1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Disney Movies!

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Ariel, 7 November 2014.

1. Ariel

Ariel What would I pay to stay here beside you...

This thread is mainly an appreciation thread for all things related to the Disney films and movies!
    This is mainly for the classic films produced by the Walt Disney Animation Studios, but feel free to include any of the following!

Disney Classics - Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Fox and the Hound etc.
    Live Action Disney Productions - Homeward Bound, Maleficent, Pirates of the Caribbean etc
    Disney Pixar Animations - Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Brave etc

As there are probably already threads for them, try not to talk about the Marvel or LucasArts film franchises.

As long as it's Disney you're free to talk about it here!

Some questions to kick it off;
    • What is your favourite Disney movie of all time? Why? (1 film over all the areas or a favourite for each "genre"?)
    • What is your favourite Disney quote? (can be a line from a film or a quote by Walter himself!)
    • Which song from any film is your favourite?
    • Favourite character(s)?

Favourite Movie
    Lilo & Stitch for WDAS. Its such a heartfelt film and really hits me home with its focus on family.
    The Haunted Mansion for the live action productions. It's based off my favourite ride and is just such a fun movie. I admit it's unfortunate that it didn't get the Pirates treatment but I will still love it for years to come!
    From Pixar it has to be Toy Story 3. I love how the 3 films were released kind of as we grew up. The first 2 while we were still young, dealing with losing toys and eventually giving some away, then the third dealing with us having to leave them for University or College. Well done, Pixar, well done, even if it wasn't done on purpose.

Favourite Quote
    This is a really hard one for me to answer because there are so many great quotes from all the films, but I'd have to go with Lilo and Stitch again with
    "Ohana means family. Family means that nobody gets left behind, or forgotten."

Favourite Song
    I honestly can't decide between Under The Sea or Kiss The Girl from The Little Mermaid. I love them both so much!

Favourite Character
    If I have to decide between Stitch and Ariel, I'd have to choose Ariel. That's probably obvious though from my username haha

#1 Ariel, 7 November 2014
    Last edited: 7 November 2014
    DerpyWhooves likes this.
  2. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

Little nitpick:

Disney renaissance was 1989 to 1999 (Little Mermaid to Tarzan). Fox and the Hound was 1967.

3. Ariel

yeah i keep forgetting that and just use it as a way to group the traditionally animated films :s sorry!

4. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

As a kid, my favourite was The Jungle Book, used to watch it on video all the time. I loved The Lion King, Hercules, Tarzan, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, 101 Dalmations etc. was a big Disney & Pixar fan when I was a kid. I stopped watching them for a few years, but got back into them with recent films. I love Tangled and Frozen, seeing them made me very nostalgic and I've been buying loads of Disney DVDs over the last 12 months or so, because they're so cheap now so it's easy to build up a collection fairly quickly.

Also I really like the Tangled soundtrack

5. tavi

tavi (not a new pony)

I have a friend who just adores The Lion King. She's watched all of them tons of times and I'm pretty sure she's memorized everything. It's amazing how Disney movies always capture your inner child no matter what age you are.
    For myself, I would say my favourite movie (and coincidentally song) would be The Aristocats. I would watch it all the time and I loved the song Everybody Wants To Be A Cat. It's just so catchy :)

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  6. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

Back in the days before Internet, my family had a liking for trying to write down all the words to Disney songs from just listening to them. For the longest time we used to joke that in Beauty and the Beast's 'mob song' contained the words: Frizzled Herbs.

7. tavi

tavi (not a new pony)

See any dinosaurs back then? ;)

8. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

You know, good timing on this one with Big Hero 6 out... pretty much now. I hear it's another winner.

9. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Disney movies, probably the biggest factor in my childhood during the 90s and it still remains a huge part of my life to this very day. I've got quite a lot of favourites in terms of classic Disney movies, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Fantasia, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King being some of them that I like. There are virtually loads that I could list but I think I'd be here all night with this.

As for Big Hero 6, I've heard things about it but I haven't really been following it so I guess I'll wait and see what happens on that one.

10. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

Disney was quite a big part of my childhood too, I didn't get my hands on that many when I was younger but every time I went around my cousin's house I would plonk myself in front of the TV and watch Disney for the whole evening. :p

Also while not 100% Disney, I'm also very fond of the Kingdom's Heart series. I'll have to vent a bit about the HD 2.5 special edition also including a copy of 1.5, I already own that Square Enix - give us an interesting alternative. :(

What is your favourite Disny movie of all time? Why?
    The Black Cauldron, it isn't the best of the Disney films but a really close friend gave me the VHS as a present and it really stuck with me as a gesture. I wish I still had it. :(

What is your favourite Disney quote?

One of those quotes that is quite good at cheering me up. :p

[​IMG]

Which song from any film is your favourite?

I promise I didn't use to stand on chairs and try and sing this song when I was younger. ;)

11. Starscream759

Wait a sec, your a Kingdom hearts fan? So I am! Brohoof my bro.

Magpie likes this.
  12. Ariel

Aaah! so glad to see this thread kicking off! :D

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure did!
    [​IMG]

Let it be known that listing every disney movie is acceptable for naming "a few" favourites haha :p

Also I've heard good things about Big Hero 6 but I'm sure a lot of views will be posted on multiple sites tonight, I think it's showing from today in America. So tag your spoilers, people!

13. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

I've never seen Dinosaur. That came out during the period that I avoided Disney.

14. Ariel

You should give it a go if you ever get the chance!
    Unless you don't like dinosaurs, or inaccurate portrayals of them
    But it's still a great film! ^-^

15. Starscream759

You have no idea how fanatical I was with Disney back in the day. When I was in middle school I'd always rent out this book on Disney from the school's library and I remember that one because I kept on renting it out and it got to the point where the librarian was just like: "Oh god not that book again." If only I could foresee what I'd be fanatical about in the future.

Also Dinosaur, I forgot that was even a Disney movie! I mean I normally like dinosaurs but from what I've seen of it nowadays it just doesn't look interesting to me. So I can't really blame myself for forgetting that film myself.

16. tavi

tavi (not a new pony)

Did you ever get those mini story books based on the films? I used to read those all the time, ahh memories :)

17. Ariel

For me it was Disney VHS tapes and "Oh not that movie again" haha, so I can definitely relate to you there!
    It still is like that for me, only now it's a DVD or online. Disney has always been a huge part of my life and I don't see that changing any time soon!

Dinosaur is one of those Disney films I might have possibly forgotten was Disney if it didn't have it's own ride in Walt Disney World

18. Starscream759

I still remember me watching the sing along videos along with watching things like The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast constantly on the VCR. I think my mum told that she even hid my VHS cassette tape of Toy Story once because from what she told me I constantly watched it all the time. But I like to believe the real reason was that she hid it because she thought I'd be freaked out by Sid's toys. I wasn't scared of them when I was young, I always thought they were cool looking...in a creepy twisted sort of way.

And it kinda sucks that a ride over in the Animal Kingdom is far superior to the movie. I doubt people will even remember that movie at this rate.

19. Ariel

oh my goodness you just reminded me about Melody Time

20. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

I tend to consider the PIXAR film as pretty much completely separate from Disney.

I just mostly associate Disney with traditional cell animation.