1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Kyon, 4 June 2012.

1. Kyon

Kyon Scooter kleptomaniac

With this being a UK forum I'm surprised we don't a thread on this amazing show, everyone start talking about the greatest sci-fi show ever!

Leon K Fox likes this.
  2. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

Been rewatching Doctor Who and Torchwood occasionally these past few weeks, in fact I'm expecting to reach the end of the 10th doctor series again tonight. Did go back and watch Genesis of the Daleks and Revenge of the Cybermen again as well a couple weekends back, the mood just took me for some reason and it was a day well spent.

D-Vault and Absentia like this.
  3. PegasusAmie

Yup, I'm a 'Brovian.' That is an awesome term... Where I'm staying at the moment, there's a Sci-fi Museum. They have loads of stuff from the original show as well, Like one of the fourth doctors ACTUAL scarves..
    The next series is gonna be great, I hope.. I think Matt Smith is an awesome doctor.. But won't beat David Tennant or Tom baker in my opinion..

4. LoomX

LoomX Honorary Pony

I never really watched much of the old series (before my time etc.) but my first Doctor Who experience was the one off TV movie from the mid 90's with Paul McGann. I enjoyed that at the time but was disappointed when they didn't make a follow on series.

I've watched the current run, from Christopher Eccleston up to now, and I'd say it's one of the only things I watch on proper telly nowadays.

Did anyone ever go to the old Doctor Who exhibition in Llangollen? It had a lot of the old props and costumes from the old series, as well as a Dapol factory that made action figures and model trains. Here's a website all about it - Doctor Who Experience.

Sadly it closed in 2003 and the land now has flats or something on it. Still makes me sad whenever I drive past it :(

5. PegasusAmie

Well I've only ever seen about ten episodes of The tom baker series, but I loved how crazy the doctor was.. It's really difficult to find them online without buying them, but I shall never give up until I have seen that entire series.. It may take a while..

6. Mysticolt

Mysticolt Ponyholic

I like Doctor Who, but I prefer the spin off ; The Sarah Jane Adventures

7. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

That's such a good episode and I still have it on tape.
    I remember when Beeb2 did re-runs of the Pretwee & T.Baker episodes in the late 90s.

8. Geo Ghost

Geo Ghost Active Pony

I find it difficult to see the classic Doctor Who and the 'new' Doctor Who as the same show. To me, they are far too different. I will always prefer the classic ones because of the stories behind them and the content.
    The stories lasted a good number of episodes and usually had a number of twists. Most of them were also more engaging and there was also a lot more content to them.
    With the recent ones though... stories are 1 or 2 episodes and that's it. Apart from the backing story throughout a certain series. Whether it be Bad Wolf, Rose, The doctor's regeneration, River Song etc. But also, a lot of the writing was just... terrible! In my honest view, Russel Davies ruined Doctor Who and I hated all his writing. It was just god-awful in my opinion with some "magical fix at the end" that solves everything. To me, it's Sci-Fi. Not fantasy magic =( And the other thing that got to me... "I can go anywhere in time and anywhere in the universe" but most things were still on Earth with was really dull to me.
    I didn't watch the series with Matt Smith. I had kind of got bored of it by that time. Classics for me any day! :D

There was a brilliant video I once saw comparing the old and new Doctor Who. It was brilliant but I've never been able to find it since. It was a bit biased, but it made some really strong points about the content, story, and about everything in general actually. If anyone ever comes across it, please do leave a link. I think it was "Doctor who - New vs old" or something of the sort.

Though on a lighter note, I did like Steven Moffat's writing. Empty Child was one of my favourites. Creeped the hell out of me that one! As it should do :D

Parthidens likes this.
  9. Kyon

Watch the Matt Smith episodes, Steven Moffat is the head writer now;)

I love sylveon. likes this.
  10. PegasusAmie

That is why the show is so awesome.. Plus the actors.. Of course!

11. Kyon

Empty child gave me nightmares for ages, didn't help I was in a hotel in london when it aired and got locked outside my room all night :eek:

12. Emty

Emty "What's his shoe size?" "Shoe size doesn't matter"

[​IMG]

cheekydemon likes this.
  13. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

I never really got into Doctor Who, but I'd like to.

Where should I start?

14. Emty

Emty "What's his shoe size?" "Shoe size doesn't matter"

At the beginning of the episode.

15. Kyon

A good place to start is probably season 5, since the show went through a large overhaul in production staff and seemed like a new beginning.
    Oh you :rolleyes:

16. D-Vault

D-Vault Software Developer

I'm 14 and for 11 of my years I've been a doctor who fan I prefer most episodes before matt smith entered the scene, I love the daleks and the cybermen ( remembrance of the daleks and revenge of the cybermen being my favourite)
    So I would say start at those two

17. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

If you can get access to Genesis of the Daleks, watch that. It's a heavy awesome episode and has some great Tom Baker action.

18. XBPonyA

XBPonyA Pegulsus is best boyfriend <3

Just finished the last season with David Tennant in it. He is the best Doctor in my opinion

D-Vault likes this.
  19. LoomX

LoomX Honorary Pony

I'd say start from Christopher Eccleston's run as it's the start of the modern Doctor Who era.

cheekydemon and XBPonyA like this.
  20. Wisdom Pen

Wisdom Pen Residential Philosopher and Wizard of Lincoln

got all of the pony doctors here i couldnt believe they did all of these guys:
    [​IMG]