1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Equestria & Back Again (The @ the 02 Christmas Special) - 20th December 2014 - Event Feedback

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by DynamiteMonkey, 20 December 2014.

1. DynamiteMonkey

DynamiteMonkey Dino is best Magical Girl

Dragons, Secret Santa's and paper aeroplanes.

While you lot are all down at the Horse, I'll jab this this thread up.

So, everybody had a good day?

Also, thanks to my sectet santa, whoever you may be. As somebody who has about three or four cups of tea a night, it's appreciated.

#1 DynamiteMonkey, 20 December 2014
    Last edited: 20 December 2014
  2. An Obese Skeleton

An Obese Skeleton Fresh from your mausoleums

'Twas a good time, my companions of both young and old.

Was really great to see y'all, and to know better some of you I don't know as well.

Thanks to BRJ, Lezli, Spear, Silvarrn, Greetings and KFrohman for staffing the event - and to Absentia for my mead - it shall keep me going on my pillaging voyages tomorrow.

May we all meet again, when Bifrost stands behind us.

Dax, BRJ, Greetings and 2 others like this.
  3. cyberjacob

cyberjacob Well-Known Pony

Another awesome meet at the O2! Thanks to my secret santa, they do match my necklace.

An even bigger thanks to BRJ, Dax, and all the other staff that make these meets possible!

Can't wait for the next one.

Dax, BRJ and Greetings like this.
  4. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Five gold and a party!!

What an awesome meet!!! :D

The film was fantastic and it was great getting to see everyone again, and meeting people for the first time (though I have forgotten all your names, so sorry about that *facepalm*) I also had a really good time chatting to everyone at my table.

To whoever my secret santa was, thanks so much for my awesome hat! :D I've got a few outdoor 'lab' classes in the new year so I'm sure it'll come in handy. In the mean time, Applejack's wearing it in place of her cow pony hat ;)
    IMG_1105.JPG
    I know my secret santa stalkee was pleased with their gift, so I'm glad you liked it :)

Lastly, HUGE thanks to @BRJ and @Dax for going to all the trouble of arranging and running these meets. When I first came up with the idea and held the first meet all those many years ago I had no idea it would grow to be as big as it did. And while I was unable to continue running them after that first meet, BRJ and Dax, and @Magpie and @Spear have done an amazing job running them ever since. I may have been only a very occasional visitor to these meets, but it's been an incredible three years, and hopefully will continue to be for some time to come.

Dax, Magpie, BRJ and 3 others like this.
  5. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Just got home. I hate that London Bridge is currently closed (the main station, that is. Underground station is still functioning). It made the trip home longer as a result. Oh well.

Still, I had a fantastic day out. Sat with great friends, the film was brilliant and a merry old time was had. To my Secret Santa, my Aperture Laboratories scarf is amazing. I know it defeats the purpose of a Secret Santa, but do come forward if you want (it's going to bug me for months). @Sweet Tale, I know I've said this a lot already, but thank you so much again for letting me crash at your place. I really appreciate it.

Finally, @BRJ and @Dax, I know this definitely isn't goodbye, but you two have done a wonderful job organising these meets. This was a great one to finish it off. You've brought many people together through these and I'm certain just about everyone whose turned up appreciates it.

'Til next time, ya filthy animals. :D

Dax, Sweet Tale and BRJ like this.
  6. Heatseeker

Heatseeker Honorary Pony

Wow, where do I begin?

It was great to over due catch up with @Thorn @8_Bit @DynamiteMonkey and @Enduring Pony Even better to finally meet @Teasle @Babbage and @Sweet Tale at long last! :D

Had the best day out I've had for a long time! The film was a great way to close off the Middle Earth saga and the company I around the table was the icing on the cake for an already great day out. To my Secret Santa, the gift is awesome, thanks for hitting the mark. :p

Special shout out goes for the Waitress who made my new name cannon.

Dax, Sweet Tale and Thorn like this.
  7. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

Once again, a special thank you to @BRJ and @Dax for organising such a great ender to 2014, and to my Secret Santa for giving me something spicy (and for not getting me a thong!

This now completes the whole Tolkienverse, and this film has been rather epic. Now I look forward to getting all the Middle-earth films on BD, now that I have my very own BR player in the form of the PlayStation 4.

Going to miss you all, but I wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

See you all in 2015!

Dax, BRJ and An Obese Skeleton like this.
  8. TECHNI-COLOR

TECHNI-COLOR Active Pony

10872516_1558166731095341_1812639156_n.jpg

I say, what a fantastic meet!

Dax, ant010203, BRJ and 2 others like this.
  9. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

My... Word. What a meet. I didn't see the film as per usual, but that didn't stop me enjoying myself. The photographs came out great, given the poor lighting and environment, I can't wait to get to editing and uploading them tomorrow. Will say though, I saw what you did, @BarkBirch. I may have to splice some stuff for the sake of PG.

