1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Epic/Disappointing bosses

Discussion in 'Games' started by sean retro, 5 September 2013.

1. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Disappointing
    For the final boss for Gears of Wars 2 hold RT to win but the final level was fun riding on a Brumak.

Epic
    Almost every boss from TWEWY I can think of.

2. Ultraboy94

Ultraboy94 I forgot how to productivity.

Epic:
    Pretty much every boss from Thunder Force IV. (Hey look I keep plugging that game)

Disappointing:
    Pretty much every boss from Sonic CD except the first and last ones. No real machines, just gimmicks.

3. Recurrent Trotting

Recurrent Trotting Do you feel the same?

NWN2 boss was incredibly boring. I wubbed most of that game but the ending took forever and required little interesting action to beat him. Just slowly hammer away and protect yourself from being drained... some of the dragons in BGII ToB break your brain trying to beat them, so it was a bit of a let down that he was the boss here

[​IMG]
    rawr I'm evil and powerful - it's just a shame I live in the one place that has stuff which can beat me

4. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

Disappointing: All games where instead of a final boss, they give you a horde wave of enemies (ie Mass Effect 3).

Epic: All the Bowser boss fights from Mario Galaxy. Mostly for DAT MUSIC.

5. 5L0TH

5L0TH Forever late

Halo reach?

Epic: Most bosses in Serious Sam ,Terraria and MGS. GLaDOS in portal and Wheatly in portal 2, Halo 3 and Reach. Probably some more but can't think now.

Disappointing: Every game where instead of fighting the boss properly its just a super easy quick time event (looking at you halo 4).

6. TibbsUK

TibbsUK The pony formerly known as Insomnia

Epic:
    Metal Gear REX in Metal Gear Solid.

Disappointing:
    Natla in the original Tomb Raider. Goes down way too easily.

7. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

Disappointing: The bosses of the last few chapters of Infinite Space, by which time they could be pushovers if you merely had a fair-sized fleet of fighters. Also the final boss of Golden Sun Book 2, only in terms of difficulty, but that probably wouldn't have been the case had I not gone for all the bonus bosses as well.

Epic: Final bosses of... Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario: TTYD, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Advance Wars: Dark Conflict (insofar as the final mission can be considered a boss. On that line, all of the final confrontations with any given antagonist were definitely epic). The vast majority of bosses in Skies of Arcadia from the mid-early game onwards. The final bosses of the Tails and Sonic stages of Sonic Adventure.

8. QuickSilver XD

QuickSilver XD from days gone by

Disappointing? I think the most disappointing boss I've ever "fought" was Lucian in Fable 2. I was so hyped up for what I thought was going to be the final battle so I made sure to get as kitted out as I could and then I went and finished the game. Sucked.

Epic? Hard to say... maybe both bosses from the Last story of SA2, and as Cuttles said the Sonic and Tails final bosses from SA1 were awesome too.

9. SonicCharge

SonicCharge Former Rain Cloud.

Epic: Rayquazza from Pokemon mystery dungeon. BRT.

Disappointing: Team meanies from the same game.

10. lunafury

lunafury Active Pony

disappointing: alien queen bosses from alien colonial marines, i actually felt the game was not bad but that final boss fight was a major letdown
    epic: the warrior from borderlands 2

#10 lunafury, 8 September 2013
    Last edited: 8 September 2013
  11. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

Epic - Sonic 3 & Knuckles Final Boss. That boss is my MOST favourite of all time and it's setting is pretty epic. In space, on a collapsing space station, fighting a giant robot!

Disappointing - Monster-Ock from Spiderman on the PS1. I was expecting a huge, final fight with this guy but what do you end up doing? Running...running away and nothing else.

12. Heatseeker

Heatseeker Honorary Pony

Epic: Close tie between ganondorf/ganon from ocarina of time and demise from skyward sword. I'm a huge Zelda fan and the build up as you climb up the tower fighting the strongest enemies as the organ music grow louder as you climb higher makes it all suspenseful. The fight it self wasn't the best in the game, it makes up for it for it by having to escape from the tower after saving zelda. The fight with ganon was a perfect climax. Link loses his sword, everything feels like it's gone to hell and you genuinely feel outmatched.

Demise was also a great climax. Very good use of the wii motion controls, Spectacular setting and finishing move :p

Fail: Final boss from 007 NightFire. You're given an over powered weapon so you could finish the game in one charged shot -_-

13. Symphonic

Symphonic Metal Gear Rising: Rederpance

Disappointing: Final Fantasy 12's end disappointed me so much I litterally got to the boss and coulden't be assed. Still haven't finished that game all the way.

Epic: Darksiders probably takes the biscuit for making me feel like a total badass (this is every boss, not just the last). I should play taht game again...

14. XBPonyA

XBPonyA Pegulsus is best boyfriend <3

Epic: Most of the late boss fights from Eternal Sonata

Disappointing: Wesker from Resi 5

15. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Epic: Optimus/Megatron on the Ark breaking apart next to a portal and you’re just beating each other up, a great way to end Fall of Cybertron.

I was really looking forward for attest a good boss fight to make up the disappointment from RE5, maybe having Wesker turn into the Tyrant from the first RE to have a fitting end for Wesker but no we got long boring fight.

16. Tatter Tail

Tatter Tail Thread-killer 4000

Dissapointing: Lucien from Fable 2. I literally did nothing. Nothing at all.

Epic: Colonel Sloan from Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Admittedly you don't actually do anything to him, but the level its attached to... Epic arena fight versus undead, an 80's training montage, wrist mounted death laser and a ride on a talking dragon with laser cannons. I mean, come on. there's badass, then there's that.

17. SonicCharge

SonicCharge Former Rain Cloud.

I was going to enjoy that battle :( That is disappointing.

18. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

Epic: The Warrior from Borderlands 2.
    Disappointing: The Warrior from Borderlands 2.

This isn't a joke, it really is.

Fostergraph and SonicCharge like this.
  19. Derpmuffin

Derpmuffin Letting people down is my thing, baby

Epic: Many from MGS, but The End... Just beautifully crafted.
    Final Ansem and Final Xemnas, T err... just all end bosses from KH, II, BBS, and 358/2..
    N.Gin from Crash Bandicoot 2.
    Disappointing: The penultimate boss from Seek and Destroy, the Heavily armoured tank. Not bad in anyway, but he isn't as enjoyable as the other bosses for some reason.
    ...That's the only disappointing boss I can think of that I've faced, and its still a good boss.
    Oh, wait, Shinobu from No more heroes. She's not bad, but she's too mediocre. She's difficult and has a one hit kill that looks like any normal attack. Plus, on bitter, she takes loads of health, you can hardly get more than one hit in per combo, and the areas cramped with one small health item.
    Dark star...just joking! you'll get the joke if you played the game!

20. Fostergraph

Fostergraph Prospit Dreamer

If I had to give one epic boss battle, it would have to be the final boss from Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2. Massively disorienting, and that's why it's great.