1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Disney Movies!

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Ariel, 7 November 2014.

1. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Oh my god you have no idea what I thought of Human Again. Cuz when I saw it on the Blu-Ray version I was really expecting the full movie without that scene and then boom it comes right the hell outta nowhere and then it goes right back to the movie. And I actually joked that the producers just went: "Oops we forgot that I'm watching this movie let's switch right back to the plot." It was a very big lipped alligator moment for me.

As for Morning Report as far as I know it came directly from the Broadway show because that song was part of the sequence. While it does work in the Broadway show maybe but I do think that the movie works well without that song added in anyway.

2. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

Never seen the Human Again sequence as I've only ever had the VHS. Never even heard of Morning Report.

It always annoyed me when they show the cut version of muppets Xmas carol, The Love Is Gone is one of the best songs in that film in my opinion.

Open Book likes this.
  3. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

When that version came out, my 15 year old self had to get it because it was something new. Now I know what a sell out it was, it's nothing but DTV sequel quality stuck on a masterpiece. What always annoyed me was the wardrobe trying way too much to get more screen time. Apart from Lion king I don't know of any other times disney have pointlessly tampered with their good stuff. There was an extended version of bedknobs that has some more of the songs that got cut to keep it under 2 hours but one of the songs has ugly synthesised underscore that makes it stick out like the cut song it is. The current version is the original cut.

4. Starscream759

To be fair it was more bewilderment than frustration when that song came out. Because I really don't hate them I just think they could be bonus features to the DVDs like actually lined to the storyboard sort of thing.

5. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

Just watched 'morning report' on YouTube.

Wow! Well that's one way to ruin a touching father son bonding moment.

6. Ariel

Ariel What would I pay to stay here beside you...

i've been listening to disney music non-stop for like 3 weeks now, such an urge to watch all the movies! ^-^

7. Starscream759

Nice Avatar by the way. Very festive.

8. Ariel

thank you :3

i have a whole ton of ariel avatars in my pictures folder haha

9. Starscream759

I've decided to get Frozen for Christmas. Thanks to my mum asking me if it's any good. So I decided to do that for her sake.

10. deaduser

deaduser Honorary Pony

To be real I'm not a really big fan of Disney, it probably because by heart is cold. However my favorite Disney firm I guess is Marry Popins, it has that sad British feel to it, like it is happy but at the same time it's sad, It's like at the end of most Mr. Ben episode's. (I don't know what I'm on about too)

I love the songs in Marry Popins like "A Spoon Full Of Suger", or "Money"? (The song about money).

Dick Van Dyke's accent is also... funny... but not in a good way, he will always end a sentence with something like "Bob's your uncle" or "How's it Gov'?"

So I guess there is room in my cold heart for love.... saying that made me feel a bit sick.

11. Starscream759

Nothing wrong with a bit of Mary Poppins. Man Dick Van Dyke's accent was atrocious but the chimney sweeps along with Feed the birds are among my favourite bits of that movie.

12. deaduser

deaduser Honorary Pony

Also the 2013 firm "Saving Mr. Banks" was good too, it is a good movie.

13. Starscream759

Such an emotional film and this is actually true when I went to see it in the cinemas there was literally people crying during probably the pivotal scenes in the movie and I could hear very audible sobbing and I turn around and then I go: "Are those people actually crying? Holy crap they are." and it just proved how powerful films like that could be.

14. Ariel

Saving Mr Banks was amazing for me, pretty certain I might have been one of those audible sobbing peope ;3;

15. deaduser

deaduser Honorary Pony

I didn't cry at the firm, mabye I have no heart.

16. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I should see Saving Mr Banks. Have heard they changed the end though - made it look like PL Travers loved the movie when she actually hated it?

Got a large Disney DVD haul delivered today - Amazon's got an offer on reducing a bunch of them to about £5, so couldn't resist. A good few package movies (Ichabod and Mr Toad, Fun and Fancy Free, Three Caballeros, Saludos Amigos), Meet the Robinsons and Winnie the Pooh, both old one and reboot. Once I've watched them I think I'll have seen just about every Disney animated movie, except Chicken Little and Home on the Range which I've made the conscious decision to avoid.
    Edit: Oh, and The Incredible Hulk. ... Technically counts maybe?

17. Starscream759

And the scene when Walt was talking about when he was fighting to get Mickey back thanks to copyright claims and then mentions his first creation before he made Mickey and because I had been following Epic Mickey for quite some time I understood what Walt meant by that. I swear to you without a hint of irony, that I put my head down sadly and then uttered one word under my breath and it was: "Oswald..." Which of course means Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Mickey Mouse's brother.

18. Ariel

I'm so glad Disney managed to get the rights of Oswald back x-x Such a loved character forgotten by so many. Luckily the Epic Mickey games reminded a lot of people and taught even more about him

You can even get Oswald ears in the Disney parks now like the "Little Beauties" Mickey Ears :3

19. Starscream759

And ya know what? I wanted to cry at that scene I really did...just because of how he was treated in the past.

20. Ariel

Honestly, just seeing Tom Hanks playing Walt Disney to the big screen made me tear up a bit
    He's my all time favourite actor and Walt is a huge role model of mine so it was like too much for me at the time when I first saw him on screen x-x i'm so silly like that