Sadly I can't work on them until then, so you'll have to wait.
    Also, to my SS (who I did find out but forgot the name of) - you are awesome. I very nearly cried I was so ecstatic. I'm going to treasure my plushie like you wouldnt believe.

Dax, ant010203 and Coastie like this.
  10. Centurion

Centurion Honorary Pony

I had an awesome day, despite spending far too much money while with @Stormblaze, @Reverb Skyriff, @ant010203 and @Kao in Leicester Square. It was great to see so many faces again after so long, and I also bumped in to somebody from the meet who was sitting right behind me on the train, the name eludes me but he was wearing a Pinkie Pie hoodie.That's the end of 2014 meets for me and I want to thank all of you for an amazing year. Especially you. <3

11. Alliminaro

Alliminaro Old Man Minaro

A marvellous time was had today, darlin's. :D Not entirely sure what to say about the whole thing, but just that a good time was had with pleasant company. Yes, even all of us on the Table of Bad Jokes And Poor Humour. ;)

Of course a huge thank you goes to @BRJ and @Dax for doing a mighty fine job of Herding Cats. :p

To my SS, when I said I have only about 2 exploitable interests, you chose perfectly with Rarity and Card Games :p The chocolatey tribute just sealed the deal really, so a big ol' thankyou to you, Mystery Secret Person. :D

That one would be me, darlin', and you're very much welcome :D My goal was to make someone very happy, so t'was a pleasure to see it received so well. :D But of course, you have to thank @Sewpoke for the actual plushie, I but merely funded the project, 'tis all. ;)

Stormblaze, Dax, BRJ and 1 other person like this.
  12. Flipturn

Flipturn I've seen footage

Really great fun, in fact I think it beat last year's meet which is impressive.

I luuuurve my funko Pinkie Pie, thanks so much to whoever my Secret Santa was for getting it - she's going straight on my desk next to the computer monitor ^.^ The little touches on the packaging/back of box had me and the people on my table rolling (and come to think of it, the table across from us!)

Was good to chat to @ant010203, @Jadders, @Kusak and @GhostlyJunkbot as well as meet @PinkiusPieakus, @TECHNI-COLOR and @StarStream on our table, and chuckle over things like Ant getting a book on ants... and playing catch-the-planes-coming-from-the-general-direction-of-the-corner-table \o/

Heading to Meltdown with Fez, @Dandy Strummer, @al capony, @Josh and others was a good time afterwards, along with meeting more people down in the Horse. Had to leave earlier than I'd liked (and some random Tooting Bec delay was a bit dumb) but hey.

Of course, special thanks to @BRJ and @Dax, who've held down the O2 meets only so many times and made this one no exception, to our friendly neighbourhood photographer @KFrohman and again to my Secret Santa for the fab present.

Merry Christmas y'all, here's to 2015 being another gr8 year \o/

#12 Flipturn, 21 December 2014
    Last edited: 21 December 2014
  13. SmartyShy

SmartyShy Katie's huggie bear and Guardian Angel

Wow!! What a meet. Loved every second of it. Firstly a big thank you to @BRJ and @Dax for being amazing hosts and for everything you've done with these meets.

Secondly- would my secret Santa pretty please reveal themselves to me as I want to thank you properly for the AMAZING pinkie pie plushie. I love her to bits.

Last but not least was amazing to spend some time catching up with people I'd not seen in a while.

Thanks again to Benjy and Lezlie and to everyone else who made this meet as good as it was :D

Also I want to thank @Lunartic Brony for my gift... I absolutely love them and can't thank you enough. And also a big thank you to @TheDamnedScribe for my whiskey.

On behalf of myself and @Smarty Paws we wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year :)

#13 SmartyShy, 21 December 2014
    Cal, Dax, Tak and 1 other person like this.
  14. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Really had a brilliant time at the 02 still can't believe that I haven't seen that dome in 14 years since the millennium. Gotta hand it to ya Benjy, ya really know how to pick the venues. Anyways like I said had a brilliant time, the film was pretty good and it really was worth going through college just to see you guys again.

My highlights include:
    - Meeting 8-Bit who had quite the handshake there. And also him calling me Jack Whitehall. By the way dude, it's fine I'm aware that I look like a British stand up comedian. And no ya not annoying.
    - Meeting up with BRJ again along with Lezli who by the way did a brilliant host the event.
    - Another moment with 8-Bit where we fooled around with a Sonata plushie and me restraining another Brony from taking her you know who you are. Sorry I forgot your name there.
    - Giving BRJ his present hope you enjoy it
    - The jokes that were made about our favourite yellow faced ninny, Flash Sentry. All to the tune of Flash Gordon from Queen.
    - Me trying to steal I mean "stopping" the people who were trying to take the OCC Ponies of BRJ and Lezli all while BRJ's back was turned. And I so defiantly did not make them kiss. The plushies I mean not the people that would just be weird.
    - Finding another Nostalgia Critic fan along with another Transformers fan.
    - The Secret Santa was good for a couple of laughs even if I did worry a bit about what I was getting.

