1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Do you receive hate for being a Brony ?

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Titan295, 10 December 2013.

1. Titan295

Titan295 Active Pony

just wondering.

I get little to no hate from others except a few people questioning my mental health ( I'm fine by the way).
    where i live no one cares to be honest.

if you do get receive hate how do you respond to it ? Aggressively or Love and Tolerate ?

2. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

People use it as an insult but not seriously. "Yeah but you like pones" sort of thing.

3. Joesephius

Joesephius Josyposy

You know, I haven't actually received any real hate either. There was one person who I told who then stated that she had always hated my little pony, I assumed it was the earlier ones but I simply didn't mention it to her again and we continued talking. Apart from that, most people either accept it or choose to ignore it. The important thing is not to force it on people.

4. Recurrent Trotting

Recurrent Trotting Do you feel the same?

no I manely receive pie for being a brony

[​IMG]

once I got some hate for liking the show from this guy
    [​IMG]

but it turned out he meant to give me some hat :3

---

oooh kay seriously, the only brony hate mild irritation I've got is from ex-bronies who get irritable that I keep on liking the show and being a brony despite THE FACT THAT PONIES ARE NOW TERRIBLE FOR XXXXXXX REASONS

5. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

Yes/No. The hate I recieve is about MLP in general, not be being a Brony.

Vinyldash0002 likes this.
  6. Titan295

Titan295 Active Pony

I told my best friend, he didn't react positively. i have since converted him to ponies.

7. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

I can't say I've had any trouble with it. I've had a few jokes from my mates, but that's to be expected; I've never had any actual grief from liking My Little Pony.

8. Titan295

Titan295 Active Pony

I think all these horror stories of people being bullied and beaten are mainly from America-that must be horrible. and any hardcore haters in Britain aren't tough enough to say it to our faces

9. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

I suspect they're also school pupils. If you're at all different from what is deemed "acceptable" it's a lot harder to avoid at school as opposed to uni/adult life, where you can simply hang out with people who respect you and avoid everyone else.

10. Joesephius

Joesephius Josyposy

I told my friends, they reacted positively and even liked some of the fan stuff I occasionally share, one even seems to be getting me pony stuff for christmas, but they won't ever actually watch an episode.

11. The Hindmost

The Hindmost I believe in Cranky Cool

Some incredulity, but never hate, I've even had work colleagues send me pony related memes they've seen "because [I'll] appreciate this" :)

12. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

I don't really get hate at all. But then again I don't really broadcast the fact.
    Most of the people I know are Brones anyway.

13. TECHNI-COLOR

TECHNI-COLOR Active Pony

i've had very little hate, my friends and family are all supportive ^_^

14. Dracour

Dracour Dragon in a pony suit

Even my friend who does hate bronies hasn't given me any hate for me liking it, he just makes small jokes about it but all in a good laugh kinda way. I've received hate online but only by one or two people, all they do is rant about how awful it is and such, but once that rant or two was out of the way it was back to normal again.

15. Titan295

Titan295 Active Pony

my friend does this. if i like something he doesn't he makes jokes about it for about a month or two.

16. Alliminaro

Alliminaro Old Man Minaro

Personally I've yet to receive any hate from it. I've had plenty of jokes made about it by my friends, but that's expected and I just make jokes about something they like instead, cause we're a right bunch of [ERROR: CHOICE OF WORD NOT FOUND: IMAGINATION REQUIRED].

But I mean, like most people, I don't go like, waving it around much. My avatar here is my Skype avatar, and besides that there's very little else anywhere that I show anything for it. Besides having some humorously parodied names in Guild Wars 2 that I actually used before becoming a brony (It was a joke at the time between the same aforementioned friends) and the Mumble channel I own having some things related to it in a joking manner, there's nothing to really show for it anywhere for me. I guess I'm not public enough with it to get hate. Not that it's very common anyway from what I've heard or seen.

17. Mewn

Mewn Favoured Class: Cleric of Luna

No hate, but it's confused a few people. Then again, I'm not particularly vocal about ponies except with bronies and those friends who understand why I'm a fan, even if they themselves are not.

18. Astro

Astro Morally Peculiar

I just receive hate, regardless of anything
    I doubt being a brony would make it any worse xD

19. Titan295

Titan295 Active Pony

That's Terrible. I used to receive hate for liking Star trek but that was several years ago.

20. cyberjacob

cyberjacob Well-Known Pony

What's important to remember is that this happens to any fandom. I've legitimately heard "yeah but you like minecraft so [your opinion] doesn't count". Yes, you probably hear this more as a brony, but it's because MLP is a fandom they don't understand compared to others.

On anther note, the worst I've heard is mom with " My little pony, is s/PG-13/bad/g and phony" when she first understood that I was a brony.