1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Disney Movies!

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Ariel, 7 November 2014.

1. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I'll have to check those out, I think.

2. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Ooh I didn't know you watched AniMatt. I like the guy, very informative, a very intelligent reviewer and just so happens that I was debating on watching his Equestria Girls review earlier. But anyways yeah I have to agree that Disney history retrospective he had was pretty good. Though I tend to favour more on Doug's Disneycember videos more than Matt's take on Disney's history.

3. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

I got chicken little secondhand for £3 today and it came with something beautiful. The original receipt. It was bought in Oct '06 at Woolies, Lytham for £16.99! Ha! Remember those days? I miss Woolies a bit, not so much the exploitive prices, especially for questionable self proclaimed "classics". But at least it isn't HOTR! (Who likes that one btw?)
    On a similar thing, my copy of Treasure planet (a good one I now think) has a voucher for Madame Tussaud's that had a treasure planet exibit during '03! Amazing blasts from the past.

Corduroy Road likes this.
  4. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

I just watched the first 5 minutes of Chicken Little and i couldn't get into it, it feels similar to Meet The Robinsons. The animation doesn't look quite right, I can't explain why but it makes me feel queasy. They both have interesting ideas but they make me feel like i'm watching something made for a PS2 game. Think I'll watch Brother Bear or something instead,

5. Open Book

My school went to the cinema before Christmas '03 with a choice between Elf and Brother Bear. There was no question. For me it was always the disney film. I still love that one despite some similarities with TLK.
    Chicken little is one of Disney's duds, that I gave another chance with the other day. It is so mean-spirited for most of it and might have the worst father in a disney film unlike some greats like Mufasa and Mr Banks. Buck Cluck has no respect for our protagonist in such a fiercely judgemental community. Wouldn't want to live there at all.
    As I've discovered, there are many underrated disney classics out there. chicken little should stay in its shell.
    Meet the robinsons was getting there, it was more positive, but Bolt was a hit for me. PATF had some great characters and look but was a bit too complex than it needed to be. Everything from tangled to frozen was more or less perfect.

6. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I liked Meet the Robinsons - it was kind of hit-and-miss, maybe a little too madcap, but what it got right, it really did. Was pleasantly surprised to discover it was another William Joyce adaptation, too - I loved Rise of the Guardians and quite liked Epic, also both based on his work.
    Bolt was okay. I liked it well enough, but it was no masterpiece.

Brother Bear though, real childhood favourite there. <3 Watched it more recently entirely prepared to discover that that was just the nostalgia goggles talking, and actually it wasn't... well, not too much anyway. Also, "Transformation" is a stunning piece of music.

I'm kind of surprised that the Noughties Disney Dark Age was even a thing. Certainly the movies didn't seem to decline in quality much, until Chicken Little and Home on the Range that is.

Open Book likes this.
  7. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

Not a movie, but I just watched the first episode of Disney's new animated show Star Vs The Forces Of Evil, or as i like to think of it "My little Gravity Universe Sailor Pilgrim Time". It's about a magical princess from another dimension who gets sent to live in a boring suburban neighbourhood on earth. I liked it, can't wait to see how the series develops.

8. Open Book

Just for the sake of being a completist, I got Home on the Range today, and, it's not as bad as I remember. It's still quite low on my list but the eye candy is good stuff. It's miles better than the mean spirited Chicken Little.
    Probably just 5 short of getting all of them now. Another picture is due.

9. Starscream759

Which reminds me I'm wondering whether I should get a Disney movie from Itunes. Tell me what would you recommend me getting from there?

10. Ariel

Ariel What would I pay to stay here beside you...

Thought I might update this thread with a bit of news and say that Brad Bird has confirmed that his next film will be The Incredibles 2! So finally a long-awaited sequel in the works!

Also, is anyone going to see Tomorrowland? Personally, I can't wait for it to come out and am really excited for it ^-^

SRainboom likes this.
  11. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

I might go see it, it looks like it could be interesting.

12. Addy

Addy The Last Crusader

Oooh, both great films! I saw Chicken Little when it first came out. It looked naff, but my brother insisted that I watch it. It cracked me up! The music is great, and I love the characters. Top stuff. :D

Treasure Planet is one I saw back in 2002, but pretty much forgot all about it. I went back and watched it a few months ago, and it's flipping fantastic!! The animation is brilliant, the characters are suitably funny or menacing, and it's a great story.

And, uh, I may have become a little infatuated with Captain Amelia. *ahem*

Heresy! :D Well, Brother Bear is quite good, I'll grant you that, but Chicken Little is a lot of fun! I was hooked in the first few minutes, thanks in no small part to the Barenaked Ladies.

13. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I love Disney, I am watching a lot of older films in my collection atm.

Answers to the questions
    • What is your favourite Disney movie of all time? Why? Frozen, I just love this film, its just so nice
    • What is your favourite Disney quote? Frying pans, Who knew right, Flynn Rider Tangled
    • Which song from any film is your favourite? Let it Go...
    • Favourite character(s)? Elsa
    I have been playing Disney Infinity a lot lateky, Its great fun,

14. Willow_Mist

Willow_Mist Active Pony

Also a massive Disney fan right here :D

• What is your favourite Disney movie of all time? Why? I'm often tied between The Lion King, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid or Beauty and The Beast. I love the music, the stories, the characters. Though I like so many aspects of so many of the films, I find it difficult to choose just one!
    • What is your favourite Disney quote? "You're mad. Bonkers. Off your head... but I'll tell you a secret... all of the best people are!" - The Mad Hatter or perhaps "You're never too old to be young" - Snow White
    • Which song from any film is your favourite? Part of Your World, Let It Go, Be Our Guest, Prince Ali, Belle... all the good sing along ones!
    • Favourite character(s)? (No particular order!) Favourite good guys: Belle, Mary Poppins, Elsa, Rapunzel, Scuttle, Sebastian, King Triton, Simba, and Mulan are all amongst my favourites. Favourite bad guys: Scar, Gaston, Frollo, Lucifer, Maleficent and Ursula!
    I'm bad at choosing favourites... there are so many Disney films that I love <3

Wonderbolt likes this.
  15. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

So.
    Live-action Beauty and the Beast teaser.

*HAPPY FLAPPING* ""\"(^_^)"/""

16. Starscream759

Not really much to say about the remake of Beauty and the Beast other than it's got a beautiful set. I mean obviously it's a teaser trailer but really I get really say much about the teaser trailer.

17. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Also Ian McKellen is Cogsworth! :D Favourite supporting character, one of my favourite actors. :D
    Lumiere's accent is incredibly weird though.

18. Starscream759

Ahhh so that's who Ewan McGregor is playing! Lumiere! Well it was obvious who it was when he mentioned having trouble with a french accent on the Graham Norton Show. I never imagined Ian McKellen would play Cogsworth in the remake but there we go.

19. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

So Disney is trailer-happy.

I am so looking forward to this.

20. Ariel

Ariel What would I pay to stay here beside you...

OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF
    oh my god
    im in tears
    both emotional and laughing
    ((also is that idris elba?))