1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Email

Discussion in 'Technology & Internets' started by Cuttleshock, 3 July 2013.

?

Which email provider do you use?

1. Gmail

55.6%
  2. Yahoo! Mail

26.7%
  3. Hotmail

44.4%
  4. AOL Mail

4.4%
  5. Other

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

There's one thing it's certain we all share in common. Well, about three things, but this isn't about your breathing habits (have to say, that'd make a good thread in its own right). It's about the email services you use, as how else did you sign up here? Answer the poll if you want and/or post about the email(s) you use and why, how many, which you prefer, and whatever else you can think of. If the poll is lacking, it's because I'm not an epostman and don't know these things.

2. Potator

Potator Honorary Pony

I've had one email address my whole life because I didn't make a stupid little girl one when I was younger. I was sensible, believe it or not. I occasionally use my Gmail when I need to.

jacob olson likes this.
  3. Killergoose

Killergoose Modest genius

I have both yahoo mail and gmail, I've had yahoo for a while and I only got a gmail account because I made a google account to watch videos on youtube which required me to sign in. I figured I might as well get gmail for video recommendations in case I missed anything as well.

4. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

G-mail, Hotmail for Origin and Domain name servers for certain E-mails.
    So My Hotmails redirect to my Googlemail, and my Domain ones are all connected to Outlook

#4 Silvarrn, 3 July 2013
    Last edited: 4 July 2013
  5. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

I use Hotmail for business and Gmail for everything else.

6. awesomeluna

awesomeluna *gargle gargle*

i use yahoo, gmail and derpymail
    (i have about seven different accounts in total ^^ )

7. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

GMX cause school said I should. Now I have about 7 for various different uses.

8. Centurion

Centurion Honorary Pony

I mainly use Hotmail/Outlook, but I was forced to get a gmail account when I got my phone.

9. mattyhex

mattyhex Fwuffy Cheetah

I mainly use my own, since I'm allowed to what with having my own website (and I'm allowed as many addresses as I like).

But I do also have a Gmail (for my phone/tablet) and Yahoo... and a Tiscali (which redirects to my Yahoo).

10. Babbage

Babbage Square + Circle Is Life

I've used the same Hotmail address for yearrrrrrrrrrrrs now cause I was lucky enough to get the name I wanted! :p

11. Spencer75

Spencer75 Honorary Pony

I've used Hotmail for my email accounts since 2006, mostly because I'm used to it and that I'm too lazy to try any others. :p

12. cool110

cool110 ⏏⋈♻✇✐

I have all my incoming mail going straight to my home server while outgoing mail is routed via Gmail to avoid spam filters.

13. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

I signed up for googlemail (now gmail) ages back in about 2005 or 6 and have kept the same account which I use primarily and almost exclusively. All the email through my website gets redirected there, and also from a few other accounts. I also have a live.co.uk account which I signed up to in the interim of when MSN went over to Windows Live before eventually shutting down (before that, I just used my parent's hotmail account). I don't really use that account, though I do for signing up to things that are likely to spam be (though gmail's disposable email addresses pretty much eliminate the need for this now). I also have an outlook.com account college signs everyone up for which I use just for emailing lecturers and receiving feedback on assignments (and also because it's a .ac.uk account, I also use it to sign up for things and get educational discounts).

14. Alteran

Alteran Horse Noises

I went from MSN Hotmail to Gmail when it was new, and then back to Hotmail because I was getting loads of spam on my Gmail, and then back to Gmail again because Hotmail just didn't have the "zing!" that Gmail comes with.

15. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

I use Yahoo normally, and when I just don't feel like putting up with something I put it on one of my five Gmails.

16. jsqrde

jsqrde Ex-alcoholic

I use Gmail and Hotmail, but whenever I sign up for something I use a randomly generated email that forwards the stuff to me.

17. Bellzor

Bellzor 1% Tea, 99% Hot gas.

AOL Mail, because it came with the AOL internet we got way back when and I can't be bothered getting a new E mail.

18. CyberneticPony

CyberneticPony Ab alio expectes alteri quod feceris.

I use all of the above actually...

19. Wisdom Pen

Wisdom Pen Residential Philosopher and Wizard of Lincoln

Yahoo and its actually my 4th e-mail address because i first started with AOL then upgraded to Hotmail but the account got hacked so i made a new hotmail but it also got hacked somehow so i switched to Yahoo and im much happier

20. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Hotmail for fun and is old as hell, gmail for professional things like uni and for job applications.