prescription and my grocery shopping from Merry Hill though, so today hasn't been a total loss.

10. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Deciding to check in to Pokemon Shuffle after the update without checking online first to see if there was any gifts. Kinda ticked me off that I've ended up wasting quite a number of coins and hearts. I wish they gave some kind of warning for those since I'm sure a lot of Shuffle players save up a large bank of coins and hearts.

11. DerpyWhooves

Another derp from yesterday - I learned that the reboot brushies' On-the-Go Purses are pretty sturdy because I dropped one on the floor of The Entertainer yesterday :eek:

12. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

I'm fairly sure I washed my hair with conditioner and conditioned it with shampoo a few days ago. Only realized what I'd done the next time I went to wash it and found myself automatically reaching for the conditioner first.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  13. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

So a friend of mine invited me to go see Weezer in Leeds in October. With less than fifty tickets remaining, I managed to snap one up. Afterwards, I get this message:

"Forgot to tell you that I have a spare ticket so you don't need to buy anything."

D'oh!

Thankfully, Viagogo allows me to resell the ticket (assuming somebody actually buys it). I think this was a derp moment for the both of us. Incidentally, if anyone on the Leeds area wants to see Weezer in concert, now's your chance.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  14. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Forgetting to unlock the car door before opening it multiple times today.

MCtoastie likes this.
  15. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I knew this derp moment would happen the moment I bought a touchscreen chromebook and it just happened for the first time: reaching up to tap a button on my non-touchscreen PC laptop.

16. DerpyWhooves

I went down to the shops to get my prescription, among other things. Forgot to get my prescription :rolleyes:

17. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Sounds a bit like the fast show sketch where they go out for coffee and come back with everything but... even better then that.

Hope you managed to get it in the end.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  18. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Lately, my phone hasn't been taking headphones. You'd plug them in, but they'd pop right out. I thought there was something wrong with it, so I took it to a Sumsung store today to get it looked at.

The problem? It was just a bit of pocket lint that got stuck inside. At the very least, they didn't charge me for it and my headphones plug in properly again, I just wish I had thought of that before I went.

19. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Wondering where your Car is.

Turns out you're driving it.

20. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Went through the international passport controls rather than EU ones at Charles de Galle this morning meaning it look longer than it should =p.