1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Disney Movies!

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Ariel, 7 November 2014.

1. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Ah Fantasia, always a classic to me. To me it'll always be The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Night on Bald Mountain as far as favourite segments in that movie both powerful in their own right.

2. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

If it wasn't for them Hunchback might possibly be my favourite Disney film, however they bring it down so much that it probably wouldn't make my top 10. As a defence I like to imagine that they are just figments of Quasi's imagination.

3. Ariel

Ariel What would I pay to stay here beside you...

there's plenty of fan theories and things about that and it's actually made me think that's what they actually are.
    Another theory is that they are alive in the actual story, as the story is being told by Clopin in a puppet show, which I do lean towards

4. Starscream759

Even with fan theories I'm still finding that very hard to believe.

5. Ariel

well Clopin is the narrator, and it does show him telling the story as a puppet show in the beginning, so I think that's what was what they were actually trying to convey

6. Starscream759

Maybe. Just maybe.

7. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

• What is your favourite Disney movie of all time? Why?
    Dinosaurs too.
    [​IMG]

Atlantis - The Lost Empire
    When I was on the Animated Lust forum in the early 2000.
    • What is your favourite Disney quote? (can be a line from a film or a quote by Walter himself!)
    [​IMG]

• Which song from any film is your favourite?

• Favourite character(s)?
    [​IMG]

Ariel likes this.
  8. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Just got the Mickey Mouse In Living Colour DVD set today, watched the first disc just a few minutes ago. It's pretty cool looking back and seeing what Disney used to be like way back in the 30s, and it's also practically my first time watching these characters (I know, I've been missing out), so I'm enjoying that. Some of it can be oddly cruel though - a lot of the shorts are pretty much "introduce ridiculously cute animal, torment it/have it torment others", and Pluto gets put through a heck of a lot too ("Pluto's Judgement Day" for one, IDK what that was all about).

Ariel likes this.
  9. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

Got a bunch of DVDs secondhand for Christmas gifts and watched 3 in a row
    • 101 Dalmatians ('61) Fun little flick. Some of the best animated dogs ever! I also enjoy the 96 version. Glenn close has to be best Cruella DeVille
    • The Sword in the Stone: dat squirrel... *sniff*
    • Robin Hood. Back in love with this one.
    Anyone have a DTV sequel that they LOVE? Apart from Lion king 2 I try to stay away from them.

10. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I liked Lion King 2, still need to get it on DVD though. Otherwise not that fussed about them. I do remember watching Pocahontas 2 and Little Mermaid 2 a few times, so I suppose I must have liked those when I was younger. Bambi 2 wasn't bad either. It did, and does, annoy me that so many of them were "midquels" rather than true sequels though.

Just watched the first Tinkerbell film a few days ago, if that counts. That wasn't a bad film, though it was a little too simplistic.

11. Ariel

Lilo & Stitch 2 : Stitch has a Glitch is my favourite DTV Disney film, it made me cry more than the original as well!

12. Open Book

Got a haul of DVDs, new and secondhand for stocking fillers for my mum and sisters:
    Dumbo, The Three caballeros, Cinderella, 101 Dalmatians ('61), Sword in the Stone, Aristocats, Robin Hood, Rescuers, Fox and the hound, Basil the Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Co, Rescuers down Under, Little Mermaid, Hunchback and 20,000 leagues
    Phew!

13. Starscream759

That's quite a haul there. Not gonna lie that it's a pretty good selection and ya get a thumbs up from me cuz you've got The Three Caballeros in your collection there.

Open Book likes this.
  14. Open Book

Just watching it now in fact. Haven't seen all of the 40s package films but I do like this one. Fun and fancy free and Ichabod and mr toad are also good.

15. Starscream759

From what I hear Saludos Amigos is not really something pawning for because it's just Disney animators drawing stuff while they were in certain parts of South America. I almost always end up rewatching the Disney version of Wind in Willows a lot. And also I thought that the Headless Horseman was pretty cool as a character in that package film.

16. Open Book

Back in '02 we were switching to DVD and I wanted to replace my disney videos but back then they were £20 and since then they've been coveted more than other family films. Some are more valuable than others making it hard to acquire a complete collection (54 animated classics with the release of big hero 6, 14 Pixar films, and countless live action films of varying quality) some I'm not desperate to see again like treasure planet, home on the range or chicken little (are some of them worth it?). Today at HMV, rescuers down under, often called tragically underrated, was £4, most of them were £7 which to me is worth it for some of them. As you can tell, I haven't jumped to blu ray yet: I'm still greatly satisfied with DVD quality.

17. Starscream759

I agree I tend to go for DVDs in terms of Disney movies because they are much cheaper than Blu-Ray copies and the only ones that I have that are on Blu-Ray are Beauty and the Beast which I got from Disney World which also comes with a DVD disk which is good and both the Tron movies despite the fact that I've already Tron on DVD.

18. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

I still have the original Little Mermaid VHS with blatant sea castle phallus.

19. Starscream759

God I'll never forget that cover art for the VHS. Jeez it's just so infamous.

20. Open Book

I borrowed it from a neighbour, must've been over 20 years ago and it had the promo for euro disney as it was then known.
    I'm also reminded of The muppet Christmas carol (produced by disney). Some versions have the break up song "love is gone" which was cut for the cinema as it slowed the film down ( the same way "over the rainbow" could have gone). It was on my VHS version but not on my DVD that I briefly had. I don't think it did anything for the film as a whole but I do think you should have a choice like the "human again" version of Beauty or "Morning Report" on lion king (both pointless sequences I think now).
    Family musicals have to be careful with slow song in case they bore young viewers. What comes to mind is "Nobody else but you" from a goofy movie (good one I think) they keep the song about bonding visually interesting as they float on a river.

#60 Open Book, 27 November 2014
    Last edited: 27 November 2014