All in all I enjoyed myself and thank you for the people sitting with me at our table. You guys were awesome.

#14 Starscream759, 21 December 2014
    Dax, BRJ and SmartyShy like this.
  15. Dandy Strummer

Dandy Strummer The type of pony everypony should know

Well, that was a good day. Started with breakfast ramen in Wagamamas because why not? Then it was film time. Already saw it in 3D Imax but didn't mind re-watching.

The food was nice enough, pretty middle of the road. Filled a hole, wasn't bad, wasn't great.

My secret santa, I can't describe, because swears get me warnings from the mods. Seriously though @KFrohman you're an amazing wonderful absolute git. <3

Got to the horse (eventually and had a nice time chilling and weebing out with old friends that I haven't seen for a while.

So all in all, good day.

Tibbs likes this.
  16. StarStream

StarStream Recognised Pony

That was a really great meet- a big thank you to the organisers!
    StarStream, not Starscream759. I really should change my username! :p

Siaphra likes this.
  17. Heatseeker

Heatseeker Honorary Pony

Something I forgot to add last night. @BRJ and @Dax You have never fail to impress when it comes to the 02 meets. Certainly the best send off I could of asked for. ;)

#17 Heatseeker, 21 December 2014
    Dax likes this.
  18. Centurion

Centurion Honorary Pony

I'm still amazed that writing about @Alteran consuming 10,000 tonnes of coffee beans annually won me this.
    [​IMG]

Dax, An Obese Skeleton and Alteran like this.
  19. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

Thought I'd pop by and mix a few words into our feedback brew. (No @SmartyShy you cannot have it to go with your whiskey). :p

Film was okay, food and drinks were great and the atmosphere / banter has helped me recover from quite a dark place that I have been stuck in lately. While fate has a habit of continuously dealing me some testing cards, it is really uplifting that I have so many of you here to help me when I need it.

I'd like to thank @BRJ @Dax and all their meet helpers for another great meet. It is sad that you are now stepping down from one of the most iconic meets of the forum but thank you for everything you have done for this community. I wish you all the best with the future and hope you both have a Merry Christmas, remember not to be a stranger - it would be lovely to see you join us at some point over 2015 for another O2. :)

Some highlights that made my day:
    • Heatseeker's ... whoops I'm sorry @Heart Seeker 's new identity. :)
    • @CJJ just because. <3
    • All those who passed Christmas cards onto me (I will be organised one year to give me own, I promise). - You know who you are you special people <3
    • Bristol Brony reunion - @FireSparkle @Cavatina and @Kim <3
    • The feeling of dread when I saw the 'what is the question' answer, 'feathers, odd socks and rubbish'. It was almost like that question was created with me in mind and by some of the questions you lot gave I can't help but feel the love. :p Wish I blagged some of those answer sheets for my 'Mirror of Interesting Things'.
    • Seeing @Teasle 's face light up with her SS present. Whoever you are user, thank you. :)
    • Seeing @Thorn groan in pain when he saw the trailer for the film 'Pan'.
    • Well while Sunset has been staying with me the last two days, it was brilliant to finally meet him and see him doing the boogie to an O2 meet. Hopefully we'll see more of you around these parts. :)
    • A surprise attendee of the meet. It made yesterday special that @UmbraFlare was able to make the meet though those of you who banded together to keep this a secret from me are getting pelted with my new found seasonal seeds at the end of the festivities. :p I really love my Christmas present Emma, thank you. :)
    To my Secret Santa Stalker: Now while I had a feeling I would be getting something related to seeds again I cannot say I saw that coming. :p That is by far one of the best presents I have had to date, so much so that we were all able to have a good laugh about it. :) Thank you, I've attached a counter picture for you.

You have invented Magpie™ Branded Cereal. :p

[​IMG]

Lastly as some of you picked up yesterday, I have started assembling the pieces ready for O2 January meet (provisionally the 31st January), Big Hero 6. Stand by for more information in the New Year, that is if I can catch the thread it is a bit too quick for me. :(

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas Users!!! - Love Burd x

;) - Hope the candy canes gave you enough energy to make your 'there and back again' journey and that the company was pleasant. I accidentally ate the Mint Cake bar I put in there originally, it sparkled when the light shone on it. :p

CJJ, Dax, DynamiteMonkey and 4 others like this.
  20. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

I'm home, already started on image import.
    [​IMG]
    I have my work cut out for me.
    Also in other news, as a bit of a joke, I was going to give @BRJ something at the meet which I had in my bag, but I completely forgot about. I'm probably gonna get a reet smack for this, but he had his roots in cosplaying from many, many years ago.
    [​IMG]
    *hides*

CJJ, ant010203, Dax and 4 others like this.