1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Do you ever find yourself changing who your favourite pony is?

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Golden Star, 19 March 2015.

1. Golden Star

Golden Star Formerly ChrisDilke

This is something I've been wondering about recently as I find it happening to me at times. For the longest time, I've always considered Twilight to be my favourite pony, but there's also been times when I have found myself finding a different character to be my favourite. Right now I'm finding myself partial to Applejack. At other times, I might think of Pinkie or Fluttershy as my favourite. I think if I were asked the question and I had to pick only one answer, I would still say Twilight was my fave, but maybe it's a case of not really having one particular favourite pony, but rather just liking them all and finding my preferences changing based on mood, or whatever episode/movie I may have watched or song I may have heard etc. I don't think there is a single character that I flat out dislike, except for the ones that obviously you're supposed to (e.g. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon). But I was wondering if anypony else felt this way?

Crow0785 likes this.
  2. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

Nope, always been Applejack, ever since the first time I watched Applebuck Season! The rest of the Mane Six have changed places though; ever since Sleepless in Ponyville, Rainbow Dash has been a very close second, and I've warmed up to Fluttershy a lot more. I actually do like Rarity and Pinkie Pie, but it took me a bit longer for me to appreciate them (A Dog And Pony Show and A Friend In Deed respectively) Twilight's always been a more middle-of-the-road kind of character. I suppose that comes from being the audience surrogate for most of the earlier episodes, so I found the others more interesting.

3. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

Yes, I have. When I first got into MLP FiM, all I collected was Rainbow Dash merch. Then Derpy happened. Then I sided more with Twilight. Now I am gaining an appreciation for characters I haven't much cared about before, such as Cadance. In terms of colour scheme, Lyra has always been my favourite, but I am starting to really like Sunset Shimmer.

TL:DR

It was all about Rainbow Dash, then Derpy, then I couldn't make up my mind.

Recurrent Trotting and BRJ like this.
  4. BRJ

BRJ The King benieth the Dome

I know precisely what you mean. :)

Dax likes this.
  5. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Not really, it's always been Fluttershy. Though second place regularly switches between Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie, and one of the CMCs, and while I was still on S1 it was Rainbow Dash for a while but not really since then.

6. Kohler

Kohler Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Rarity's always been up near the top for me, though certainly not exclusively my favourite; that place has been filled by a certain Twilight Sparkle on occasion. Mostly fuelled by fanart depictions and some of her better episodes.

7. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've always considered Pinkie Pie my favourite pony, but Twilight has managed to join her in that position more recently.

8. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I've always considered Rainbow Dash to be my favourite, ever since watching the 1st episode. I just find her really fun, cute and awesome when she's on screen.

I'd say when not watching an episode though, that Luna is the character I obsess over the most. I like her design, and the mystery surrounding her. She'd probably be my outright favourite if we got to see her in the show more often.

The rest of the mane 6, I'm always changing who I like better. Fluttershy's grown on me enormously since the 1st couple of seasons.

9. Recurrent Trotting

Recurrent Trotting Do you feel the same?

sunset's the big one, because of horse movie

but other than that I've been fairly stable on flutterpie :3

Oilyvalves likes this.
  10. Aldersgate

Aldersgate Honorary Pony

I've been fairly stable on Twilight as my favourite pony (just because I identify with her most) but I've found my appreciation of the others has shifted over time. I often think of this in a similar way to my favourite Doctor from Doctor Who: the one I like best is the one I happen to be watching at the time. So in episodes focused on Fluttershy I tend to favour her, while in a Rarity centred episode i appreciate more about her character and so on. At the moment, Pinkie is probably my second favourite.

I guess the big change over time has been an increased appreciation of the CMC, particularly Sweetie Belle when I re-watched the whole series last year, who managed to supplant Scootaloo as my favourite non-Mane 6 and non Luna pony.

11. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Favourite of all has been rock-solid Fluttershy since the very start. Others have moved up and down a bit -- Scootaloo is now second, for example, which she wasn't originally, and I like Rarity more than I used to. On the other hand, Rainbow Dash (mostly), Luna and Trixie are lower in my ratings than they are in many people's.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  12. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Mane 6 rise, it has always been Fluttershy

CMC it's a 2 way battle between Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, right now SB is leading.. I'm one of the few people who doesn't like Scootaloo so she never comes close.

Outside of that..Lyra, Carrot Top, Apple Fritter, Cheerilee and Octavia are my favourite minor characters although I have many more

If I were to compose a list of my top 10 favourite Ponies at this time.

01. Fluttershy
    02. Lyra
    03. Apple Fritter
    04. Coco Pommel
    05. Carrot Top
    06. Octavia
    07. Sunset Shimmer
    08. Cheerilee
    09. Caramel
    10. Thunderlane

13. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

I've always had a soft spot for Twily, but back in my very early days in the fandom, I couldn't really decide on a favourite. (Anyone remember my Rainbow and Fluttershy signature? :p )

Twilight's got a very safe place at number 1 for me, but second place seems to shift around a lot, with Fluttershy, Rainbow, Rarity, Celestia, Sweetie Belle and Sunset being the main contenders. :p

14. ❤Twilightlicious❤

it took me a little while before I new who best pony was for me, long live twilight's kingdom
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Nopony

Nopony Star Wars!

I was a big twilight fan ( @BridleTimeout @Pointless big) then this

made me fall in love with Pinkie Pie

we all have our price mine is chocolate rain

16. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

I don't think anything could ever make me change my mind from Twilight. :p

❤Twilightlicious❤ and Nopony like this.
  17. Eurocoin

Eurocoin Finnish MLP-blogger

Fluttershy is my favorite, but Twilight Sparkle is also my favorite for different reasons.

18. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

Virtually very episode.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

It alternates a lot from Rainbow Dash, to Luna, to Vinyl Scratch. But after seeing Rainbow Rocks I now have a major Sunset Shimmer obsession so yes it can change over time.

20. Crow0785

Crow0785 Kernow Broba

Totally get this. Not been Brony long, but at 1st was Applejack or nothing. Then Rainbow Dash and now I'm all up in Fluttershy's grill. Tbh I like them all. They all make me smile in their own ways.